ESPN HC jobs with the most upside by conference

Advertisement
I think UM want to branch and soar in other areas in S. Florida, and actually in the whole state, insofar as UHealth and over all academic prowess.

UM feel that its other non-athletic areas are trending up and about to soar astronomically. They don't, right now, want these other areas to be supplanted by Football, and by the jock attention and worshiping Football attracts, and perhaps to even attract the kind of urban jocks that get into trouble right into their college years. During these years of mediocrity, UM Admins have been bragging about the high athletics graduation rate when conversing about athletics. Baseball has gone down during same period. And so has Track; a sport that used to attract the speediest Football players, if the top Football players. There's a reason why the dude who helped FSWho win in its NC game didn't come here; Kermit Whitfield wanted a viable Track program and UM no longer fields one with its de-emphasis of athletics. Will this lack of emphasis and priority in Athletics continue? Certainly, UM wants to rise higher and higher in non-Football and non-athletics endeavors.

Unfortunately, that academic ranking has been tied by UiF, and UM is not academically streaking/trending up as they once were. Can't say one can put a finger why UM Admin is specifically allowing UM Football slow crawl into mediocrity after being made known and clear that Golden is a bad game day coach. UM academia has peaked, since so many other fine colleges & universities are competing with UM for the top research dollars and for prestige. With UM stagnating at excellence (not racing upwards anymore) in academia and in UHealth, you'd think that Admin would feel and finally realize that UM Football can move the University mission closer to trending upwards with more of the best & brightest students coming in and matriculating at the U (because of winning Football), rather than getting mired in ties with them backward incestual freaks at UiF.

I sure hope all these moves with recruiting and hiring all these local guys with local recruiting backgrounds attract in the real UM type of ballas (not necessarily 5* guys) to bring back the U., either starting with this clown coach, or ultimately after the new real coach comes in after Golden is fired, and leaving behind some solid foundation (of good players); foundation that don't just materialize into an NFL farm system for NFL scouts & GMs, but a foundation that can also win on the field for the U.

What the idiots failed to realize is that the football program was the foundation for all that "other" success. It was the reason for the explosion in attendance, exposure and free advertisement that fed everything. Take Howard and company away and you are SunTan U again. Which is exactly where they are heading, only with a huge debt load legacy from Donna for UHealth. The ACC didn't need Miami for basketball or academics(it has other school better at both). It wanted another football powerhouse to tag team with Noles. The death blow will be when a frustrated ACC, being left behind by SEC Pac12 and B 10 for football $$$, Temple's Miami. No conference paycheck to subsidize the debt burden left by Donna and dwindling attendance.

This is EXACTLY what I expect to happen...and soon. We bring NOTHING to this conference at all. We just sponge off the success of FSU (football) and Duke and UNC (basketball). These BOT morons just don't seem to GET that they probably dump us for U Conn (basketball) or some other school with decent academics and an occasionally competitive football program. If Notre Dame ever fully joins the conference in football, we are buzzard meat.

The ACC brought us in for football, and The U brand. Both have been criminally squandered. We can argue about the wisdom of joining the ACC, as I'm sure the ACC is now regretting it's decision.

I'd bet that the Lamers would join fully the very year we get booted out.

The Board Of Garbage has no ******* idea what they're doing, or what The U's role was intended. We have become the doormats of the ACC.

This is EXACTLY what I expect to happen...and soon. We bring NOTHING to this conference at all. We just sponge off the success of FSU (football) and Duke and UNC (basketball). These BOT morons just don't seem to GET that they probably dump us for U Conn (basketball) or some other school with decent academics and an occasionally competitive football program. If Notre Dame ever fully joins the conference in football, we are buzzard meat.

The ACC will never, ever drop Miami.

I know people are down on the program right now, and rightfully so, but Miami is still more relevant and known than 99% of all other schools. Even at low points right like right now, Miami still has an incredibly strong national brand with excellent TV drawing power and that is what counts. And people will keep on watching Miami games because Miami is the bad guy and people love to watch the bad guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back