Enos

With a defensive HC, this guy seems like the perfect kind of OC for us. I know hes had an up and down track record but his approach to QBs has me excited. Seems like a very analytical kind of guy who is very focused. Detail oriented. I hope we can keep him in the long run because it seems recruits, the team and his peers respect him. What's everyone's thoughts so far?

Advertisement
We will have him 3 years max. Will be severely overrated after this year bc of how abysmal the offense looked last year. I believe his next step will be to the NFL. Really seems like more of a NFL guy than college.

Advertisement
My guess is he will be here 2-3 years and resurrect our offense. The good news is I don’t think he would leave for any HC job since he already did that gig at Central Michigan. My guess is he would only leave for a top job or his alma matter, Michigan State.

We will have him 3 years max. Will be severely overrated after this year bc of how abysmal the offense looked last year. I believe his next step will be to the NFL. Really seems like more of a NFL guy than college.

Barry Jackson wrote an article quoting Enos as saying he has spurned the NFL many times because he loves the coaching, teaching and mentoring part of college football.

The guy lives in Pinecrest and works at a great place; it’s difficult to leave paradise especially if you find success.

Advertisement
There’s an article that came out yesterday where he says he is strictly a college coach and has no aspirations to go to the nfl.

Yes that was in the Herald.

I fully expect the offense to look like **** at times especially against teams with a decent DL. I’ll give him a year to settle the OL as there are no seniors that will be starting.

My one fear with him is he may go power run too often. I know he’s said he would cater to the personnel but every coach says that.

This year I’ll be happy with a significant statistical leap and me not being able to call the plays from my couch. I was around 90% last year with Richt it felt like.

2020 will be the year on offense as we should only lose (of significant contributors) Osbourne and maybe DJ/JT. We should return our entire OL and QB. That will be Enos time to really shine.

I’m fine when our coaches r poached; that means the health of our program is great. We haven’t had no coaches looking to be poached for a minute! I’m not talking about them deciding to leave; I’m saying other programs looking to invade our coaching staff b/c of production. If Enos gets another gig, I’ll be fine w that.

Yes that was in the Herald.

I fully expect the offense to look like **** at times especially against teams with a decent DL. I’ll give him a year to settle the OL as there are no seniors that will be starting.

My one fear with him is he may go power run too often. I know he’s said he would cater to the personnel but every coach says that.

This year I’ll be happy with a significant statistical leap and me not being able to call the plays from my couch. I was around 90% last year with Richt it felt like.

2020 will be the year on offense as we should only lose (of significant contributors) Osbourne and maybe DJ/JT. We should return our entire OL and QB. That will be Enos time to really shine.
And we can only hope he sticks around one more year as we kick off with his former employer in 2021.

Yeah he has had NFL opportunities and passed on them. The guy loves coaching CFB, he aint leaving for the NFL. I think the only thing he would leave for is an HC opportunity unless we just suck and he loses faith in Manny.

Advertisement
We have the skill players without a doubt. We have the defense. If we could have an innovative OC and Qb coach, we could really have something. So far I like what I see.

I’m fine when our coaches r poached; that means the health of our program is great. We haven’t had no coaches looking to be poached for a minute! I’m not talking about them deciding to leave; I’m saying other programs looking to invade our coaching staff b/c of production. If Enos gets another gig, I’ll be fine w that.

I did hear the YMCA was sniffing around when Dorito was DC.

Advertisement
He won’t be here long term. Let’s enjoy him while we can. I predict he will be here 2 yrs. especially if in those 2 years he brings us back to national prominence. This is like his 14th job coaching I believe. So it’s not his norm to stay anywhere long term.

Him and his wife wanted to live in Miami. If dude was hunting for a H.C. gig that bad he'd have run Saban's offense with Tua for a championship and picked a job after that. He's not your average and says plainly: I don't do what people expect. Maybe he's content with being an OC at the University of Miami and raising his kids. There's more to life than football.

Last edited:
Crazy how Clemson can get a guy like venables to stay forever. I don’t think he’s ever even been connected to another HC job. I know they’re paying him a lot but he could still make more as a HC and also that doesn’t stop bama coaches from leaving every year.

Advertisement
Back