Enos on Martell progress, splitting reps, and adding intricacies pre-snap

I did. Thanks for asking.
Kosi made the clap famous..... and SLOWWWWWW
My comment was only based off the clap going away.
Kosi struggles processing. He takes a long time to read the defense hence the slow clap
Jarren and Tate will read the defense quicker... IMO.
Glad to see the clap go away!
Yes we will see some real pro style quarterbacking. I don't care who wins the job, but I'm not downing Perry based on last year. Everyone acts like last year was Perry's ceiling and ready to move on. Truth be told we don't know what any of the QBs can do in this new system, but we get to find out.

Advertisement
They WILL NOT be close to naming the starter for quarterback after spring practice. It ain’t happening.

Here is what you have to remember, forget everything else:

“...the biggest development will occur will be from April 20 until we report in July....They’re going to have to do a lot of that in the off-season on their own.”

My guess is the guy that ends up being the starting quarterback is the one that puts in the most work in learning the system, and improving his skills during this crucial period between the end of spring practice and the start of July practice . Make no mistake about it. It’s all about how much work they each want to put in.
Your right. It won't happen until at least 1 week before the game. If I'm Manny, I don't announce until game time. I let the reporters in only during throwing drills. There is no need to tip your hand to UF. Let them prepare for all 3 QBs. That will give us an advantage.

Florida will have to prepare for 3 QBs and a completely new offense. They'll be looking at Alabama video trying to figure out who and what we will do. If we execute, we should have a huge advantage against them at least in the 1st half.

Last edited:
How does a coach become a worse coach over the years? I saw how bad Richt's offense was, but experience should enhance your offensive knowledge. I have a lot of confidence Enos will give us the offensive sets, motion and level of complexity we've wanted/needed for a many years. IRS should bill baby Richt for the full salary he was "given" last year. Just another example of privileged shame.

At one time the VCR was state of the art, Richt remained that in the era of Netflix

I was actually stunned by how fast and how much the game had passed him by

Your right. It won't happen until at least 1 week before the game. If I'm Manny, I don't announce until game time. I let the reporters in only during throwing drills. There is no need to tip your hand to UF. Let them prepare for all 3 QBs. That will give us an advantage.

Bingo. Everything Manny has done up to this point makes me think he will wait until first possession against UF to tip his QB1 hand. Dude will do anything it seems to gain a competitive advantage. Which he should.

Advertisement
I haven’t read any articles that said there was a depth chart at QB or even a pecking order. On a side note, you guys put a ton of stock in these articles from reporters who watch a very limited amount of practice..

Also, I’m starting to get the inkling k9cane doesn’t like Richt...

Did you even read the article? Enos said Martell was inaccurate because of hesitation. There is no mention of Perry here. From all the newspaper articles I read, Martell is 3rd string based on performance. That's the observation from reporters at the practices.
All the articles about 4 practices. Really, did you hurt your eyes with all the reading?

Bingo. Everything Manny has done up to this point makes me think he will wait until first possession against UF to tip his QB1 hand. Dude will do anything it seems to gain a competitive advantage. Which he should.

Mind games, secret playbooks, keeping the QB a secret..This reminds me of the infamous "We arent going to show everything in the playbook we have until ACC play starts" BS talk I use to hear back when....that is all well and good but we need somebody to practice like the starter at some point so that the offensive players have a chemistry with that QB. Are we wanting Manny to play this game with all the rest of the positions up for grabs?

This is the UF game not FAMU. (love my alma mater but still) I don't want him naming the starter now, but he needs to name one at least a few weeks before the UF game IMO.

(Insert the "Saban didn't name a QB until the day of the opening game last year!" crowd. Yeah yeah. Everyone knew Tua was QB1. Even Hurts.)

I'm just the messenger. Jarren and Kosi have performed better to this point from what I have read. Sorry, if if I hurt your feelings with your lovefest for Martell.

Another clown remark from you.

Find one single post where I show love to Martell.

You just have it in your mushy-brained head that Martell is third string so you’re making shlt up about some report you made up in your head. Show me where anybody has said he is third string. You can’t.

The love fest I’m going to have, it’s for the guy that’s named the starter. Whoever that is.

Advertisement
I think we will know who the starter is by early-Aug. We will hear who is getting the reps and who is not. May not name a starter at that time, but we will certainly have an idea.

Another clown remark from you.

Find one single post where I show love to Martell.

You just have it in your mushy-brained head that Martell is third string so you’re making shlt up about some report you made up in your head. Show me where anybody has said he is third string. You can’t.

The love fest I’m going to have, it’s for the guy that’s named the starter. Whoever that is.
View attachment 82546
Who are you? Some name calling POS that ****es on what anyone else has to say. Keep it moving!!!! I'm not going to waste my time searching thru the Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel to find the QUOTE I read days ago just for you. I know what I read. Take your soft *** hurt feelings elsewhere.

I don't care who wins the QB battle. Further, it has o ly been a handful of practices. The job will be won in Fall camp.

Who are you? Some name calling POS that ****es on what anyone else has to say. Keep it moving!!!! I'm not going to waste my time searching thru the Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel to find the QUOTE I read days ago just for you. I know what I read. Take your soft *** hurt feelings elsewhere.

I don't care who wins the QB battle. Further, it has o ly been a handful of practices. The job will be won in Fall camp.

“Third string” LOL

They WILL NOT be close to naming the starter for quarterback after spring practice. It ain’t happening.

“...the biggest development will occur will be from April 20 until we report in July....They’re going to have to do a lot of that in the off-season on their own.”

My guess is the guy that ends up being the starting quarterback is the one that puts in the most work in learning the system, and improving his skills during this crucial period between the end of spring practice and the start of July practice . Make no mistake about it. It’s all about how much work they each want to put in.

I’m wondering if we have a starting caliber QBno now. Hearing Tate has problems like that dashes my hopes.

Advertisement
I’m wondering if we have a starting caliber QBno now. Hearing Tate has problems like that dashes my hopes.

We probably don’t have one right now. The hope is all three work their asses off between the end of spring practice and the start of practice in July, and that somebody emerges before the Florida game.

The more I read the quotes from the coaches and watch videos, listen on the radio, etc, the more I become ****ed at Coach Mork. Nearly every interview contains at least subtleties letting us know how bad the offensive coaching was last year. For the Richt lovers, I'm not saying this as a Richt hater, but obvious is obvious. Players have *nicely* gotten the message out as well as the coaches. I am not smart enough to know if our record will be better right away although I think it will be. What I do know is Diaz, Enos and company "get it". Truly believe our players are finally getting the right information disseminated in the best possible way.

Advertisement
Mind games, secret playbooks, keeping the QB a secret..This reminds me of the infamous "We arent going to show everything in the playbook we have until ACC play starts" BS talk I use to hear back when....that is all well and good but we need somebody to practice like the starter at some point so that the offensive players have a chemistry with that QB. Are we wanting Manny to play this game with all the rest of the positions up for grabs?

This is the UF game not FAMU. (love my alma mater but still) I don't want him naming the starter now, but he needs to name one at least a few weeks before the UF game IMO.

(Insert the "Saban didn't name a QB until the day of the opening game last year!" crowd. Yeah yeah. Everyone knew Tua was QB1. Even Hurts.)

I hear you but I didn’t say he shouldn’t decide on QB1, just that he may not want to come out publically with it. Agreed we want our starter getting starter reps to develop chemistry.

But it seems like this staff has done a pretty good job eliminating leaks. Whether Manny could name a starter to the team a few weeks before UF and it not getting out, well that remains to be seen I guess. But won’t all the fall practices be closed? Feel like something like this has been done before. Could be off base here though so feel free to correct me.

Spot on. The one with the most desire and fire in him will put enough focus and tremendous effort to be much better is the one with the best chance to win the starting job.

I agree. We need to have QB1 well established a few weeks before UF. The team needs to concretely know who is the leader so that chemistry can be built...

Advertisement
Back