Enos

I think Enos will stick around for as long as we continue to recruit well, we win a lot more games than we lose finally, and if he keeps the trajectory of the offensive needle moving upward statistically speaking. I think his kids are getting to the age where he might be getting tired of all the moves he’s made and the family could be getting tired of it as well (mostly the missus). I think he will have us moving comfortably in the right direction this year as he irons out his play calling and scheme preferences given whoever starts at QB. It’s next season that I really think we make a considerable jump offensively and with the help of our defense gets Miami on the cusp or into the CFP hunt.

Advertisement
Crazy how Clemson can get a guy like venables to stay forever. I don’t think he’s ever even been connected to another HC job. I know they’re paying him a lot but he could still make more as a HC and also that doesn’t stop bama coaches from leaving every year.
True. I think coaches love working for Dabo but hate working for Saban.

My guess is he will be here 2-3 years and resurrect our offense. The good news is I don’t think he would leave for any HC job since he already did that gig at Central Michigan. My guess is he would only leave for a top job or his alma matter, Michigan State.

No offense, but this is how fans think and not professionals or even someone who's being objective.

So where does he go after 2 or 3 years?

The good news, you think......he doesn't leave for another shot at being a head coach. News is tangible, not opinions or what you think, that's a prediction. So again, where does he go after 2 or 3 years?

Most coaches leave when their alma mater comes calling. That is unless it's a backward step.

He leaves when he gets a bigger and better offer or he falls flat on his face. Coaches go where the money is almost all of the time with very few exceptions. They aren't loyal to programs. That's something fans never seem to understand and not something they should get mad about.

If the NFL comes calling one day with the right number, he will take it like most would.

Last edited:
Wouldn't really be surprised if Enos stays longer most expected. Dude has been around the block & knows what he wants. The Mich St rumors are all purely speculation at this point. Football strictly didnt bring Enos to UM, maybe those culminations will keep him here.

Advertisement
I think there will be plenty of programs willing to throw money at him if he gets us into the national discussion again and keeps us there. I think he’ll accomplish that, so give him two, max three, years at Miami. All of us will be perfectly happy with that outcome.

We can give Enos the ‘CIS-evaluation’ after the season. His is a new system, with inexperienced QBs, and an average-at-best OL. Production should be better by default, compared to last season’s failures.

That said, I look forward to porsters roasting him whenever a play is unsuccessful.

Advertisement
Crazy how Clemson can get a guy like venables to stay forever. I don’t think he’s ever even been connected to another HC job. I know they’re paying him a lot but he could still make more as a HC and also that doesn’t stop bama coaches from leaving every year.
I think at bama the coaches leave because they know this is their best opportunity for "moving up". A lot of them are mediocre coaches, but Saban just makes them look good. (Watch Locksley at Maryland this season) And they just take their opportunity while it is still there. Also apparently Saban is also very hard to work for, which is probably the reason Enos even left. They also don't call it the The Nick Saban Coach Rehabilitation Clinic for nothing:

In 2-3 years, if we're not flying banners, we should revisit this.

If he's good enough for other programs to offer head coaching jobs, I'll be satisfied. I never expect coaches to stay forever if they're successful. Besides Bret Venables and Bud Foster, what other successful coordinator has never left for a promotion?

Advertisement
I think there will be plenty of programs willing to throw money at him if he gets us into the national discussion again and keeps us there. I think he’ll accomplish that, so give him two, max three, years at Miami. All of us will be perfectly happy with that outcome.
with the ACC network etc. if we get back into the national convo we will also be able to throw some more money at him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back