Ermon Lane junior highlights

What a horrible time to have scholarship reductions. It seems like So Fla was down for a few years, but holy **** at what's about to come out of here in the next few years.

Advertisement
What a horrible time to have scholarship reductions. It seems like So Fla was down for a few years, but holy **** at what's about to come out of here in the next few years.

2014-2015 and beyond is where we see the fruits of this staff come out. Not just because there are great players but because we have had time to build relationships with these guys which often times decides where a kid goes. How often did we come in 2nd place over the years because we were just a little late to the party on an elite guy?

Not gonna happen anymore.

Did he mostly jog versus the top competition in South Florida?

Pete, how's this guy's mentality? He looks bored as ****. Does he have that assassin perspective where he just needs to get better?

Maybe he had to jog or the QB wouldn't reach him? :confused:

Why would Al Golden want another job? Even with NCAA sanctions, he could still build a monster team in Miami with local talent. It's been done before..

Pardon me while I have a bit of fun fapping

QB: Baby Jesus
QB: Preston Dewey
RB: Duke Johnson
RB: Sony Michel
RB: Dalvin Cook
WR: AJL
WR: Phil Dorsett
WR: Herb Waters
WR: Ermon Lane
WR: Travis Rudolph
LT: Ereck Flowers
LG: Jon Feliciano
OC: Shane McDermott
RG: Danny Isadora
RT: Bunche/Lil McDermott

WDE: Tyriq McCord
WDE: Tim Williams
3DT: Lavon Hooks
3DT: Keith Bryant
SDT: Olsen Pierre
SDT: Moore/Ivery/Briscoe
SDE: A. Chickillo
SDE: J. Hamilton
Rush: Matthew Thomas
Rush: Devante Bond
Rush: Gabe Terry
WLB: Denzel Perryman
WLB: Raphael Kirby
MLB: Gionni Paul
MLB: Jawand Blue
SLB: The Dark Knigga

NOW THE FUN PART BEGINS

CB: Tracy Howard
CB: Artie Burns
CB: LaDarius Gunter
CB: Nate Dortch
FS: Rayshawn Jenkins
SS: Deon Bush
SS: Jamal Carter

Those are your 2014 National Champions ladies and gentlemen AND your 2014 Heisman Trophy Winner
Mostly kids from the State of Miami...........The way it was built and the way it should be! Its a proven formula..

Advertisement
Looks bigtime.

I've pretty much lost interest in freaks at WR as now I realize what really wins championships. Its those monsters on the DL, loaded front 7s, and a solid QB that makes a program elite. Miami should not ever have problems getting WRs that can get open and make defenses pay, but it definitely would not hurt having an elite guy like this.

2014-2015 and beyond is where we see the fruits of this staff come out. Not just because there are great players but because we have had time to build relationships with these guys which often times decides where a kid goes. How often did we come in 2nd place over the years because we were just a little late to the party on an elite guy?

Not gonna happen anymore.

Or the staff making first contact with the kid a couple weeks before signing day.

Why would Al Golden want another job? Even with NCAA sanctions, he could still build a monster team in Miami with local talent. It's been done before..

Other than his quote about loving the city, diversity, being close to the Keys, etc, he also realizes this. Especially the next few seasons. The line about recruiting a national title team on one tank of gas has never been more true.

Only reasons I see would be:

1) $$$$$$$ which we couldn't or wouldn't match
2) Debilitating sanctions

Advertisement
1st play of video is unreal. He jogs the last 30 yards with the defender on his hip and the guy can't close any ground on Lane.

Pete, how's this guy's mentality? He looks bored as ****. Does he have that assassin perspective where he just needs to get better?

Not Pete but from the games I saw, He has a good mindset. Against Southridge he went against Carter and #5 and against Crter he would be jawwing back and forth and tell him line up in front of him. Then would try to shake him off the line. Mind you he is a decoy in his offense 80% of the time (run based wing type offense). He didnt seem to get his head out of the game or seem to get mad when they couldnt get him the ball (qb was struggling and they had him doubled). Seemed to block when he wasnt running dummy fades and seemed more into the game than a typical receiver, he does play a little D also so his football IQ maybe higher and he may have more interest to that side as a result.

Against NW he just was beast moding out there (which I love to see cause it shows the better the comp he rises), They tried everything and a technique I only see at schools like Varela, sunset, etc. Which is Box or with two guys covering him like he is a gunner on a punt. AND HE STILL CAUGHT PASSES OFF THAT. This is against NORTHWESTERN. SMH. It Does seem like he is jogging but he makes plays and can turn it on. Kid is a player.

Also will say he is about 175-185. DOnt think he would be 215 by freshman year, thats asking alot. Maybe 205

Tht play where he was double teamed with a safety over the top and he still caught the ball was ridiculous.

He also jogs faster than I drive. FML

You have to believe that Herb Waters getting some PT and having a good couple of games has to help with Lane...

Everyone please stop. Im fappin and at this point its painful. From the highlight video (no homo) to the potential line up in 2014 and beyond. My god we should be back very soon.

Advertisement
He is a heavy Cane lean

And that means he will be a low 3 star prospect on all sites now

From everything I have heard or seen, he just loves football. Offense/defense he just wants to show out and make plays

Not Pete but from the games I saw, He has a good mindset. Against Southridge he went against Carter and #5 and against Crter he would be jawwing back and forth and tell him line up in front of him. Then would try to shake him off the line. Mind you he is a decoy in his offense 80% of the time (run based wing type offense). He didnt seem to get his head out of the game or seem to get mad when they couldnt get him the ball (qb was struggling and they had him doubled). Seemed to block when he wasnt running dummy fades and seemed more into the game than a typical receiver, he does play a little D also so his football IQ maybe higher and he may have more interest to that side as a result.

Against NW he just was beast moding out there (which I love to see cause it shows the better the comp he rises), They tried everything and a technique I only see at schools like Varela, sunset, etc. Which is Box or with two guys covering him like he is a gunner on a punt. AND HE STILL CAUGHT PASSES OFF THAT. This is against NORTHWESTERN. SMH. It Does seem like he is jogging but he makes plays and can turn it on. Kid is a player.

Also will say he is about 175-185. DOnt think he would be 215 by freshman year, thats asking alot. Maybe 205

Great insight. I appreciate it.

+1 this covered it all. Only negative I've seen from him (saw Homestead 4 times this season) was he alligator-armed a couple potential catches against South Dade.

Skyman is spot on about him raising his play against the best competition. That is a great, great sign as well as the fact he is still extremely productive in an offense that isn't necessarily designed just to get him the ball.

Advertisement
+1 this covered it all. Only negative I've seen from him (saw Homestead 4 times this season) was he alligator-armed a couple potential catches against South Dade.

Skyman is spot on about him raising his play against the best competition. That is a great, great sign as well as the fact he is still extremely productive in an offense that isn't necessarily designed just to get him the ball.

Like I said, Lane knows how to protect his body. When you're as talented (and skinny) as he is that's a very good thing. Until he bulks up I don't want hm being "tough" across the middle. His value is on screens, deep balls and jump balls.

He's the real deal .... scary part is, the kid has never really focused in the weight room or in conditioning. Frightening to think about his ceiling.

Stacey Coley who?

Give me Ermon "HOV" Lane.

You can throw the entire carpool on him, and he'll still score on you.

Advertisement
Back