ESPN HC jobs with the most upside by conference

Advertisement
Just do not understand WHY this university, its admins, and BOT continue to accept, and indeed at times seem to encourage, the kind of athletic mediocrity that has existed at this school for over the last decade. How, especially in football, have they been so adept at hiring three of the cheapest, most inept and clueless coaching staffs I have ever seen anywhere at any Div 1 program. THESE CLOWNS ARE CHARITY CASES! The level of incompetence is just staggering. They have also kept a once good, but now over-the-hill baseball coach on when it is glaringly obvious he is no longer able to field a well-coached team. Basketball appears to be the exception, but the difference there is they have a decent coach who can't really offer much to top level recruits. The whole athletic department is just a disaster....and it clearly doesn't have to be this way, at least not to this level.

It is sickening.

Last edited:
I think UM want to branch and soar in other areas in S. Florida, and actually in the whole state, insofar as UHealth and over all academic prowess.

UM feel that its other non-athletic areas are trending up and about to soar astronomically. They don't, right now, want these other areas to be supplanted by Football, and by the jock attention and worshiping Football attracts, and perhaps to even attract the kind of urban jocks that get into trouble right into their college years. During these years of mediocrity, UM Admins have been bragging about the high athletics graduation rate when conversing about athletics. Baseball has gone down during same period. And so has Track; a sport that used to attract the speediest Football players, if the top Football players. There's a reason why the dude who helped FSWho win in its NC game didn't come here; Kermit Whitfield wanted a viable Track program and UM no longer fields one with its de-emphasis of athletics. Will this lack of emphasis and priority in Athletics continue? Certainly, UM wants to rise higher and higher in non-Football and non-athletics endeavors.

Unfortunately, that academic ranking has been tied by UiF, and UM is not academically streaking/trending up as they once were. Can't say one can put a finger why UM Admin is specifically allowing UM Football slow crawl into mediocrity after being made known and clear that Golden is a bad game day coach. UM academia has peaked, since so many other fine colleges & universities are competing with UM for the top research dollars and for prestige. With UM stagnating at excellence (not racing upwards anymore) in academia and in UHealth, you'd think that Admin would feel and finally realize that UM Football can move the University mission closer to trending upwards with more of the best & brightest students coming in and matriculating at the U (because of winning Football), rather than getting mired in ties with them backward incestual freaks at UiF.

I sure hope all these moves with recruiting and hiring all these local guys with local recruiting backgrounds attract in the real UM type of ballas (not necessarily 5* guys) to bring back the U., either starting with this clown coach, or ultimately after the new real coach comes in after Golden is fired, and leaving behind some solid foundation (of good players); foundation that don't just materialize into an NFL farm system for NFL scouts & GMs, but a foundation that can also win on the field for the U.

Last edited:
Just do not understand WHY this university, its admins, and BOT continue to accept, and indeed at times seem to encourage, the kind of athletic mediocrity that has existed at this school for over the last decade. How, especially in football, have they been so adept at hiring three of the cheapest, most inept and clueless coaching staffs I have ever seen anywhere at any Div 1 program. THESE CLOWNS ARE CHARITY CASES! The level of incompetence is just staggering. They have also kept a once good, but now over-the-hill baseball coach on when it is glaringly obvious he is no longer able to field a well-coached team. Basketball appears to be the exception, but the difference there is they have a decent coach who can't really offer much to top level recruits. The whole athletic department is just a disaster....and it clearly doesn't have to be this way, at least not to this level.

It is sickening.

Totally on point.

Advertisement
If you can actually coach football there is no better place in the country to be than The U.

It is sickening.
With Liberals its all about image.

I think UM want to branch and soar in other areas in S. Florida, and actually in the whole state, insofar as UHealth and over all academic prowess.

UM feel that its other non-athletic areas are trending up and about to soar astronomically. They don't, right now, want these other areas to be supplanted by Football, and by the jock attention and worshiping Football attracts, and perhaps to even attract the kind of urban jocks that get into trouble right into their college years. During these years of mediocrity, UM Admins have been bragging about the high athletics graduation rate when conversing about athletics. Baseball has gone down during same period. And so has Track; a sport that used to attract the speediest Football players, if the top Football players. There's a reason why the dude who helped FSWho win in its NC game didn't come here; Kermit Whitfield wanted a viable Track program and UM no longer fields one with its de-emphasis of athletics. Will this lack of emphasis and priority in Athletics continue? Certainly, UM wants to rise higher and higher in non-Football and non-athletics endeavors.

Unfortunately, that academic ranking has been tied by UiF, and UM is not academically streaking/trending up as they once were. Can't say one can put a finger why UM Admin is specifically allowing UM Football slow crawl into mediocrity after being made known and clear that Golden is a bad game day coach. UM academia has peaked, since so many other fine colleges & universities are competing with UM for the top research dollars and for prestige. With UM stagnating at excellence (not racing upwards anymore) in academia and in UHealth, you'd think that Admin would feel and finally realize that UM Football can move the University mission closer to trending upwards with more of the best & brightest students coming in and matriculating at the U (because of winning Football), rather than getting mired in ties with them backward incestual freaks at UiF.

I sure hope all these moves with recruiting and hiring all these local guys with local recruiting backgrounds attract in the real UM type of ballas (not necessarily 5* guys) to bring back the U., either starting with this clown coach, or ultimately after the new real coach comes in after Golden is fired, and leaving behind some solid foundation (of good players); foundation that don't just materialize into an NFL farm system for NFL scouts & GMs, but a foundation that can also win on the field for the U.

What the idiots failed to realize is that the football program was the foundation for all that "other" success. It was the reason for the explosion in attendance, exposure and free advertisement that fed everything. Take Howard and company away and you are SunTan U again. Which is exactly where they are heading, only with a huge debt load legacy from Donna for UHealth. The ACC didn't need Miami for basketball or academics(it has other school better at both). It wanted another football powerhouse to tag team with Noles. The death blow will be when a frustrated ACC, being left behind by SEC Pac12 and B 10 for football $$$, Temple's Miami. No conference paycheck to subsidize the debt burden left by Donna and dwindling attendance.

Advertisement
If you can actually coach football there is no better place in the country to be than The U.
Correct. It's like being a gold prospector and owning the richest mine in the world.

On top of that biggest advantage of all in recruiting turf, you have a fan base that clearly doesn't put pressure on coaches to achieve at a high level. SEC fans would have stuffed an apple in Folden's pig mouth and skewered him in a pit after the Louisville bowl disaster.

Few programs can step outside the front door and fall into a crystal blue pool of high-end FBS prospects as the Hurricanes can.

As a few have already mentioned, this is the primary reason why this program is a sleeping giant.

I still can't believe we had morons on this website claiming the Miami coaching job is undesirable. You idiots are too busy focusing on facilities, an off-campus stadium, and mean Twitter fans to acknowledge that plenty of coaches would walk on coals to be here. We won't land all of the blue-chippers, but we'll always get ours, and never be short on talent.

If you're competent and can maximize the strengths of your players, this is a place one can thrive.

Golden will lose this season. His defense will finish top 15 again bcuz he's going to slow the game down to not get exposed. He's doing everything right now just to make sure he and his boy can pick up defensive jobs after he is canned.

Advertisement
the funniest thing about it -- is that we slow the game down -- with the most explosive talent pool in the country ....

It is sickening.

This is the question that confounds me as well! You should strive to make your university the best at everything! Just consider the money that could be made that could fund other non revenue programs as one reason to bring in a pro staff.

I believe one big reason no coaching change was made is Donna's stepping down. A top tier coach will want to know who the new president is and their philosophy toward athletics. Without knowing that, the pool of interested coaches might be lessened. It would be like trying to recruit a CEO without knowing who the Board is.

Advertisement
I believe one big reason no coaching change was made is Donna's stepping down. A top tier coach will want to know who the new president is and their philosophy toward athletics. Without knowing that, the pool of interested coaches might be lessened. It would be like trying to recruit a CEO without knowing who the Board is.

Yeah. UF had a real problem when they were in this position.

Yeah. UF had a real problem when they were in this position.

our admin is full of liberal pussies

WTF are you even talking about?

You can have academic and athletic success. The athletic department lacks leadership. IMO it's more important that Blake James is fired at the end of this season than it is golden. A new AD that isn't a puppet is what we need first and foremost. Get a real AD and everything else falls into place.

Hopefully the new president understands how helpful a successful athletic department can be, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Advertisement
Back