ESD Miami Signee and Target Thread

View as article
Advertisement
This is how I see it... I won't call not flipping a kid taking an L on ESD, especially when 23 of the 25 commits we started the morning with are already signed before 2PM.

Cormani not signing with us is definitely concerning, but it's not an L unless and until he signs elsewhere. If he signs elsewhere it's a huge L and a major disappointment. No sugarcoating that potential reality, but I'm also not going to assume the worst at this point.

The only other commit not to sign is Francis, and I am very confident he is going to sign in a couple of hours. That'll make it 24/25 commits signed on Day 1 of ESD.

Damari, assuming he signs with us in about an hour, is a win. Gore is a transfer portal win at a position of need. And if we get Francisco to sign today that's another transfer portal win to add some needed skill+experience to the LB room. I think both were expected, so maybe those additions aren't enticing enough for some.

Hopefully we convince Thornton to sign, too, because we need outside WR help. Right now, the lack of a true outside WR looks like the biggest L in this class. And considering all the smoke about adding/flipping a WR that's been going around, it's fair to be disappointed if we can't get some outside WR help in the early signing period.

That said, if we hold onto Cormani and add Brown, combined with those portal additions, I will still consider this a wildly successful early signing period. Just not quite as "elite" a day as some had hoped (or as apparently could have been if a couple of other things broke UM's way).

I expected Cormani to sign today. Our number 1 recruit. I thought we'd have a shot with some of the guys listed in the bank but to be honest idgaf if we struck out with all of them I wouldn't care if Cormani signed.

I'm glad we have everyone except for Cormani and that UM is still optimistic about him, but I just think that kid is a game changer and a program changer. Don't want to lose him. The fact that he delayed his commitment is underwhelming. Not saying the sky is falling just keeping it real
This. The worst news today by far.

Advertisement
Sorry if I missed it but this kid has not been mentioned
CA3A3E1C-A609-4B8D-9026-D05C0AF0D678.png

So we signed 24 of 25 commits with that last dude being our biggest commit. We are still looking good there.

Miami is trending up for Brown who announces soon and we signed 3 solid transfer guys. Yet some of you want to call today "underwhelming". Get the **** out of here with that ****. What did people expect to happen? Hykeem and 3 other 5 stars sign with us?

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is how I see it... I won't call not flipping a kid taking an L on ESD, especially when 23 of the 25 commits we started the morning with are already signed before 2PM.

Cormani not signing with us is definitely concerning, but it's not an L unless and until he signs elsewhere. If he signs elsewhere it's a huge L and a major disappointment. No sugarcoating that potential reality, but I'm also not going to assume the worst at this point.

The only other commit not to sign is Francis, and I am very confident he is going to sign in a couple of hours. That'll make it 24/25 commits signed on Day 1 of ESD.

Damari, assuming he signs with us in about an hour, is a win. Gore is a transfer portal win at a position of need. And if we get Francisco to sign today that's another transfer portal win to add some needed skill+experience to the LB room. I think both were expected, so maybe those additions aren't enticing enough for some.

Hopefully we convince Thornton to sign, too, because we need outside WR help. Right now, the lack of a true outside WR looks like the biggest L in this class. And considering all the smoke about adding/flipping a WR that's been going around, it's fair to be disappointed if we can't get some outside WR help in the early signing period.

That said, if we hold onto Cormani and add Brown, combined with those portal additions, I will still consider this a wildly successful early signing period. Just not quite as "elite" a day as some had hoped (or as apparently could have been if a couple of other things broke UM's way).

So basically: mope 😎

Advertisement
Holding on to the class is huge, its not ok, its not good. Its ***ing yuge. We solidified to OL and DL and LBs. Which are key positions to compete. And we have the portal. Losing Cormani would be a big black eye but we have done really well to hold the class together. Said it earlier, its not a small thing with our record. We got smoked by FSU at home with many of them watching.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back