Ereck Flowers named starter again

BeachCanes

Sophomore
Ereck Flowers named starting left guard by Jay Gruden in Washington. Anyone know how he graded out last year in Jacksonville? He was their starter at LT for a handful of games at the end of the season. Good to see he’s still getting paid after becoming a household name for being notoriously bad (think being exposed on several MNF games contributed to this).
Still only 25 as well.

Advertisement
Also, don’t think Artie Burns will be cut in Pitt. He had a good game against the Chiefs. I could see him being suspect in coverage coming out of college but it’s surprising that he has been a poor tackler. Still think a change of scenery would benefit him; don’t think a change in scheme would make a difference.

Also, don’t think Artie Burns will be cut in Pitt. He had a good game against the Chiefs. I could see him being suspect in coverage coming out of college but it’s surprising that he has been a poor tackler. Still think a change of scenery would benefit him; don’t think a change in scheme would make a difference.
Artie actually had a pretty good rookie season with 64tcks & 3INT's but hasn't played as well his last 2 years.

I hope he gets to play out his rookie deal & get paid a nice 2nd contract, he's set to make $1.75mill this year & will be a FA at the end of the season because they didn't pickup his 5th year option, which means this a contract season for Artie.

The Steelers never have lockdown Corners, their scheme makes it difficult for any cover guys to excel in that system. He def could use a scene change & to play in a Defense that better suits his ability.

But regardless of how it works out he'll get another shot on another team, teams are always looking for Corners especially now that the league is such a pass heavy game, CB's are in high demand & he's still young.

He should leave that ****show in Pittsburgh and play for a defensive juggernaut like the Ravens.

Advertisement
While people like to talk about the lack of recognition O lineman get they're the luckiest SOB's in the game. These guys just go from team to team regardless of how bad they are. I root for Flowers because he's a peep, but GD he's terrible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure Greg Robinson is the Browns LT and that guy was cut by half the league. Flowers will bounce around for at least a few more years, even if he's not good, and probably will have a few more opportunities to start

Advertisement
Back