ESPN article about game......

B.B.B

Oh wait.....
Miami ready for Cincinnati QB Hayden Moore despite depleted secondary - ACC Blog - ESPN

Cincinnati broke six offensive school records last week, and the Bearcats did it with their backup quarterback playing the first meaningful minutes of his career.

Redshirt freshman Hayden Moore, who came in for the injured Gunner Kiel late in the first quarter, threw for 557 yards last week in a 53-46 loss at Memphis. It was the most passing yards in Cincinnati and AAC history.

"I don’t think I’ve ever seen a performance like that from a kid who’s never played," Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville said.

On Thursday, Moore will make his first career start, and it comes against a Miami pass defense that will be without two key safeties in the first half. Starter Deon Bush and key contributor Jamal Carter were ejected for targeting in the second half against Nebraska, which means both will sit out the first half Thursday against the Bearcats.

Miami said the losses of Bush and Carter won’t cause any reshuffling in the defensive backfield, however. Instead, true freshman Jaquan Johnson and redshirt junior Quincy Casimir will fill in at safety for Bush and Carter, who were listed as co-starters at one safety spot on the Canes’ depth chart.

"Jaquan is going to be real good. He came in the spring and has been working hard, good tackler," junior cornerback Artie Burns said. "Quincy just loves football. Those two back there, I have faith in both of them."

Dallas Crawford, the other listed starter at safety, said Casimire and Johnson have not had many mental mistakes despite the limited playing time. The two have blended well with the starting secondary, Crawford said, and they fit in with the group’s mentality when it comes to forcing turnovers.

The Hurricanes are second nationally in interceptions per game (2.33) and turnover margin (plus-8).

Miami isn’t coming off its best defensive performance either, blowing a 23-point lead in the fourth quarter to Nebraska two weeks ago. The Cornhuskers racked up 309 passing yards, and Moore nearly doubled that total in three quarters.

"He’s really good, strong arm, gives his receivers a chance, trusts his arm," Crawford said. "It’ll be a great test."

Linebacker Raphael Kirby said the limited film on Moore isn’t an issue. He said it is more important for the Hurricanes to understand the Bearcats’ route combinations, which should remain intact despite the quarterback change.

Though Burns countered that there could be some difficulty in preparing for a quarterback that does not have much film, Moore didn’t fit that category after throwing the ball 53 times against Memphis last week. Burns said that was enough to glean some pivotal information.

"The time he did play, he showed a couple things, couple tendencies in the game," Burns said. "I picked up on a couple things."

Advertisement
WHO THE **** IS QUINCY CASIMIR?????

is this a troll job by the players? Or did the ****head writer just confuse him with Jenkins?

Advertisement
Advertisement
R. Jenkins is a beast. He has huge upside. If he's not playing this week I'm gonna be ****ed

Is Safety Rashawn Jenkins hurt, suspended, or in Golden doghouse?

None of the above. Bush and Carter are out for the 1st half. Carter was Bush's backup in that safety spot. Crawford is the starter in the other spot and splits time with Jenkins. Jaquan Johnson and Casimir are the #3 and 4 behind Bush and Carter for that safety spot. Jenkins will get plenty of playing time, just as he has been.

Advertisement
Is Safety Rashawn Jenkins hurt, suspended, or in Golden doghouse?

None of the above. Bush and Carter are out for the 1st half. Carter was Bush's backup in that safety spot. Crawford is the starter in the other spot and splits time with Jenkins. Jaquan Johnson and Casimir are the #3 and 4 behind Bush and Carter for that safety spot. Jenkins will get plenty of playing time, just as he has been.

He should be starting since bush and carter are out

No JJ & this unknown quincy co-start...these numbnuts have to rotate positions at safety. Gotta stay fresh like the DL. I'm so f'in done with this staff. Hey I have a good idea....lets rotate one of the best QBs in college

Advertisement
I look forward to seeing a lot of deep routes attacking JJ and the coal shoveler. This def gone be a shootout

No JJ & this unknown quincy co-start...these numbnuts have to rotate positions at safety. Gotta stay fresh like the DL. I'm so f'in done with this staff. Hey I have a good idea....lets rotate one of the best QBs in college
Golden is just playing chess on these checkers playing fools. Now the Cinci staff is going to have to game plan for a walk on in addition to the former 4 time all dade player.

Having such a high IQ football staff is paying off in spades.

Advertisement
Back