ESPN Bubble Watch

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
Miami [19-8 (9-6), RPI: 44, SOS: 69] If you think 48 points in 45 minutes of basketball is bad -- and, make no mistake, it is -- consider that Miami and Virginia traded 62 possessions in Charlottesville on Monday night. The Cavaliers averaged .78. Just sitting at a desk and finishing the broadcast took a significant toll on Bubble Watch HQ. Morale has never been so low. For Miami, though, the disaster was beautiful: The Hurricanes struck at an opportune moment -- Virginia appears to have stranded its offense somewhere deep in Shenandoah -- and got a marquee road win that will look even better on Selection Sunday after the immediate context has faded. Plus, Miami's last three regular-season games come against Duke at home, then at Virginia Tech and Florida State. There are no bad losses to worry about there, and a couple of big chances to boot. The Canes should get in.

As of 2/21 Bubble Watch has Ville, UNC, Duke, FSU, UVA and ND as locks. VT and Miami (FL) are noted as "should be in."

Advertisement
Our RPI is 37, so they can **** their own faces. Right now, we are nowhere near the ******* bubble either. Last night Lunardi had us a 9 and UVa a 5. I'd imagine, while we might not have flipped, we'd be closer to a 7 and UVa closer to a 9 today. Bubble is a 11.

When Lunardi was interviewed during the game he made it like he feels we are comfortably in and how it's more about us having an opportunity to win some big games and advance our seeding. Then we beat UVA. After the game they had him on and he said we will probably be moved to an 8 seed. I still don't think we are a lock. Even though it was great to hear Lunardi talk like we were in before we won, we've been screwed before and I want to enjoy selection Sunday. Let's beat Duke on Saturday and then there will be absolutely nothing to worry about and then we can focus on trying to steal another game for seeding.

Advertisement
When Lunardi was interviewed during the game he made it like he feels we are comfortably in and how it's more about us having an opportunity to win some big games and advance our seeding. Then we beat UVA. After the game they had him on and he said we will probably be moved to an 8 seed. I still don't think we are a lock. Even though it was great to hear Lunardi talk like we were in before we won, we've been screwed before and I want to enjoy selection Sunday. Let's beat Duke on Saturday and then there will be absolutely nothing to worry about and then we can focus on trying to steal another game for seeding.

When we missed the tourney in 2012, only 5 ACC teams made it. Our RPI was also 71 (after the NIT), so it couldn't have been much better on selection Sunday (I think it was 55 or 57). In 2015 when we went to the NIT Finals, 6 ACC teams made it. Our RPI was 62 (according to ESPN) on selection Sunday. Right now our RPI is 37, 9-10 teams will make the NCAAT, and even if we lose out, we're playing the 11, 12 and 36 RPI teams.

Advertisement
We are NOT on any bubble at all. You can watch it all day long and maybe the bubble will turn to FLUBBER. THE CANES ARE IN THE NCAA TOURNEY and Coach L has more dancing episodes are the horizon.

When we missed the tourney in 2012, only 5 ACC teams made it. Our RPI was also 71 (after the NIT), so it couldn't have been much better on selection Sunday (I think it was 55 or 57). In 2015 when we went to the NIT Finals, 6 ACC teams made it. Our RPI was 62 (according to ESPN) on selection Sunday. Right now our RPI is 37, 9-10 teams will make the NCAAT, and even if we lose out, we're playing the 11, 12 and 36 RPI teams.

In my humble opinion...2015 was the biggest ***** job ever. We can go back and look at our posts...OK St. and Ol' Miss made the tourney over UM. We had 21 wins including a blowout at eventual National Champion Duke and were screwed. Let that sink in...21 wins coming out of the ACC.

My biggest fear is that they go 1-2 in the final 3 games and lose early in the ACC Tourney and the same thing happens again.

Advertisement

In my humble opinion...2015 was the biggest ***** job ever. We can go back and look at our posts...OK St. and Ol' Miss made the tourney over UM. We had 21 wins including a blowout at eventual National Champion Duke and were screwed. Let that sink in...21 wins coming out of the ACC.

My biggest fear is that they go 1-2 in the final 3 games and lose early in the ACC Tourney and the same thing happens again.

'85, thanks for that information. It gives a good perspective on how this year is different compared to then. I know we deserve to be in but I just don't trust the committee. Scotty, we win one more regular season game and we are a lock. That would be another top 50 RPI win and would guarantee us being over .500 in ACC play. You have ACC teams on the bubble who will finish under .500 in ACC play this season.

I think we need to win 1 of the 3. We lose those 3, and our first round ACC game and we'll be out. After the game, I thought we punched the ticket, but we can't lose 4 in a row to end the season. We probably make it with 3 losses as long as we win some games in the tourney.

Advertisement
How is uva a lock at this point?

Exactly... Ken Pom them 20 spots higher than UM in his ratings. WTF?

For argument's sake...UVA is 6-7 vs. RPI top 50 (Miami (FL) is 3-7), UVA also has the 5th ranked SOS, including 2 wins against 3 RPI Ville.

They've also lost 4 in a row while we've won 6 of 8 (or is it 7 of 9) and won on their homecourt without our second leading scorer.

Computers don't care about what players are missing. Computers also don't care about streaks.

How is uva a lock at this point?

Exactly... Ken Pom them 20 spots higher than UM in his ratings. WTF?

For argument's sake...UVA is 6-7 vs. RPI top 50 (Miami (FL) is 3-7), UVA also has the 5th ranked SOS, including 2 wins against 3 RPI Ville.

They've also lost 4 in a row while we've won 6 of 8 (or is it 7 of 9) and won on their homecourt without our second leading scorer.

Computers don't care about what players are missing. Computers also don't care about streaks.

Losing 4 in a row including a home loss to UM...and they are 20 spots higher than UM... and UM is a game better in the overall and league standings??? 20 spots? Something's not quite right. UM is at 29...fine...but UVa at 9?

I know the selection committee looks at the last 5 and 10 games when seeding.

Advertisement
Back