ESPN 30-30 Catholics vs Convicts

caneworld

Junior
I am not sure if anyone got to watch the "ESPN 30-30 Catholics vs Convicts" last night. Definitely worth watching for those who are too young to know the HATE between ND and the U.

The "holier than thou" Irish attitude, the fumble at South Bend ... just brought back angry memories hidden for years

Steve Walsh has ice cold blood running thru his veins ......

Interesting perspective on how much JJ despised Lou Holtz.
Back in the day, they gave the Arkansas HC job unfairly to Holtz instead of JJ. JJ had given his blood and sweat to that school as an assistant and was widely thought to be the deserving person. Lou then offered the DC job to JJ, who in turn told him to go to ****....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Very good 30 For 30. It's very Notre Dame friendly/biased (as it should be) but still a great watch.

**** watching that.

The whole convicts thing is the most racist **** even back then let alone today, won’t support It once. They are the ones that basically started calling Miami thugs too which while Miami may wear as a badge is not ok for others to be using. It’s crap.

Fun facts:
miami had more Catholics on that team than Notre Dame did.

Notre Dame had more arrested players on that team than Miami.

you want to learn why people like me hate them more than anyone, just ask, look at old articles, listen to Randall Hill, watch YouTube, or see the racist Notre Dame tweets today even from priests.

I hope they ******* burn.

oh yeah **** Chris Fowler too for showing that shirt at end of Miami VT game. Game didn’t need the extra hype.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought it was not entertaining. A kid made t shirts and made a few thousand dollars. Boring. I thought it was the worst 30 for 30. I'm biased, but everyone I speak to about it says Miami's 30 for 30s are by far th best

**** watching that.

The whole convicts thing is the most racist **** even back then let alone today, won’t support It once. They are the ones that basically started calling Miami thugs too which while Miami may wear as a badge is not ok for others to be using. It’s crap.

Fun facts:

you want to learn why people like me hate them more than anyone, just ask, look at old articles, listen to Randall Hill, watch YouTube, or see the racist Notre Dame tweets today even from priests.

I hope they ****ing burn.

oh yeah **** Chris Fowler too for showing that shirt at end of Miami VT game. Game didn’t need the extra hype.

I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but the actual documentary (which was made by Notre Dame alumni) shows what a racist institution ND was and how the entire convict thing was a dog whistle. This isn't implied either. It is SHOWN.

I think alot of Canes fans just dismissed this one off the name alone, but it's worth a watch. Yeah, it's a slob fest to Lou Holtz at times, but at no point does it denigrate the Miami program (if anything, they go out of their way to highlight that we were anything BUT convicts) and it's an interesting look at the double standard of crime in America as it relates to race by showing the real criminals were the ND students who made the T-Shirts in the first place (guilty of all kind of IP theft).

Trust me, no one hates the Domers more than me and this 30 for 30 does them no favors. It also features one of the best Jimmy Johnson interviews I've seen where he talks about why he runs up the score. It's definitely worth your time.

Straight racist garbage. That 30 for 30 was a ******* disgrace... ******* puff piece for Notre Dame & their holier-than-thou bull****.

Advertisement
**** watching that.

Fun facts:

I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but the actual documentary (which was made by Notre Dame alumni) shows what a racist institution ND was and how the entire convict thing was a dog whistle. This isn't implied either. It is SHOWN.

I think alot of Canes fans just dismissed this one off the name alone, but it's worth a watch. Yeah, it's a slob fest to Lou Holtz at times, but at no point does it denigrate the Miami program (if anything, they go out of their way to highlight that we were anything BUT convicts) and it's an interesting look at the double standard of crime in America as it relates to race by showing the real criminals were the ND students who made the T-Shirts in the first place (guilty of all kind of IP theft).

Trust me, no one hates the Domers more than me and this 30 for 30 does them no favors. It also features one of the best Jimmy Johnson interviews I've seen where he talks about why he runs up the score. It's definitely worth your time.

The point of the 30 for 30 was for nutre lame to distance itself form the racist over tones. As I said revisionist's history.

**** watching that.

Fun facts:

The point of the 30 for 30 was for nutre lame to distance itself form the racist over tones. As I said revisionist's history.

I'm not sure how anyone can watch those Tony Rice segments and not think ND was not a racist place. I wouldn't say they were trying to distance themselves as they justify or defend it one way or another. They make it pretty clear the Convict tag was racial. Just like with the Fab Five and UNLV 30 for 30's. It's not revisionist to show players being called the N word. I was kind of surprised they even included that kind of stuff as I thought it would be a ND suckfest (which it was only half of).

And once more, there isn't a single portion of this 30 for 30 where they trash The U. They were extremely respectful to us. Just calling it how it is.

Last edited:
**** watching that.

Fun facts:

I'm not sure how anyone can watch those Tony Rice segments and not think ND was not a racist place. I wouldn't say they were trying to distance themselves as they justify or defend it one way or another. They make it pretty clear the Convict tag was racial. Just like with the Fab Five and UNLV 30 for 30's. It's not revisionist to show players being called the N word. I was kind of surprised they even included that kind of stuff as I thought it would be a ND suckfest (which it was only half of).

And once more, there isn't a single portion of this 30 for 30 where they trash The U. They were extremely respectful to us. Just calling it how it is.

I agree with you. But it was subtle. Suggesting the admin had no idea and that it was some rouge students. Yet broadcasters, like muffberger had the t shirt. And I'm sure he bought the shirt from some student.

No, they weren't overtly trying to bash the U, that would have been too obvious. Need a little honey with the vinegar. But we can't have the image of an institution with "higher standards" soiled.

Advertisement
The CvC thing must do wonders for Domer recruiting (sarcasm!) and school reputation....I'm sure it makes non-white student/athletes feel warmly welcome, right at home...It would be like having ESPN perpetually run a promotional video for LSU, featuring David Duke as an esteemed graduate.

**** watching that.

Fun facts:

cool, they throw a dog a bone wrapped around 90minutes or whatever of overt built in racism.

Advertisement
Back