ESPN 30-30 Catholics vs Convicts

If you want just ONE example of how pathetic the ND players and fans are...

They got FIRED UP by Lou Holtz telling them to "save Jimmy Johnson for him". As if that tiny midget troll would do anything to JJ. ****, Jimmy Johnson could have let Holtz hit him as hard as he could in the face, and it wouldn't even mess up JJ's hair.

Oh, but sure, some lisping, slobbering midget got everyone fired up by claiming that he wanted to go head-to-head with JJ. Sheer insanity.

Advertisement
**** watching that.

The whole convicts thing is the most racist **** even back then let alone today, won’t support It once. They are the ones that basically started calling Miami thugs too which while Miami may wear as a badge is not ok for others to be using. It’s crap.

Fun facts:
miami had more Catholics on that team than Notre Dame did.

Notre Dame had more arrested players on that team than Miami.

you want to learn why people like me hate them more than anyone, just ask, look at old articles, listen to Randall Hill, watch YouTube, or see the racist Notre Dame tweets today even from priests.

I hope they ****ing burn.

oh yeah **** Chris Fowler too for showing that shirt at end of Miami VT game. Game didn’t need the extra hype.

I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but the actual documentary (which was made by Notre Dame alumni) shows what a racist institution ND was and how the entire convict thing was a dog whistle. This isn't implied either. It is SHOWN.

I think alot of Canes fans just dismissed this one off the name alone, but it's worth a watch. Yeah, it's a slob fest to Lou Holtz at times, but at no point does it denigrate the Miami program (if anything, they go out of their way to highlight that we were anything BUT convicts) and it's an interesting look at the double standard of crime in America as it relates to race by showing the real criminals were the ND students who made the T-Shirts in the first place (guilty of all kind of IP theft).

Trust me, no one hates the Domers more than me and this 30 for 30 does them no favors. It also features one of the best Jimmy Johnson interviews I've seen where he talks about why he runs up the score. It's definitely worth your time.

The point of the 30 for 30 was for nutre lame to distance itself form the racist over tones. As I said revisionist's history.

I'm not sure how anyone can watch those Tony Rice segments and not think ND was not a racist place. I wouldn't say they were trying to distance themselves as they justify or defend it one way or another. They make it pretty clear the Convict tag was racial. Just like with the Fab Five and UNLV 30 for 30's. It's not revisionist to show players being called the N word. I was kind of surprised they even included that kind of stuff as I thought it would be a ND suckfest (which it was only half of).

And once more, there isn't a single portion of this 30 for 30 where they trash The U. They were extremely respectful to us. Just calling it how it is.

I wouldn't say respectful,especially given some of the former player's comments, but they did feature/mention:
-How Holtz wanted to be at Miami's level
-our '87 Natty.
-our blowout of #1 FSU in '88
-our comeback game vs Michigan
-the beatdown we put on them in '89
-our '89 Natty.

We can always take pleasure in seeing ND's only national championship in 40 years being bookended by our 2 in '87 and '89.

**** watching that.

The whole convicts thing is the most racist **** even back then let alone today, won’t support It once. They are the ones that basically started calling Miami thugs too which while Miami may wear as a badge is not ok for others to be using. It’s crap.

Fun facts:

you want to learn why people like me hate them more than anyone, just ask, look at old articles, listen to Randall Hill, watch YouTube, or see the racist Notre Dame tweets today even from priests.

oh yeah **** Chris Fowler too for showing that shirt at end of Miami VT game. Game didn’t need the extra hype.

I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but the actual documentary (which was made by Notre Dame alumni) shows what a racist institution ND was and how the entire convict thing was a dog whistle. This isn't implied either. It is SHOWN.

I think alot of Canes fans just dismissed this one off the name alone, but it's worth a watch. Yeah, it's a slob fest to Lou Holtz at times, but at no point does it denigrate the Miami program (if anything, they go out of their way to highlight that we were anything BUT convicts) and it's an interesting look at the double standard of crime in America as it relates to race by showing the real criminals were the ND students who made the T-Shirts in the first place (guilty of all kind of IP theft).

Trust me, no one hates the Domers more than me and this 30 for 30 does them no favors. It also features one of the best Jimmy Johnson interviews I've seen where he talks about why he runs up the score. It's definitely worth your time.

Sign idea for one of the students on Saturday

Advertisement
Honestly one of the worst ESPN 30 for 30's.

I was really excited to watch it when it came out because I thought it was going to be literally just about the Miami-ND rivalry. But those ****ers literally made a documentary about a ******* shirt that was straight up offensive to our players and copyright infringement. Like I couldn't give a **** about the people slanging shirts on/off campus and all that bs. Like seriously they could have easily made such a good 30 for 30 if they just did it on the late 80's rivalry between Miami and ND, but no they had to make a 40min doc about a ******* shirt with a few mins thrown in about the two schools. So retarded.

I tried watching this once but didn't make it through, and I love 30 for 30's. Just ****ed me off really.

**** watching that.

Fun facts:

The point of the 30 for 30 was for nutre lame to distance itself form the racist over tones. As I said revisionist's history.

I'm not sure how anyone can watch those Tony Rice segments and not think ND was not a racist place. I wouldn't say they were trying to distance themselves as they justify or defend it one way or another. They make it pretty clear the Convict tag was racial. Just like with the Fab Five and UNLV 30 for 30's. It's not revisionist to show players being called the N word. I was kind of surprised they even included that kind of stuff as I thought it would be a ND suckfest (which it was only half of).

And once more, there isn't a single portion of this 30 for 30 where they trash The U. They were extremely respectful to us. Just calling it how it is.

I wouldn't say respectful,especially given some of the former player's comments, but they did feature/mention:
-our '87 Natty.
-our blowout of #1 FSU in '88
-our '89 Natty.

We can always take pleasure in seeing ND's only national championship in 40 years being bookended by our 2 in '87 and '89.

Actually stolen in one of the worst calls of all time. Was Gary short? Was it a fumble? They had no clue and the head referee admitted so after the game. He also admitted they blew the call. Notre Dame ducked Miami. Should have been an automatic rematch in the Fiesta Bowl instead playing an inflated West Virginia team that literally beat one good team, Syracuse. Miami gets the rematch on a neutral field and they embarrass Notre Dame.

Advertisement
sucks as a documentary and this thread should be deleted. If you liked it your likely not a real cane fan at all.

Oh ya im catholic

-our '87 Natty.
-our blowout of [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] FSU in '88
-our '89 Natty.

Actually stolen in one of the worst calls of all time. Was Gary short? Was it a fumble? They had no clue and the head referee admitted so after the game. He also admitted they blew the call. Notre Dame ducked Miami. Should have been an automatic rematch in the Fiesta Bowl instead playing an inflated West Virginia team that literally beat one good team, Syracuse. Miami gets the rematch on a neutral field and they embarrass Notre Dame.

Boo Hoo Lou kept saying "why should we play Miami, we already beat them".
Yeah, right. By one point, at your place Lou.
We had 7 turnovers and still had a chance to win it in the end.

They wanted no part of Miami on a neutral field.

If there were a playoff committee back then, they would have scoffed at WVU's schedule compared to Miami.
Miami played these teams (rankings in the FINAL polls):

#1 ND
(Miami was at #2 )
#3 FSU
#4 Michigan
#1 0 Nebraska
#1 2 Arkansas
#1 9 LSU

Has a team that finished 2nd in the country ever played the 3 best teams in the country? or 5 top-12 teams?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back