Erosion/Restoration

canes1996

Eternal Optimist
What are some of the things you are most looking forward to being restored at this program that have slowly eroded since the end of Coker's tenure?

A few of my thoughts:

1) QB pressure: our d-line used to dictate what the opposition tried to do, so much so that our linebackers weren't really asked to blitz much. This may take time, but I'm very optimistic that Coach Kool can restore what was once our calling card; we will need it considering the youth and overall lack of depth in our back seven.

2) Second-half adjustments: to me, a sign of a well-coached team. This is where I think Richt and his staff can shine immediately compared with the last regime. Show me that you can adjust when things don't go as planned. Again, we used to be known for this.

3) Four fingers: I know we still do this, but I would like it to actually mean something again. This is all about conditioning and attitude. When practices are harder than games, it's easier to have that extra gear in the fourth quarter. Sick of watching leads shrink or comebacks fall short in the last minutes.

What say you?

Advertisement
I'll be glad to see some attitude back on the sidelines! It seems that when they would get behind they would walk around and cower like whipped puppies. You gotta keep fighin man!!!

Advertisement
Restored: Aggressive defense, nasty thugged out attitude, former players being back on the sidelines, and electric game day experience, and a genuine "I don't give a fu*k" attitude.

Eroded: Players having this "that's my homeboy" mentality and not competing, penalties, Al Golden mentality

Advertisement
Restored: Aggressive defense, nasty thugged out attitude, former players being back on the sidelines, and electric game day experience, and a genuine "I don't give a fu*k" attitude.

Eroded: Players having this "that's my homeboy" mentality and not competing, penalties, Al Golden mentality

Completely agree.

Advertisement
Strategically, I agree with the attitude, toughness, 4th Q performance comments above.

Tactically, it's straightforward: stop the run, establish the run. We can't beat FSU or any good team until we do this consistently.

Advertisement
Discipline. I'd like to see us not at the bottom or anywhere close to the bottom of the country in penalties and penalty yards per game.

I am looking forward to never seeing the players half heartedly lock arms and sway back and forth before the opening kickoff.

Advertisement
Back