Ermon Lane Tidbits From A UFag Insider

honestly you guys are looking at it the wrong way. everytime you lose a kid that is really really good, you help another powerhouse load up to help win a national championship. it doesn't really matter if we technically need him or not at a position that might be loaded. why do you think Bama keeps taking running backs, like 6 of em in a class? Bc they know if they don't take em, it will help somebody else. You gotta fight for every stud you can. Especially the ones in your back yard.

That's why I thought Bostwick was more important to us than to Florida last year. But they fought for him bc they know it's important to get a strangle hold on certain places in recruiting and keeping him away from us does as much for that as him actually being there. But in no way am I doubting their evaluation skills for him as a player. I'm just saying when you have depth and you keep hoarding players, it's as much about keeping the player away from others as it is him playing for you.

Advertisement
I feel confident with Lane simply because i think our offense is going to light the scoreboards up this year. Were going to catch the attention of alot of top offensive recruits. With our production on the field and elite oline recruiting (hopefully add Knox), Cook is going to have a lot to think about too.

Lol @ u clowns worrying about the receiver position. Least of our issues and in goods hands for the forseeable future. Cold give 2 ****s about Lane.

I just dont understand how people think this way. We have a very good group of wr's now, but you always need to add as much elite talent as you can if you want to win a championship. As good as our wr group is now, add Watkins and Cooper to our core and tell me we dont have more wins last year no matter how pathetic our d line is. And dont connect the 2 either. I keep reading that we need to "focus more on defense". Bs! You can recruit every dt in the country just as hard whether your going all out for Lane or not. Theres not a limit of calls we can make to recruits. Theres not limited brochures that we need to save for dline recruits. Does Al Golden have a limited supply of mojo that he needs to save for dline recruiting? You go all out for every stud you can.

honestly you guys are looking at it the wrong way. everytime you lose a kid that is really really good, you help another powerhouse load up to help win a national championship. it doesn't really matter if we technically need him or not at a position that might be loaded. why do you think Bama keeps taking running backs, like 6 of em in a class? Bc they know if they don't take em, it will help somebody else. You gotta fight for every stud you can. Especially the ones in your back yard.

That's why I thought Bostwick was more important to us than to Florida last year. But they fought for him bc they know it's important to get a strangle hold on certain places in recruiting and keeping him away from us does as much for that as him actually being there. But in no way am I doubting their evaluation skills for him as a player. I'm just saying when you have depth and you keep hoarding players, it's as much about keeping the player away from others as it is him playing for you.

This is a good point too. Id love to to take Cooper off Bama. Watkins off Clemson.

And why do some always get fooled about our depth? Look no further then our lb's. Alot of fans were calling our lb core 1 of the deepest on the team. Changed drastically in 1 offseason. You cant assume every stud recruit we get is going to become an all american. Actually, we should recruit preparing for the worst. Griffin doesnt qualify, so & so leaves early, Coley having issues etc.

This is a good point too. Id love to to take Cooper off Bama. Watkins off Clemson.

And why do some always get fooled about our depth? Look no further then our lb's. Alot of fans were calling our lb core 1 of the deepest on the team. Changed drastically in 1 offseason. You cant assume every stud recruit we get is going to become an all american. Actually, we should recruit preparing for the worst. Griffin doesnt qualify, so & so leaves early, Coley having issues etc.

exactly. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY GOOD PLAYERS!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back