ESD Miami Signee and Target Thread

View as article
Advertisement

fitting

MAUIGOA 3:15 SAYS WE'RE GONNA KICK SOMEONES ***

drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

This is how I see it... I won't call not flipping a kid taking an L on ESD, especially when 23 of the 25 commits we started the morning with are already signed before 2PM.

Cormani not signing with us is definitely concerning, but it's not an L unless and until he signs elsewhere. If he signs elsewhere it's a huge L and a major disappointment. No sugarcoating that potential reality, but I'm also not going to assume the worst at this point.

The only other commit not to sign is Francis, and I am very confident he is going to sign in a couple of hours. That'll make it 24/25 commits signed on Day 1 of ESD.

Damari, assuming he signs with us in about an hour, is a win. Gore is a transfer portal win at a position of need. And if we get Francisco to sign today that's another transfer portal win to add some needed skill+experience to the LB room. I think both were expected, so maybe those additions aren't enticing enough for some.

Hopefully we convince Thornton to sign, too, because we need outside WR help. Right now, the lack of a true outside WR looks like the biggest L in this class. And considering all the smoke about adding/flipping a WR that's been going around, it's fair to be disappointed if we can't get some outside WR help in the early signing period.

That said, if we hold onto Cormani and add Brown, combined with those portal additions, I will still consider this a wildly successful early signing period. Just not quite as "elite" a day as some had hoped (or as apparently could have been if a couple of other things broke UM's way).
Spot on!!
We just need to get this Cormani saga over with and get his signature.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They didn't turn out bad though. One is projected to go 1st or 2nd round, and the other 5th round.
The better of the two was a solid player and is a projected third rounder. He was a starter in college and this year as a senior earned All-SEC honors for the first time. https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2023/darnell-wright.

The other one transferred to Oklahoma after two years to be the backup Tackle and only played in 6 games with limited action. He started for the first time this season and finally had a pretty good year. He will probably get drafted, "Morris is likely a mid-to-late round selection in the draft." https://www.cbssportsradio1430.com/news/oklahoma-rt-wanya-morris-declares-for-nfl-draft/
[/URL]

One was a solid/good starter for multiple years and the other started for one season after transferring from the school he signed to. We still need to stack talent was my point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back