Enos wants to be an HC again

I say 3 seasons and he gets a HC opportunity, if he continues to turn Miami's offense around. Maybe even 2 if the results are dramatic. Like others have said, it's a good thing if this turns out to be the case. It means our offense will be a well-oiled machine and probably contending for the ACC at least.

Advertisement
I hope he takes a HC job somewhere but that Florida game on national TV is going to be a black eye. When you had all the chances in the world to score against Florida in short field and can't do it I don't think people will come looking for you. Bad first impression.

For now, but that will be forgotten quickly if he shows consistent results over a couple seasons.

I'd have less respect for him if he didn't want to

Also I never expected that he'd be here much more than two years anyway.

I hope manny is planning accordingly ....because the last thing we need is another new completely different offense anytime soon

That article is disingenuous & misrepresenting what he said. He's not going anywhere anytime soon..

Advertisement
I’m not going to care when he leaves if all we continue score is a little over 20 points against FBS level competition

Advertisement
He was specifically asked by the reporter why he stepped down as HC at Central Michigan and if he'd be interested in being a HC again. Why would he say no?

I'd have less respect for him if he didn't want to

Also I never expected that he'd be here much more than two years anyway.

I hope manny is planning accordingly ....because the last thing we need is another new completely different offense anytime soon

Ok, so it's still early into the season for me to say ENOS will have any power 5 head coaching offers. However, I will agree with OP's post that if ENOS were to succeed and consistently improve this will eventually happen. Good news, is that Manny won't be blindsided by Enos leaving and we should be confident that Manny and the administration will see this coming.

Now, if or after this happens I would be totally against hiring anyone inhouse that we currently staff. That said, I won't commit to one sole coach but I would certainly give Ken Dorsey an interview for the job. Another coach I'm looking to reach out too is Warren Ruggiero from Wake Forest which has great experience and success. I can go on with a list of coaches but I'll just mention that this next hire for Manny will be a crucial one to both recruiting and the future for Miami.

Ask every one of our assistants and their answer will be the same. They all aspire to be a HC one day. Nothing really earth shattering here.

This take makes no sense considering he was offered the bama oc job and that job the last couple of coordinator hires have netted head coaching jobs in its own right. See lane kiffen and mike locksley
Yes and No. Alabama's offensive prowess has unfortunately has been long established. Maybe Enos's ego is such that it says yeah you can stay in bama and succeed, but wouldn't it be something to go resurrect a failing offense at a struggling legendary program.

Advertisement
Want the offensive version of bud foster.
Just stay dude. It’s nice down here.

We loss two games that we could have won. I don't care about any coach leaving this staff; we clearly need improvement so change is needed.

The reason he came to Miami is because he wants be a head coach. If he can turn around one of the worst offensive teams in the country (which he has already done), he can get a good head coaching job.
He could have did that at bama and quicker. After one year at bama as oc he probably would have got a hc job if he really wanted one that badly. Probably the same if he went to uga.

Advertisement
Unless he has a BIG donor on his corner I don't think he will be a hot name on MSU list if Dantoni gets canned after this season. He probably will need another year to have his system flourishing at UM.

Unless he has a BIG donor on his corner I don't think he will be a hot name on MSU list if Dantoni gets canned after this season. He probably will need another year to have his system flourishing at UM.
He wouldn't. Dude isn't some young upcoming coach. He has been around and has been a oc and a hc before.

orange&green84 said:
LSU looks **** scary right now. Offense was always their weakness. Not anymore.

It the same players and OC from last year they decided to change their mindset to more of a spread offense approach.

I think it's more that the LSU players are fully comfortable with the new system and executing it much better and using it to full capacity

I hope that also happens with us.

Advertisement
Back