Enos - In his own words

We always are quick to assume we approach every situation from coaching hires to recruits from a position of weakness (and for the last 15 years rightly so!). But **** I wanna believe we just decided to jump in with the big boys and grab a coach from the elite program in the country! And maybe, just maybe got a W for the program! Naive? Probably so. But **** it 🙌

Advertisement
Those are actually surprising words I'd use relentlessly for the next 4 weeks on the recruiting trail. We're not going to do crazy things or beat any bags, but we might snag a couple helpful players who also buy into this "vision."

At Alabaga, he could have done his best job ever and reason will be because of Saban and all the 5 star players. Fvck that, come to Miami and turn this chit show of an offense in to winner (which should not be hard to do) and you look like the second coming. Get paid well also, but what he can do here at UM far outweighs anything he can do at Bama. All OC's at Baga are expected to succeed. Come here and turn this mess around, you have done something impressive. I am all in on Enos!

One thing for sure, at Miami he has a very good chance in improving his stock greatly by turning Miami offense around and put Miami back in the NC conversation. At Alabama, it is all about Saban where he takes all the credit and none of the blame. Plus, Alabama is already like a dynasty so there is not much room upwards to take credit for. He can take some credit for Miami resurgence. Alabama is an assistants' carousel where assistants come and go and Alabama is still Alabama.

Advertisement
Those are actually surprising words I'd use relentlessly for the next 4 weeks on the recruiting trail. We're not going to do crazy things or beat any bags, but we might snag a couple helpful players who also buy into this "vision."
You expect us to do something unusual and flip a bunch of kids, @troyskiles?
Sorry, didn't mean dumb emoji, just didn't understand (confused). I got you know. Hey, we can only hope.

LPelas2.gif

Here’s what I think happened. I think we offered a **** ton more money than the competition was offering, and he couldn’t refuse. I think we likely paid considerably over market value, and Saban and Smart are probably on the phone with each other having a good laugh about how us dumb****s way overpaid for an OC.
Likely, given Miami's long history of overpaying for coaches and assistants. 😏

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's all in and so am I! It's time to eat! Go Canes!
So 1st of all... What is our history when it comes to coaches.... "Good vs Bad"?
When we do well, typically our coaches don't last....we suck right now.

7-6 =. Suck... In regards to UM standards

So at this point we are where we were when Shannon took the helm, or Golden, or Richt... For that matter

I think Manny has been a part of lots of different programs...i mean before the disaster of a finale he had at UTexas. those people praised him, and many had already motioned for him to replace Mack Brown (in a coaching tree, sort-of-way) What difference a season can make? He was shunned by so many that he caught an SEC gig... Oh and by the way, let's consider whoe he was up against.

Diaz came to Miami, he came home. He built one of the best defenses in the country.... (LETS DON'T FORGET THE PART HE PLAYED IN WILLIS COMING TO MIAMI). Diaz pulled a boss move, this guy bluffed a hand that only he could win.
There's a part of me that believes he was going to stay UM regardless, than there's a part of me that doesn't give a **** because, well, it is what is it, RIGHT?

So this guy still has to win a game, but I'm tired of asking questions, either it's do or die in Miami....but I guess that has been the culture from day 1!

It this goes beyond football... DIAZ!
DO OR DIE,
HAVE SUCCESS OR BE JUDGED!

Coach Diaz, this is your shot.

Here’s what I think happened. I think we offered a **** ton more money than the competition was offering, and he couldn’t refuse. I think we likely paid considerably over market value, and Saban and Smart are probably on the phone with each other having a good laugh about how us dumb****s way overpaid for an OC.
Yea and Saban probably laughed at Clemson paying Venables 2mil to stop him from scoring, look how that turned out.

Tuscaloosa is not a place you live, it’s a place you pass through.
If you gotta go just open your car door and **** anywhere.
Place is a red & white, mammoth’s shythole full of ruhtards.
1547271589701.gif

1547271676064.gif

Advertisement
Yea! Come and make the acc better coach enos! He see his opportunity to help change our conference to rival the sec. we gotta do our part. Clemson way ahead of us but we comin!

One thing for sure, at Miami he has a very good chance in improving his stock greatly by turning Miami offense around and put Miami back in the NC conversation. At Alabama, it is all about Saban where he takes all the credit and none of the blame. Plus, Alabama is already like a dynasty so there is not much room upwards to take credit for. He can take some credit for Miami resurgence. Alabama is an assistants' carousel where assistants come and go and Alabama is still Alabama.

I don't know about NC conversations. Far fetch. I do know if he turns this offense around this will open a lot of HC doors for Enos.

As has been mentioned, I think Miami was the only OC option offering total control.

UGA was definitely a Co-OC position with Coley. Maybe Bama would have been the same?

Whatever the case ... Quality of life matters in these coaching decisions. They’re making big money at P5 schools. So, where you live and where your family wants to be matters.

Advertisement
Back