ESPN’s Top Heisman Trophy contenders for 2022 college football season

I truly believe he’ll have more options next season and be in a better position to succeed. He’ll have Don back and Rooster will be utilized more in the passing game. He’s going to thrive
Oh yeah my man not suggesting anything negative here but it was pretty clear what Rambo especially did for TVD

Their connection in a short time was special

Really excited to see spring and summer to see who emerges as his new go-to

Advertisement
I want high IQ QBs with a good enough arm to get the job done. WAY too much emphasis has been put on mobility. Unless you're Brad Kaaya, or in a wheel chair, the odds are you can move just enough to avoid some pressure or pick up 5-6 yards on a busted play. IQ, arm, and ability to see the field. Those are my three keys for a QB.
Chip Kelly is meh but nearly ten years ago Mick Vick was injured and couldn’t play. Chip started Nick Foles and everyone thought that would be the kiss of death for Chip’s offense.

Chip replied, “The thing with Nick is, he may not be fleet of foot, but he’s fleet of mind.”

Lot of truth in those words. Foles thru 27 td and 2 picks and went to the pro bowl. Give me a quick thinker who throws with both accuracy and velocity all day.

So you can't be athletic AND intelligent? King's issue wasn't that he lacked football IQ or arm talent, it was that he was poorly utilized and once he got hurt just wasn't the same.
And he couldn't see the field. You left that part out.

Advertisement
I want high IQ QBs with a good enough arm to get the job done. WAY too much emphasis has been put on mobility. Unless you're Brad Kaaya, or in a wheel chair, the odds are you can move just enough to avoid some pressure or pick up 5-6 yards on a busted play. IQ, arm, and ability to see the field. Those are my three keys for a QB.
I like accuracy as much as anything. And TVD has that in spades!

I like accuracy as much as anything. And TVD has that in spades!
Indeed. When I say arm I certainly don't just mean strength. If you have a cannon but your aim sucks, you're just killing drives, and innocent bystanders.

No, no, no, no…uh uh, not falling for the banana in the tail pipe;

ESPN HATES US!

Indeed. When I say arm I certainly don't just mean strength. If you have a cannon but your aim sucks, you're just killing drives, and innocent bystanders.
peyton2.gif

Advertisement
I truly believe he’ll have more options next season and be in a better position to succeed. He’ll have Don back and Rooster will be utilized more in the passing game. He’s going to thrive
I think TVD will grow even more in year 2 as a 2nd year seasoned starter. If we get better run blocking, the passing game is going to be scary when safties are forces to help in the run.

Actually, the running game should have been better this past year with TVD forcing safties to stay back in coverage against his deep ball threat. Our run blocking was so bad, safties didn't need to help. Mirabal will change all that. We should be much better run blocking with Rivers and Campbell back. Campbell can play RG or RT. We should be legit with Zion, Rivers, Clark, Scaife, and Campbell as starters plus some capable backups.

Advertisement
Back