Enos: What happened to the movement?

Advertisement
Very Sound point. That needs to get fixed immediately
I thought they would figured it out during halftime.It seem like the quick fix for the coaching staff was not to do it at all. Which goes against the idea of "looking complex but being simple".

It’s a good question and it clearly had a lot to do with UF’s ability to generate a pass rush. I believe that once they got past the scripted plays, the recognition and communication was lacking and they had to pare things back a bit just to be able to get plays off without delay of game and false starts. That’s what I saw and my take, would love to hear what @Roman Marciante and @Lance Roffers and other X and O junkies saw/thought.

I’ll give a pretty long breakdown of what I saw out there.

Florida changed to stunting us to death and they stopped the movement to try and obtain better communication is what I saw on first watch.

I wish we ran more mesh routes and used them as a primary read.

Our athletes - in theory - are so good and if we ran mesh and got these guys the ball in space on the run...I think wed have something special that could offset this work-in-progress OL. QB makes quick decision - BOOM - ball is out...playmakers making plays.

It’s a good question and it clearly had a lot to do with UF’s ability to generate a pass rush. I believe that once they got past the scripted plays, the recognition and communication was lacking and they had to pare things back a bit just to be able to get plays off without delay of game and false starts. That’s what I saw and my take, would love to hear what @Roman Marciante and @Lance Roffers and other X and O junkies saw/thought.

Trust us. Lance and I are behind the scenes comparing preliminary notes. From the perch should release Monday night or Tuesday morning. I specifically want to go through the game again but that early vs late game motion comparison is something I'll pay attention to.

There was some calls that seemed delayed getting in and some procedural penalties to boot. I thought the same on first glance. Seemed exotic early more settled in later. Need more to comment however before I fully engage on this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back