Enough scapegoating the assistants

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
It's easy to blame the assistants for the horrid OL play and lack of a serviceable QB in year 3. It's especially easy to blame Jon Richt when he obviously only has his job because of nepotism. But if we've learned anything from 17 years of failed/failing coaching staffs at Miami, it's that everything goes to the top. Mark Richt, not Jon, deserves 100% of the blame for the QB failures, and 100% of the blame for the OL failures. Head coaches that are failing and play musical coordinators get fired. Head coaches that are failing and don't play musical coordinators get fired too.

Advertisement
BUT.....

Recht can also take 100% of the credit if he does what’s needed and revamps his staff.

Are there examples of college head coaches who are failing, revamp their staffs, and then win a championship? I've never heard of it.

Are there examples of college head coaches who are failing, revamp their staffs, and then win a championship? I've never heard of it.
Winning a championship? Is that what you’re expecting right now?

Are u suggesting that if a coach doesn’t get the right assistants in place year 1 that he should be fired?

Advertisement
Too much loyalty to his staph = No one is getting fired
It will be his fatal flaw, just like Golden. Problem is, it'll cost us if he's fired. We are stuck with him until he either retires, or we fire him in 2022 if things are just too brutal. He wanted to be held accountable, and he is. If he doesn't fix this mess of an O he will be held more accountable than he could have imagined 3 years ago.

I have been a strong supporter of CMR ever since Stafford and a few others but he needs to wake up to modern times. Miami has to much talent for mediocrity.

Advertisement
It's easy to blame the assistants for the horrid OL play and lack of a serviceable QB in year 3. It's especially easy to blame Jon Richt when he obviously only has his job because of nepotism. But if we've learned anything from 17 years of failed/failing coaching staffs at Miami, it's that everything goes to the top. Mark Richt, not Jon, deserves 100% of the blame for the QB failures, and 100% of the blame for the OL failures. Head coaches that are failing and play musical coordinators get fired. Head coaches that are failing and don't play musical coordinators get fired too.
Nah my dude, it's all Lil Rix and Searels' faults.

Let's get rid of them and we're good to go.

Advertisement
What we want from Richt is what he can't deliver... a championship caliber coach. He doesn't have the fire or the vision to create an elite squad. If he did he would have accomplished that during his 15 year tenure at UG. Let's just be satisfied with an 8 or 9 or on a good year 10 win season every year... and sit back and watch the elite teams play in the playoffs.

And you're just assuming RIcht would? Seems like a pretty big assumption. Also, winning all the time tends to alleviate the "boredom".
Richt said he was bored the last few years at uga... so, there’s that.

And you're just assuming RIcht would? Seems like a pretty big assumption. Also, winning all the time tends to alleviate the "boredom".

A big reason Richt came here was because he'd be allowed to call plays again.

Advertisement
Winning a championship? Is that what you’re expecting right now?

Are u suggesting that if a coach doesn’t get the right assistants in place year 1 that he should be fired?

From Richt I'm expecting 9 to 10 wins per year indefinitely. I'm not suggesting firing anybody. I'm suggesting that playing musical coordinators typically doesn't solve problems.

Advertisement
Back