ESPN: Miami has a top ranked class and plans to hold onto it

They'll be a couple that flip but it's not gonna be a program killer. There's plenty of fish that want in this season. The early signing period would've done wonders in the Golden years. Now that they're working and we have that it's game over fellas. UM will finish top 5 without a doubt. We all know that if UM finishes top 5 this year we are #1 with all the FL talent this period.

Advertisement
We fuqin and I already know we winning a title during MR regime. This is all we had to do was recruit sfla like this.....Georgia doesn't have the talent we have

Wrong. GA does have the talent in the state and competes with no one in the state for Croots. The problem is a lot of kids want to leave the state and go to Auburn, Clemson, and Bama.

They don't have the miami mentality idgaf what u say. Their r not the dogs like al blades and ed reed. They don't go as hard in practice and compete. They just don't have the miami mentality which makes the u dominant

1, Ed reed from Louisiana
2, Georgia football is VERY competitive. I know personally, I played in it.
3, Georgia over the last 10 years put the most players in the sec

top ten class full of studs from south florida is equivalent top 5 class

3 stars here would be 4 stars elsewhere, etc.

Yep. Guys like lovon ponder, Charlie Jones etc. smh. Y'all need to get off this kick. South FL has bust too. What it comes down to is this... good/great coaches bring good/great players.

Advertisement
The article is dry hating. I wish the staff didn't participate. We are currently "hanging onto" our class??? It's like they are creating the narrative and atmosphere for flips down the road. Passive-aggressive
Came to write this. Wish the article and interviews would have gone in a different direction. Article's tone has a negative connotation and wish we wouldn't have to explain ourselves.

In fact, wish our tone would have been, "the past is just that; this is a new day and a new train we're building and the results speak for themselves. Now, **** off."

The article is dry hating. I wish the staff didn't participate. We are currently "hanging onto" our class??? It's like they are creating the narrative and atmosphere for flips down the road. Passive-aggressive
Came to write this. Wish the article and interviews would have gone in a different direction. Article's tone has a negative connotation and wish we wouldn't have to explain ourselves.

In fact, wish our tone would have been, "the past is just that; this is a new day and a new train we're building and the results speak for themselves. Now, **** off."

Agreed 100%. Richt got sucked in so far as to provide a worst case scenario record (2-4) that would almost justify recruit de-commitment. Whoever did this interview is a Grandmaster energy zapper.

Advertisement

It's called a trend. It's what we've been doing. So not sure what they're supposed to write if it's a fact

It's called a trend. It's what we've been doing. So not sure what they're supposed to write if it's a fact

There are numerous stories they could write about concerning our offseason and upcoming season. We also have re-established a positive trend of targeting and landing the best South Florida recruits. They could've explored how this trend has been re-ignited. The best and most relevant story out of UM is our current recruiting momentum, not yea yea, yall are barely hanging on and probably won't finish strong. Not to mention that this negative trend encompasses two different coaching staffs whose approach to recruiting are night and day.

Like it or not I think we're going to lose some of the guys who have committed. It's not anything against Richt- I just think that if a team has 18 commits in April, the odds are against them keeping all 18 commits. Pretty much regardless of who the coach is.

Anyway at least we aren't giving some guys their only FBS offer anymore like with Al.

Like it or not I think we're going to lose some of the guys who have committed. It's not anything against Richt- I just think that if a team has 18 commits in April, the odds are against them keeping all 18 commits. Pretty much regardless of who the coach is.

Anyway at least we aren't giving some guys their only FBS offer anymore like with Al.
Everyone loses guy, thing is people try to shape it in a way that it's only Miami who lose commitments. Fsu, Oklahoma and a whole bunch of others all have lost commits already from top rated guys.

Advertisement
We fuqin and I already know we winning a title during MR regime. This is all we had to do was recruit sfla like this.....Georgia doesn't have the talent we have

Wrong. GA does have the talent in the state and competes with no one in the state for Croots. The problem is a lot of kids want to leave the state and go to Auburn, Clemson, and Bama.

They don't have the miami mentality idgaf what u say. Their r not the dogs like al blades and ed reed. They don't go as hard in practice and compete. They just don't have the miami mentality which makes the u dominant

1, Ed reed from Louisiana
2, Georgia football is VERY competitive. I know personally, I played in it.
3, Georgia over the last 10 years put the most players in the sec

Ed reed was surrounded by miami guys. IK its competitive but they aren't miami dogs. Some come to miami in the glory days get surrounded by miami savages and become like that too.

Everyone loses guy, thing is people try to shape it in a way that it's only Miami who lose commitments. Fsu, Oklahoma and a whole bunch of others all have lost commits already from top rated guys.

Yup. Every school, including FSU, OSU, and even Alabama has a de-commitment here and there.

What counts is who you bring in. If we bring in 25+ studs this year, you don't worry about the one or two guys that flake.

If this is the case, which I have been told will be the case by many of my Nole and Gator co-workers, wouldn't we have still have a chance to have a #1 class? Barring an epic fail on the field I expect our recruiting to get even stronger. We could lose some guys in the secondary because we are stacked there. These people writing the articles act like Saban can sit back and wait until the last minute and get whoever he wants. We have already proved that theory wrong. This staff is doing it with strategy which is something we have been lacking. We keep hearing commits say things like Family, Academics, Richt is real and cares, I like the way the defense attacks....... These are all things we havent read or heard in several years. The jerkoffs write an article that we are holding on? GTFOH.

Advertisement
If there are players we’re looking for beyond Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County, they had better be beasts, the elite of the elite,” Doherty said. “Our strategy is, let’s go after the kids down here that take pride in this area, and take pride in this university. I think it is the total all-in commitment on recruiting players from South Florida and building this program with those players.

Hard to complain about a philosophy like that.

I could give 2 schits about the tone of the article. I'm just glad they are writing about us again!

When you're the :neonu: any pub is great pub!

No one has the plethora of talent dwelling in Florida

Win the frigging football games on the field. That is all that matters. If Mark had beat noles last year, hanging on to number one recruiting title would not be the topic of discussion today. Only Butch can recruit classes at Miami that do not need coaching. Mark need to coach offense a lot better than last year or he will not last. Anyone on the board want a truly good man as coach instead of a NC?

The big news is hitting at practice and letting qbs take wacks. That tells me Mark knows he has a problem. Now if he can figure out who the problem is, we will be okay, as long as he doesn't think it in a player.

We'll hold onto this class better than ESPN will hold onto their employees. I'm kind of enjoying ESPN's slow, irreversible decline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back