Enos - In his own words

So 1st of all... What is our history when it comes to coaches.... "Good vs Bad"?
When we do well, typically our coaches don't last....we suck right now.

7-6 =. Suck... In regards to UM standards

So at this point we are where we were when Shannon took the helm, or Golden, or Richt... For that matter

I think Manny has been a part of lots of different programs...i mean before the disaster of a finale he had at UTexas. those people praised him, and many had already motioned for him to replace Mack Brown (in a coaching tree, sort-of-way) What difference a season can make? He was shunned by so many that he caught an SEC gig... Oh and by the way, let's consider whoe he was up against.

Diaz came to Miami, he came home. He built one of the best defenses in the country.... (LETS DON'T FORGET THE PART HE PLAYED IN WILLIS COMING TO MIAMI). Diaz pulled a boss move, this guy bluffed a hand that only he could win.
There's a part of me that believes he was going to stay UM regardless, than there's a part of me that doesn't give a **** because, well, it is what is it, RIGHT?

So this guy still has to win a game, but I'm tired of asking questions, either it's do or die in Miami....but I guess that has been the culture from day 1!

It this goes beyond football... DIAZ!
DO OR DIE,
HAVE SUCCESS OR BE JUDGED!

Coach Diaz, this is your shot.

Willis was already at Miami when Richt and company got here.

Advertisement
He's all in and so am I! It's time to eat! Go Canes!

IF and it’s a HUGE DESK “ IF “ we can get all the transfers we need including a QB and our players buy into this new mindset wholeheartedly the Gators better 👀 out .

They’ll have no film to study for preparing nothing to gauge us by NOTHING.

All this put together makes CANES very very dangerous and we can FEED.

Again this is a HUGE DESK ... IF here , if we can do this OMG.

I don’t call this Koolaide at all we know now what needs to be done.

LETS DO THIS AND IF ALL HOLDS TRUE.... LETS FEED

GOCANES

Advertisement
He's all in and so am I! It's time to eat! Go Canes!
It's all coach talk, that's what they do. What do you expect him to say - you can listen to any new coaching hire and you're going
to get the same thing. Just like the coach who recruits you to school "A" gets fired or takes a another job at school "B" and he's
now recruiting you to go there. There's no loyalty in coaching, and you're a fool if you think there is. Three weeks ago this guy had
probably never had a conversation longer than 10 minutes with Manny Diaz ever, now he is sold. Would rather just see them come in,
do their job, and cut out all the BS

All good. Didn't know if you thought differently. I think we're gonna need to use the portal to fill some gaps for now. Win some games and then get back to recruiting as we should.

I’m getting worried that the same bag men will start contacting kids who show out at other schools, and start”recruiting” them all over again.

Richt was hired after 2015 season
Diaz and CMR convinced GW3 to come to Miami the summer of 16

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...lis-iii-hopes-to-shed-florida-gators-baggage/

From the article:

"When the Willis transfer was announced in February, UM coach Al Golden said the program’s background check determined Willis’ problems largely stemmed from “immaturity and things of that nature,” and were “nothing he’s not going to [overcome].”

Advertisement
Here’s what I think happened. I think we offered a **** ton more money than the competition was offering, and he couldn’t refuse. I think we likely paid considerably over market value, and Saban and Smart are probably on the phone with each other having a good laugh about how us dumb****s way overpaid for an OC.

Comment doesn't make sense. They're not dealing with some type of salary cap. If they think the coach is a good Coach, then the dollar amount is irrelevant.

Here’s what I think happened. I think we offered a **** ton more money than the competition was offering, and he couldn’t refuse. I think we likely paid considerably over market value, and Saban and Smart are probably on the phone with each other having a good laugh about how us dumb****s way overpaid for an OC.

You were outed as a gator on the "gator tears " thread last year. I get it you thought the game in August would be a cakewalk Richt and now that's all changed.

It's ok to be scared

He seems to be a gentleman who puts morals and family ahead of everything else.
Diaz probably came to him man to man and said hey, your offense was one of the toughest I faced when I coached in the SEC. I can imagine what you can do with Miami Talent which is some of the best in the Country. You will have free range to do whatever you want and make this team into an aggressive offensive unit just like I did with the Defense.

Then they talked about offensive philosophies and off the field stuff and changing of the (offensive) culture and he fell in love with the idea of heading to Miami.

Saban is a rigid old ******* who probably said you want to leave go ahead Do what you think is best for your family and future.

The end.

Advertisement

And I am sure you are the same person that would complain that we never open the pocket book to get a real OC if we lost him to GA or AL. Nice to play both sides of the fence.

On one hand, you think we overpaid the "market value", and the other hand, if we paid someone lower then we did for Enos, you'll say "why they didn't spend the funds for a better OC"

Keep trolling. Carry on.

As has been mentioned, I think Miami was the only OC option offering total control.

UGA was definitely a Co-OC position with Coley. Maybe Bama would have been the same?

Whatever the case ... Quality of life matters in these coaching decisions. They’re making big money at P5 schools. So, where you live and where your family wants to be matters.

He was going to be the alpha at both those schools, but they can afford another high level P5 coordinator as an assistant so why wouldn't they? At Miami, Enos will get all the credit when he takes us from 77th(S&P+) to like 30th in the first year.

Advertisement
its a great interview to listen to. he indeed passed on the bama OC position for Miami. Seems the challenged, connection with MD and family considerations weighed into it.

It's all coach talk, that's what they do. What do you expect him to say - you can listen to any new coaching hire and you're going
to get the same thing. Just like the coach who recruits you to school "A" gets fired or takes a another job at school "B" and he's
now recruiting you to go there. There's no loyalty in coaching, and you're a fool if you think there is. Three weeks ago this guy had
probably never had a conversation longer than 10 minutes with Manny Diaz ever, now he is sold. Would rather just see them come in,
do their job, and cut out all the BS
No ish, thanks for posting.

Advertisement
Back