ESPN Article About FSU and UF Sucking...but of course had to take a shot at UM.

Mikeiavelli

F the gaytors
ESPN - Adelson Article

So she does rip into FSU and UF pretty good, which is very easy to do right now...not exactly a tough piece to write.

But, then at the end she says that UCF is the "undisputed king of Florida." What do you guys think of this? Yes, we lost to LSU, and that was on us. And there are some serious question marks with our team. But to throw in that we showed "serious deficiencies" while "getting pushed around by LSU" in an article about the struggles at the other two schools is lame. I don't think we are anywhere near the dumpster fire level that FSU and UF are at right now. Then for her to go on and say UCF is better than us, debate closed, is a little over the top.

Advertisement
ESPN - Adelson Article

So she does rip into FSU and UF pretty good, which is very easy to do right now...not exactly a tough piece to write.

But, then at the end she says that UCF is the "undisputed king of Florida." What do you guys think of this? Yes, we lost to LSU, and that was on us. And there are some serious question marks with our team. But to throw in that we showed "serious deficiencies" while "getting pushed around by LSU" in an article about the struggles at the other two schools is lame. I don't think we are anywhere near the dumpster fire level that FSU and UF are at right now. Then for her to go on and say UCF is better than us, debate closed, is a little over the top.
You can't handle the truth.

Interesting piece is when she states the last viable quarterback for UF was Tebow, what about Will Grier who is currently leading WV and a top candidate for the Heisman, that UF let transfer. Understand he was suspended, but, the coach (MacTooth) let him go and treated him as a second rate player.

Adelson is correct going back last 6 games for the teams.

Her narrative will continue to be accurate until Miami proves otherwise, game after game.

When does that squad emerge and do so?

Advertisement
Looking through my cane shades,.. This lady's wack!!

Reality check!..
When I take off my shades, I saw us get taken to the woodshed in texas!!
Sure, we beat the brakes off SSCS..(savanna state cheerleader squadron), but what does that say us, exactly?

All us fans are homers, to some extend or other! Are we better than the article portrays? I think so
Are we better than our current ranking? Again, I think so.
Have we earned anyone's respect this season so far? I don't think so either!!

She mentions issues with QB and OL with both of them, and I would argue we have the exact same issues.

Until we do something meaningful, anybody can say anything negative about us and all we can do is shrug our shoulders. It is what it is.

It's the corollary to "if you don't want us dancing, keep us out the endzone". If you don't want people talking trash about you, don't play like trash.

It's time to humble ourselves, as players, coaches, and fans, and to go grind, find creative solutions to problems, and earn respect. Not by talking trash, or saying quotes about "adversity" and "bandwagons", but by action.

Advertisement
While I recognize that ESPN is bias against us, the article is fair. I was at the game and we have the same issues that we had a week ago. The score was able to hide the same deficiencies of the LSU game because we played a really bad team.

Our running backs could not get anything going in the first half just like a week ago because the line could not overpower a division 2 defense. The running game got going in the second half but I'm not sure if it had to do more with their defense getting tired or us making adjustments.

We still have QB issues. Rosier was inaccurate for most time he played, except the pass to Thomas, our receivers have to make acrobatic catches and therefore we have few completions were they are able to extend the play beyond the completion. The other QB showed their inexperience as well, JW was the most accurate and talented in my opinion but I'm no expert so I have to trust the coaches judgment that they are not ready.

Feagles was horrible again, his average was help by the one punt that was about 30 yards but rolled another 20 yards. the second string punter was not any better. I thought MR should had taken the uniform from Feagles and give to the SSU punter after the game so he could punt next game.

On the brighter side, our receivers, tight end and running backs are very good, specially Thomas (he is something else); our defense is also very good and should keep us in every game.

That game meant NOTHING. This is not a very good team right now.

On the plus side, getting average to above average QB play, somehow, some way, would change that quickly.

Continuing to do the same things, and somehow expecting a different result, however, is not the way to achieve improvement. Unfortunately, that is what I expect from this coaching staff right now.

I really hope I am wrong.

ESPN - Adelson Article

She should get her *** back in the kitchen where she belongs

Advertisement
Miami would not have beaten Auburn in that bowl game last year. Deal with it.

A solid win over a FCS doesn't solve our problems. Toledo will be a challenge.They were last year. New QB but decent returning players. Not sure what we are going to learn about this team the next month. A MAC school, FIU, UNC and FSU. Just win these games and improve.

We're better than UCF but we just got off a 4 game losing streak and they haven't lost in nearly two calendar years.

Can't really argue at the moment until we run the table and re establish ourselves

Advertisement
Let the season unfold and see how it goes, for now based on recent games, it's hard to argue with it, albeit not true

She should get her *** back in the kitchen where she belongs

Bet you have a great relationship with the female gender. You better learn to do your own cooking 'cause no female in their right mind would cook for you.

All 3 teams are 1-1, with wins against FCS schools with maybe 63 scholarship players. I agree that all have QB and Oline issues that need to be resolved.

Advertisement
Back