ESPN win percentage probability by game

Advertisement
Something weird about their model. According to this, Appy State looks like a better team that Michigan State, Virginia, NC State, Georgia Tech and Duke. And FSU is our toughest ACC opponent after UNC and Pitt. Not sure I agree with all of that.
The App St percentage might have more to do with Alabama game. A win and it will be hard getting the kids down from that high. Either a W or a L it will be a war, and there will be alot of beat up bodies.

Something weird about their model. According to this, Appy State looks like a better team that Michigan State, Virginia, NC State, Georgia Tech and Duke. And FSU is our toughest ACC opponent after UNC and Pitt. Not sure I agree with all of that.
App State was a better team last year than Michigan State, Virginia, NC State, Georgia Tech, and especially Duke.

FSU has enough talent to pull out being the 5th best ACC team, not too hard to see that happening. Not saying it will, but probably a safer bet than uva or Georgia tech being decent

Advertisement
What was that nonsense from the last time we played App State- didn't some portly App State cheerleader make up lies about the team and say she'd been harassed by the Miami players or something like that?

this right here is reason enough to run up the score on that ****hole program

I hate that part of the country, lived up in Tennessee for 9 months. Rudest people I've ever met in my life, literally one of the main reasons I moved back to florida was because I missed the people here.

that whole Appalachian area is hillbilly ****, hate that place and hope manny puts 70 on that program.

Perhaps assuming we lose some starters to injury against Bama.

Advertisement
App state has a **** good program and will be a relatively tough out imo. Think people don’t realize how awful Michigan
State will be. They’re basically turning over half their roster this year.
They obviously don't understand how bad FSU will be. If they stay within 20 points of us, I'm questioning Manny's manhood. FSU lost darn near all their good players, even if they were quitters.

18% is roughly 1 out of 5 1/2 games.
I'll take it.
confused paul rudd GIF

She should have been suspended from school for her clearly false accusations. There were a half dozen different videos from various angles that showed that the players were nowhere near her. She basically made up a story and tried to pin a crime on black teenagers ( she alleged a crime had taken place because she said she had been assaulted). Of course the media ran with it because it involved Miami and then didn't publish a follow on story that highlighted how an overweight app state flag twirler deliberately lied to get Miami players in trouble.

Maybe now with all the racial tension in the country, the media will have incentive to gin up interest in the game and will actually talk about the clearly racist false accusations made by an app state student the last time the teams played. Would be nice for our guys to come out fired up and ready to punish app state for that bigoted nonsense.

Why the **** did we schedule a home and home with them?

Was shocked at some of those %s being so high. That said, maybe this a sneak peak into the expectations we should have on this team and how the national media views our chances of having a really good season. No more 8-9 win team talk. 10+ wins or bust.

Advertisement
Preseason FPI weighs returning starters heavily which is why it's so bullish on Miami and gives certain teams better chances even though they're not as good of a team. I take theses things with a grain of salt but they're fun to discuss. I think last season's pre-covid schedule pre season FPI had Miami only winning like 8 of their 12 games so it's not exactly a crystal ball.

Some bichazz Canes "fan" is rubbing his hands at Central Connecticut's .05 chance of winning, saying "so you're saying there's a chance".

Why the **** did we schedule a home and home with them?
I'm only speculating but it's likely the contract was signed 9 or 10 years ago while Miami was struggling to draw more than 40,000 to any home game not FSU. The athletic department wasn't exactly in a rush to spend a ton of money paying G5 teams to play here so they cut deals to do home and homes against Cincy, App State and Arkansas State. Not the program's proudest moment

Advertisement
The only one that seems off is the Carolina game. The orginal FPI is based on a neutral field matchup. The 52% chance to win implies were 1-1.5 point favorites. Home field normally gives 2-3 points to the home side. So ESPN must believe we’re about FG to 4.5 points better than UNC at a neutral site. Im not arguing that. I’m arguing that every preseason ranking that says UNC is the projected better team.

and the Alabama game. should be closer to 9-10% than 18%

Those percentages when factoring in probability leaves us at anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2 more than likely

A lot depends, obviously, on DK. Does anyone know how he is progressing? I just haven't seen much and I'm really asking if anybody really knows, not just the fluff BS that comes out in the 247 articles. Fall camp is only about 2 weeks away. TIA

Advertisement
Back