Episode #9

Jaquan is so close on lots of those plays. Have to hope that as he gets more comfortable, that extra split second of time he should gain will lead to him making the play instead of the offensive guy making the play. He sure does seem to be around the ball a lot in all of these vids.

I agree with that, but I also think it has to do with the scheme in which we play. It puts the responsibility on the LB and safety's to make the plays.

Advertisement
Christ, it's nice to finally have a QB who can speak the kings English properly and enunciate his thoughts effectively. Been too long.

Jaquan is so close on lots of those plays. Have to hope that as he gets more comfortable, that extra split second of time he should gain will lead to him making the play instead of the offensive guy making the play. He sure does seem to be around the ball a lot in all of these vids.

Hella cut by Yearby - J gets juked. but he stays with it and runs the play down.

a thing of beauty to watch yearby run in the open field, being able to make those sudden cuts and maintain speed is a rare talent, devin hester was the best at it.

Advertisement
I love the way Gus edwards run..... Size and speed at the running back position. Should be a weapon this year

Advertisement
I think Jaquan just needs a solid summer to get stronger and faster. That was areal nice tackle on Coley. Wonder how many freshman could have continued to hold on there. He does have great instincts. Not much of the older safeties in there. But that was an awesome play by Crawford for the pick.

I think Jaquan just needs a solid summer to get stronger and faster. That was areal nice tackle on Coley. Wonder how many freshman could have continued to hold on there. He does have great instincts. Not much of the older safeties in there. But that was an awesome play by Crawford for the pick.

Quan has been doing that tackle since his Optimist days at the heights!

Advertisement
5 Big things I noticed:
1. Yearby has improved tremendously he's running through those blocks he didn't last year.. He looks Fantastic, I had my doubts cuz I didn't know how he was gunna fill out.. But I've always knows he's straight baller
2. WHEN BRAD KAAYA said to Joe "I'm sick of losing.. I'm tired of it, we can't let last year happen".. It honestly put a big smile on my face..
3. J rock was making plays they didn't show much of the Defense in the HL for good or bad.. But either he's fully learned the play book or they've a simplified things a bit for all the D players, I believe it's both.. That hit on Gray was a nice lick u don't do that if ur thinking too much
4. Kaaya is slinging it.. He's footwork is better, he's arm is stronger.. Just stay humble and keep working and we have a future 1st round pick
5. Coley is back... He's playing with confidence.. He needs to have the ball 10 times a game.. Whatever way and that's not including returns
6. I'm gunna add a 6th that's non scrimmage related.. Whether we like it or not there (coaches) are doing something right: recruiting, dozen of current or former pro canes there constantly, I have been told this by guys that work for other sites.. If u surround a team w/ accomplished, successful players like most if not all our pro canes, that makes u work harder, practice harder, study harder and play harder..

THE LOSER MENTALITY NEEDS TO CHANGE. That's with or without Golden.. It was there before him and it will continue to be there when he leaves/fired.. The torch wasn't passed 10 years ago now the former players need to be on top of these boyz a$$e$ And let them now LOSING IS NOT OK and not an option..
Stop reading at coaches are doing something right

I read but no credit for Al &Co until win see real football being player on the field and win after win being raked up without the embarrassing butt whipping we have been taking. Kaaya is first Miami QB we have seen in years and years. Kid's got the brain, the work ethic, skill and attitude we need. Staff proved unworthy of him last year and it is still here(Beard is major upgrade). Kid scored first drive in both early season big game(Loserville and Corndogs). Decent staff and that would have been enough. They had to teach this kid how to lose--he did not come with it. It is more likely that Al will ruin the kid than it is Al will change his defense.

There are high school coaches like Tunsil, Merrit, etc that are saying they're starting to get back to what they had... IMO golden is not the guy to do it because he simply has never won enough games or big time games... It's not a coincidence he just shrinks up in big games like FSU when we had them by the throat and he pu$$ied out the 2nd half.. They are doing something right NOW I'm just as critical on these coaches as anyone,.. My dad and I are season ticket holders and we're not renewing after 9 years this would be our 10th I don't know yet if I'm going to games cuz I don't wanna give a penny to administration, But i support the guys and I hope we win Big despite how much I dislike Golden unless he proves to me he can Win Big which he hasn't and probably won't

Yearby has some of the best cuts I have ever seen. It's going to be fun watching this kid get stronger over the next few years.

Advertisement
Kaaya will be in NYC for the Heisman ceremony. He won't win because of the anti-Canes bias, but he'll be invited.

Advertisement
Back