ESPN gaming the system to win Emmys

Advertisement
Exactly. People that follow sports religiously get screwed because they dumb down the product to get viewers from different demographics. Also, I think that the people that work for them have felt bullet proof for so long that they can just say whatever is on their mind, and the network has become a media outlet for a political agenda. The pushback has left them shocked and awed and they don't know what to do as their product is dying.

Just like with anything else, DEI ends up D-E-A-D because it doesn't reward being great. People want greatness. The product is not that, and that's why it's dying.
I thought ESPN's character assassination of Kyrie Irving and Aaron Rodgers over the whole vaccine thing was disgraceful. I would describe myself as a "lefty" in most respects, but I'm consistent. If I am going to defend the right to an abortion based on "my body, my choice", how can I condone forcing another person to have something injected into their body?

I thought ESPN's character assassination of Kyrie Irving and Aaron Rodgers over the whole vaccine thing was disgraceful. I would describe myself as a "lefty" in most respects, but I'm consistent. If I am going to defend the right to an abortion based on "my body, my choice", how can I condone forcing another person to have something injected into their body?
Djokovic took a beating as well, particularly from the View. Not necessarily a left/right thing, but group think and lack of tolerance has definitely played a part in trying to ruin people. Cancel culture being promoted by political machines is no good for anyone.

I know baseball popularity is very low, but the MLB Network is by far the best sports network there is.
NHL has a pretty good product too for what it is and hockey's popularity rank among other professional leagues. Their broadcast on-camera personalities have often played the sport they are covering--unlike ESPN which just puts dudes on camera who say **** just to get attention.

Having a MadDog screaming about something or Stephen-A with some horrible take ain't it. Same with Finebuum. There are just too many of these corny garbage overpaid actors to be tuned in for any length of time.

Advertisement
NHL has a pretty good product too for what it is and hockey's popularity rank among other professional leagues. Their broadcast on-camera personalities have often played the sport they are covering--unlike ESPN which just puts dudes on camera who say **** just to get attention.

Having a MadDog screaming about something or Stephen-A with some horrible take ain't it. Same with Finebuum. There are just too many of these corny garbage overpaid actors to be tuned in for any length of time.
I’m not familiar with the NHL Network. I watch the games but not anything else. I don’t like the TNT and ESPN hockey guys.

The hot take radio guys moving to tv is for politics. I think sports networks made a huge mistake trying to copy that model. To me they were looking for a shortcut bc of the lack of on air talent and they were hoping they’d bring their radio audience with them.

Who Cares GIF by Judge Judy

Advertisement
Back