Ereck Flowers

If healthy and ready Henderson is playing. The only question now is the amount of snaps he can manage. I am very confident that our oline can do great things with our youth and upperclassmen. I want Flowers and Henderson to tear up the ACC and put Miami back on the map.

The convo you are trying to have is something I am not interested in.

You claimed he was starting for the KSU game. Are you now saying that he won't be? Of course you aren't interested in it; you're a troll.

I never said he was starting the KSU game. I said he would receive most of the snaps.

Yes you did. You said Flwoers already lost his starting job to Henderson.

You cut off the rest of what I wrote. It was clear what I said if you include all of what I wrote. You are not dumb and have great reading comprehension skills. So why are you attempting to go back and forth? What do you want?

I did not 'cut it off,' I summed it up. You claimed Flowers "already lost his starting job."

I want you to admit that you were wrong. Which you were.

Advertisement
You claimed he was starting for the KSU game. Are you now saying that he won't be? Of course you aren't interested in it; you're a troll.

I never said he was starting the KSU game. I said he would receive most of the snaps.

You cut off the rest of what I wrote. It was clear what I said if you include all of what I wrote. You are not dumb and have great reading comprehension skills. So why are you attempting to go back and forth? What do you want?

I did not 'cut it off,' I summed it up. You claimed Flowers "already lost his starting job."

Admit I was wrong about what?

No offense, but you are boring and not talking about nothing.

The starting gig is Flowers to lose. If he screws up or gets injured, we've got our man in Henderson. Barring that, I can't see any way Golden moves Flowers from his starting job. Why would he? Henderson may be nfl talent but he lost his starting job and Flowers proved he can handle it. Same with any other position. Play the best man, and flowers has given no reason to think he's not that man.

If Henderson is NFL talent why as a coach you would not play him if you are trying to win games?

Flowers may have that level of talent too. Have to let it develop through play. Why not play him and develop that now, especially considering he's not hurting us. Once he hurts our chances, take him out. Until then it just makes sense to me to play it out.

Just step away from the keyboard, it's going to be okay

Henderson is a tremendous athlete and his play on the field has proved that. Henderson was dominant as a freshman and received the same praise that Flowers is receiving. Henderson held a first round draft pick in check as a freshman. Back surgery limited almost all of his sophomore campaign. He played less than 200 snaps

I am not sure why our fans attempt to put one player against another, painting one as the hero and the other as the villain. It makes no sense to me as to why our fans do that. If it was not for those deaths in Henderson's family and the car accident where he received a concussion, Flowers would have never got a shot to start. Flowers came in and held down Henderson's spot while he was out. Not only am I surprised but thrilled that we may have another great linemen in Flowers.

Logically, people like you make no sense. Why would you sit a NFL caliber player that when healthy was dominate? What point are you attempting to prove? But that is how people like you roll. When Flowers shows his youth, you will be the first one to say he sucks.

I want to win now and feel UM can win the ACC and make a BCS bowl. There is no reason why we can't be undefeated going into the Notre Dame game. Henderson can help us achieve that goal. Henderson and Flowers could be the best combo in the NCAA. Why wouldn't you want that to happen?

So you won't accept the bet?

You made the statement that Ereck Flowers already lost his job. I guarantee you that he hasn't and that Henderson isn't going to start next week. Accept the bet, or admit you were wrong.

If healthy and ready Henderson is playing. The only question now is the amount of snaps he can manage. I am very confident that our oline can do great things with our youth and upperclassmen. I want Flowers and Henderson to tear up the ACC and put Miami back on the map.

The convo you are trying to have is something I am not interested in.

No....actually you said Flowers lost his starting job

He had an exceptional game for a Freshman. He got lost on a couple of blitzes, but better now than in the middle of the season. He's ****ing dominant at the point of attack. I would be surprised if he lost his job.

That right side of the OLine is something to behold. I'd run counters that way with the LG pulling pretty much the entire day.

He already lost his job. Henderson will receive the most snaps in the KSU game taking over the starting spot. We really need Henderson. Flowers did good for a freshman but he is no Henderson

Advertisement
If you re-watch the game, Bunche actually had a pretty bad day. He got beat multiple times and had a false start penalty. I would be in favor of moving Seantrel to LT and keeping Flowers at RT. Flowers had a really solid game.

I don't understand why this is 4 pages long...it's pretty **** simple. The best player will start. End of story.

My sense is that we are discussing separate but related topics on this thread.

Of course Golden is going play his best players, PROVIDED they have the right attitude and work ethic. Almost from his arrival, there has been considerable concern about SH's attitude and ethic, which may or may not have changed.

Second, even if ST is "back", he is going to have to earn playing time. The two tackles in front of him are "NFL caliber" too, so he may not win a starting job back.

K9 drilled it. This isn't Madden. This is a real life college football program. You build a culture of winning by showing the people in the locker room that working hard and doing the right thing gets you on the field and your level of play keeps you there. The job belongs to Flowers until he loses it and/or SMH wins it. That might happen. But you absolutely do not just hand SMH a starting job just because he finally decided to show up. That's not to say we don't take advantage of having 3 competent tackles. Work SMH in and use some three tackle jumbo packages. He's certainly talented enough to win a spot back. Make him do it the right way, or risk having guys like Tracy Howard go AWOL because they always know they will get playing time just for showing up.

Advertisement
Flowers is better that I expected. He looked better than Bunche in a lot of the plays, and had plenty of gas for the whole game. Nothing wrong with working SMH in and grinding on their Dline, but the job needs to stay with Flowers for the time being.

K9 drilled it. This isn't Madden. This is a real life college football program. You build a culture of winning by showing the people in the locker room that working hard and doing the right thing gets you on the field and your level of play keeps you there. The job belongs to Flowers until he loses it and/or SMH wins it. That might happen. But you absolutely do not just hand SMH a starting job just because he finally decided to show up. That's not to say we don't take advantage of having 3 competent tackles. Work SMH in and use some three tackle jumbo packages. He's certainly talented enough to win a spot back. Make him do it the right way, or risk having guys like Tracy Howard go AWOL because they always know they will get playing time just for showing up.

This is not all true and trust me this is coming from someone who coached on the college level. Let your team start losing games while you have NFL talent on the bench and watch how fast you will be run out of town.

When coaching 85 players with each one having a different personality is not easy. When dealing with college kids it is really becomes difficult. Some players will be the perfect student athlete while others will have you pulling out your hair over the dumb things they do.

Sitting a student athlete for being a teenager is silly. It will also cost you a job if you start losing games while having NFL talent on the bench. Golden is a smart guy and will not sit Henderson. Having Feliciano, Flowers, Henderson, and Bunche is amazing and you have to find a way to get them all on the field.

Of course I am not talking about nothing. Do you still claim that Flowers already lost his starting job?

This is not all true and trust me this is coming from someone who coached on the college level. Let your team start losing games while you have NFL talent on the bench and watch how fast you will be run out of town.

When coaching 85 players with each one having a different personality is not easy. When dealing with college kids it is really becomes difficult. Some players will be the perfect student athlete while others will have you pulling out your hair over the dumb things they do.

Sitting a student athlete for being a teenager is silly. It will also cost you a job if you start losing games while having NFL talent on the bench. Golden is a smart guy and will not sit Henderson. Having Feliciano, Flowers, Henderson, and Bunche is amazing and you have to find a way to get them all on the field.

So now Henderson is an "NFL talent" but Flowers isn't?

Advertisement
I watched two of the spring scrimmages. Flowers played left tackle the whole time and was the best offensive tackle on the entire team. Henderson played bad during the spring.

As soon as spring was over, Golden moved Flowers to right tackle. I think that Golden knew all along that Flowers could start over Henderson. I think that this is a great situation to have. Hopefully this motivates Henderson. Golden is gonna play the best five so Bunche, Flowers, and Henderson will be competing for those two spots!

Advertisement
Back