ESecPN's article on Sarkisian Hire

dfagundo

Sawsed
"He doesn’t care about optics. He doesn’t pause long to think about headlines or how his decisions will go over on social media. If a coach or player can add value to his program, then they’re worth considering, plain and simple."

Any other program hires this scumbag and they roast them to oblivion

Good ol' boy Nick hires this dude who probably has an emergency handle of Jack in every room of his house, and ESPN praises him for "not caring about optics"

The SEC shaft is so deep down ESPN's throat that they lost their gag reflex

Boss made me come in today so I'm pretty ****ed at the world, excuse the rant- **** ESPN

Nick Saban does it again by hiring Steve Sarkisian as coordinator - SEC Blog- ESPN

Advertisement
Get off bamas nuts. Addiction is a disease, if sark is better more props to him.

Get off bamas nuts. Addiction is a disease, if sark is better more props to him.

Never said Sarkisian didn't deserve a second chance, nor that Alabama was doing anything wrong by hiring him- I'm pointing out the obvious disparity in news that takes place every time an SEC school does something that would be "frowned upon" had any other university done the same exact thing

I have no issue at all with someone hiring Cutty Sark but the OP is 1000% correct in how eSECpn spins these type of things one way if it's a certain conference and another if it's anyone else. Ol' ***** Head Finebaum would be polluting the ether about questions if this was a "responsible" hire if a non-SEC team made the move.

Advertisement
The double standard definitely exists, but do we really hate it? That's part of Miami's identity. People on the outside hate/complain/dismiss consistently in ways they don't for other programs (especially the SEC blue bloods), but that is part of what makes the Canes the "bad boys" that we all love. It makes recruiting and fundraising unique, but success in the face of adversity is always sweeter. When we win #6 , I want us to still be the most disparaged, least understood program out there.

The double standard definitely exists, but do we really hate it? That's part of Miami's identity. People on the outside hate/complain/dismiss consistently in ways they don't for other programs (especially the SEC blue bloods), but that is part of what makes the Canes the "bad boys" that we all love. It makes recruiting and fundraising unique, but success in the face of adversity is always sweeter. When we win #6 , I want us to still be the most disparaged, least understood program out there.

It's only fun being hated when they hate you for winning.

It's only fun being hated when they hate you for winning.

You can make that argument for nearly anything.

Why would anyone criticize hiring Sark? He has an alcohol problem, but if he is addressing the issue why not give him a second chance? Did he commit a crime under the influence? Why is Sark a 'scumbag'?

Advertisement
Im tired of reading so much about albama on a canes forum

I agree. Totally sick of klan U.

Unfortunately, they'll be curb stomping Washington soon, but sometimes I let myself think that Chris Petersen will come up with some super creative game plan to neutralize them and upset them. But they're just too far superior athletically.

Advertisement
Back