Enos: What happened to the movement?

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Enos started the game with pre-snap movement an realignment and then, for the most part, stopped. WHY? I strongly believe that we need that movement more than ever before with such a weak OL. We need movement throughout the all 4 quarters. We need to see pre-snap movement, realignment and overall creativity against UNC.

Advertisement
Enos started the game with pre-snap movement an realignment and then, for the most part, stopped. WHY? I strongly believe that we need that movement more than ever before with such a weak OL. We need movement throughout the all 4 quarters. We need to see pre-snap movement, realignment and overall creativity against UNC.

It’s a good question and it clearly had a lot to do with UF’s ability to generate a pass rush. I believe that once they got past the scripted plays, the recognition and communication was lacking and they had to pare things back a bit just to be able to get plays off without delay of game and false starts. That’s what I saw and my take, would love to hear what @Roman Marciante and @Lance Roffers and other X and O junkies saw/thought.

Totally agtlree. Smiling at all the pre snap movement. And then mid second quarter it stops. For the rest of the game

QB, C, LT, and RT basically all first-time players, and obviously first-time starters.

You can’t really expect them to be fast with the operation, especially on the road.

Everything was a tick slow. That can only be fixed with time.

First plays were scripted. It worked well, different ball game when the script runs out and you got to call a game live. I thought Enos did enough to win the game with his play calling. It was not a masterpiece by any means but it was enough.

Advertisement

There was plenty of pre-snap movement but unfortunately resulted in penalties for us.

Seriously though it may have been to simplify things for the offense.

This.

I can only imagine it is this. I was expecting an offense to efficiently motion, shift, and change personnel constantly with tons of time on the clock. I was expecting the QB to have an idea of where he was throwing before the snap. I was expecting 12 and 22 personnel with them shifting into spread looks out of that. I thought every play there would be a shift then motion and the defense’s reaction would almost dictate to Williams where he was going post snap.

Obviously I thought this offense was as simple as it was claimed to be. All the talk of “window dressing” simple plays and having easy reads and outlets fell apart quick.

Outside of the scripted first drive our best formation and personnel was the wildcat.

This can’t be the full install of the offense, it just can’t be. Right?
This.
At times during the game I was looking at the sidelines to remind myself Richt wasn't there. Because to my untrained eyes, it sure looked like nothing had changed especially during the second half. I was expecting innovative offense designed to mask our OL weakness and inexperience. There was none of that. Our QB was clapping like last year too. I thought we got rid of that!

It’s a good question and it clearly had a lot to do with UF’s ability to generate a pass rush. I believe that once they got past the scripted plays, the recognition and communication was lacking and they had to pare things back a bit just to be able to get plays off without delay of game and false starts. That’s what I saw and my take, would love to hear what @Roman Marciante and @Lance Roffers and other X and O junkies saw/thought.

Freshman tackles, first year starter at C, sophomore TEs, Harley and JT are the veterans of the WR unit, and all of them being led by a first time starter at QB in a hostile environment.

Enos was for sure hampered by that and made it near impossible for him to call anything near complicated. And all the penalties just reinforced he had a team that wasn't prepared for this type of game.

I hated what I saw in the second half, but I have strong hope it'll get better.

Do you think it might have something to do with O line not being disciplined up front and getting pre snap penalties at the beginning of the game?

I feel that’s about when motion was completely abandoned. To simplify and have less “noise” before the snap.. Well that and to deal with the constant pressure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys pack it up, our offense of freshman and sophomores in an away environment against an elite defense didn't look perfect.

There's no way but down.

Advertisement
The one thing I thought of while watching the game is that they are new also with the grad assistants. I was watching how quickly and efficiently, they got out the substitution pattern and the play call. Often they didn't break from the huddle until the clock was winding down. When backed against the end zone, there was a penalty for illegal substitution - 12 men breaking the huddle. There were wasted time outs because the play clock was about to expire.

Unless you're trying to run the clock out, letting the clock wind down doesn't give time for motion, gives less time to read the defense and allows the DL to anticipate the count. They know you have to snap it.

Cant use motion and shift when we were barely getting the snap off. It was the first game so we have a lot of things to work on. Gotta figure out how to get the calls in quicker. Plus Jarren has to make the guys move with more sense of urgency.

In regards to Enos's offense, there were no plays that wowed me, but at least he's not predictable. He should have called to roll outs to move the pocket, and used some quick throws in the second half.

He Stone age like our last oc

Advertisement
Back