ESPN gem for yall

George84

Freshman
Premium
Miami loses to Alabama and falls off a cliff: The Crimson Tide have not only beaten ACC teams badly in neutral-site openers since 2013, they've sucked the life out of them for the rest of the season. In four such openers against Virginia Tech (2013), Florida State (2017), Louisville (2018) and Duke (2019), the Tide won by an average of 29.5 points. The Seminoles were the only team that stayed within three touchdowns, losing 24-7 in Atlanta. Each of those four ACC teams went on to lose at least five games. With tricky nonconference games against Appalachian State and Michigan State coming next, the Hurricanes better not let the opener get out of hand.

Mike Norvell takes Florida State bowling again: After three straight losing seasons, including a 3-6 record in Novell's first campaign, the Seminoles should be much improved in Year 2. FSU might open the season playing two quarterbacks (UCF transfer McKenzie Milton and Jordan Travis), but Norvell figures to settle on one of them before too long. FSU went into the transfer portal often to shore up a defense that surrendered 36 points and 456.3 yards per game in 2020. Former Georgia linebacker Jermaine Johnson and South Carolina defensive lineman Keir Thomas should provide immediate help. The slate is difficult with nonconference games against Notre Dame and Florida and ACC crossover games against Miami and North Carolina. Legendary FSU coach Bobby Bowden liked where the program was headed under Norvell, and that should be good enough for all of us to believe.

Upset of the year: Florida State over Miami, Nov. 13

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...llege-football-power-5-conference-2021-season

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
maybe under golden. God every year we'd be great then lose to FSU then collapse,

different attitude and everything. we were fine after clemson last year until UNC whooped our *** and then okie state beat us with king tearing his acl other than that we'd have only lost 2

Advertisement
Miami loses to Alabama and falls off a cliff: The Crimson Tide have not only beaten ACC teams badly in neutral-site openers since 2013, they've sucked the life out of them for the rest of the season. In four such openers against Virginia Tech (2013), Florida State (2017), Louisville (2018) and Duke (2019), the Tide won by an average of 29.5 points. The Seminoles were the only team that stayed within three touchdowns, losing 24-7 in Atlanta. Each of those four ACC teams went on to lose at least five games. With tricky nonconference games against Appalachian State and Michigan State coming next, the Hurricanes better not let the opener get out of hand.

Mike Norvell takes Florida State bowling again: After three straight losing seasons, including a 3-6 record in Novell's first campaign, the Seminoles should be much improved in Year 2. FSU might open the season playing two quarterbacks (UCF transfer McKenzie Milton and Jordan Travis), but Norvell figures to settle on one of them before too long. FSU went into the transfer portal often to shore up a defense that surrendered 36 points and 456.3 yards per game in 2020. Former Georgia linebacker Jermaine Johnson and South Carolina defensive lineman Keir Thomas should provide immediate help. The slate is difficult with nonconference games against Notre Dame and Florida and ACC crossover games against Miami and North Carolina. Legendary FSU coach Bobby Bowden liked where the program was headed under Norvell, and that should be good enough for all of us to believe.

Upset of the year: Florida State over Miami, Nov. 13

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...llege-football-power-5-conference-2021-season
Well atleast they respect us enough to consider FSU beating us an upset of the year candidate.

Yawn.

We do this every year. What do you guys think generates clicks this time of year? You clicking on an article that says Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Oklahoma are going to the playoff? That generates zero interest.

It's hot take SZN. Have y'all never been alive for the lead up to a college football season before? This is how it goes. Make wild *** proclamations, and see what sticks to the wall. Who cares?

Advertisement
But some of our fans feel the same way. Lets get something clear. I figure we lose 31-21. And thats off our history under Diaz of not being prepared in the first quarter for this type of game. But there are also changes he has made that makes me have some confidence in the staff to change that and we can pull the upset. But this idea that they are gonna win just because they are Bama, its so dumb. Its a season opener. I don't care how many season openers Saban won. How many did he win with an inexperienced QB, as in a FR, with a new OC and basically the whole offensive production gone. How many?

Advertisement
OMG I love it.

The fact that so many here think that this isn't even remotely possible makes a tiny part of me want FSU to beat us.

Now don't go get it twisted saying I'm a FSU fan blah blah blah.

All I'm saying is try and have a little objectivity, there are many determining factors that go into the outcome of a football game to be played in November

OMG I love it.

The fact that so many here think that this isn't even remotely possible makes a tiny part of me want FSU to beat us.

Now don't go get it twisted saying I'm a FSU fan blah blah blah.

All I'm saying is try and have a little objectivity, there are many determining factors that go into the outcome of a football game to be played in November
For some reason as I read this, I heard the voices of Richard Simmons and/or Tom from Project Runway reciting it.

Advertisement
Back