ESPN Bubble Watch

Exactly... Ken Pom them 20 spots higher than UM in his ratings. WTF?

For argument's sake...UVA is 6-7 vs. RPI top 50 (Miami (FL) is 3-7), UVA also has the 5th ranked SOS, including 2 wins against 3 RPI Ville.

They've also lost 4 in a row while we've won 6 of 8 (or is it 7 of 9) and won on their homecourt without our second leading scorer.

Computers don't care about what players are missing. Computers also don't care about streaks.

Losing 4 in a row including a home loss to UM...and they are 20 spots higher than UM... and UM is a game better in the overall and league standings??? 20 spots? Something's not quite right. UM is at 29...fine...but UVa at 9?

I know the selection committee looks at the last 5 and 10 games when seeding.

It's a statistical algorithm. Complaining about Kenpom ranking is like complaining about water being wet.

Advertisement
Say what you want we lose these last 3 and go 0-1 or 1-1 in the tourney we are not a lock at all. We need 2 win 2out of 3 to lock it up.

Say what you want we lose these last 3 and go 0-1 or 1-1 in the tourney we are not a lock at all. We need 2 win 2out of 3 to lock it up.

Posts like these show how little you actually pay attention to college basketball.

I think that the point is that they do not want to leave it in the hands of the committee. Do not give them a reason to ***** this team again.

2011-12 19-12...9-7 ACC...Wins over Duke and Florida St. -no tourney

2012-13 Only team to win the regular season and ACC tourney champioships not to be a #1 seed

2014-15 21-12...10-8 ACC...biggest ***** job ever.

Posts like these show how little you actually pay attention to college basketball.

I think that the point is that they do not want to leave it in the hands of the committee. Do not give them a reason to ***** this team again.

2011-12 19-12...9-7 ACC...Wins over Duke and Florida St. -no tourney

2012-13 Only team to win the regular season and ACC tourney champioships not to be a #1 seed

2014-15 21-12...10-8 ACC...biggest ***** job ever.

The '15 ***** was the first thing I thought of when I read this. NCSU over us.
Losing and finishing 9-9 with a 1st round loss can keep us out.

We need a win

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back