Enos Blocks Manny Navarro

On paper though Enos wasnt necessarily a bad hire. He was supposedly doing good work on an elite team. There are probably a dozen posts of mine that say almost no one gets it perfect on their first round of hires, the key is to get it right as you go, such is life when you hire unqualified HCs. Enos was a mistake, but on paper it made sense, where Manny arguably f*cked up more was giving Baker the keys to the defense. Maybe Miami has a few more wins if Manny keeps the D for the year, Saban sure as **** took his time to give Kirby the keys.

All of these actions by Enos scream packing up your desk. Even his liked posts are all about redemption and new opportunities and stuff. Lets get Enos out of here and Barry too. And for the love of god get Chad Morris as OC and Steve Addazio to come fix this dumpster fire because Manny beat Pitt, FSU & Louisville in consecutive weeks... which is enough for Miami admin to grasp at straws.

This noffense scored 17 against CMU at home, 7 points through 3 quarters against UVA at home. Awful at Pitt. Awful at Duke. You gotta score points in college football. Good college football teams light up the scoreboard. Not force your defense to play mistake free to win games. Got no energy for what the defense could've done when that offense got shutout by FIU at the half and was a Hail Mary away from being shut out at home in the first half by VT.

Advertisement
This noffense scored 17 against CMU at home, 7 points through 3 quarters against UVA at home. Awful at Pitt. Awful at Duke. You gotta score points in college football. Good college football teams light up the scoreboard. Not force your defense to play mistake free to win games. Got no energy for what the defense could've done when that offense got shutout by FIU at the half and was a Hail Mary away from being shut out at home in the first half by VT.
I dont disagree... I'm just saying the O was out of Manny's hands the second he hired Enos... on paper it was an okay hire.

I remember watching Saban micro-manage Kiffin in those seasons when he was the OC at Alabma. Why can't Manny do that now? Force the issue, override play calls during the game, show who is running the game plan, etc. This deference to coordinators is BS. ****, Belichik yet again has no DC this season. He has to know what will work / what the offensive players' strengths are, as a defensive minded coach, watching practice all day all week etc. What, if anything, do they adjust day to day and week to week? Isn't that the key to all sports? Making the adjustment? Baffled by it all season, and going back years now. What the F did they have to lose to just roll out something different? So frustrated.

Who has Enos recruited besides Van Dyke at QB? And if Van Dyke is really that tied to Enos he'll transfer anyways after Enos is fired.

Need to get rid of him now

Matocha. He was targeted by Enos.

Advertisement
Enos has completely went over the edge. He's done. Manny will wait til after early signing period and the bowl game.....but he's gone. His actions are the actions of a man desperate and about to be unemployed.
Please God I hope you're right.

On paper though Enos wasnt necessarily a bad hire. He was supposedly doing good work on an elite team. There are probably a dozen posts of mine that say almost no one gets it perfect on their first round of hires, the key is to get it right as you go, such is life when you hire unqualified HCs. Enos was a mistake, but on paper it made sense, where Manny arguably f*cked up more was giving Baker the keys to the defense. Maybe Miami has a few more wins if Manny keeps the D for the year, Saban sure as **** took his time to give Kirby the keys.

All of these actions by Enos scream packing up your desk. Even his liked posts are all about redemption and new opportunities and stuff. Lets get Enos out of here and Barry too. And for the love of god get Chad Morris as OC and Steve Addazio to come fix this dumpster fire because Manny beat Pitt, FSU & Louisville in consecutive weeks... which is enough for Miami admin to grasp at straws.

On paper to you and me it appeared to be an ok hire. But Diaz has lots of other info to go on, like an actual interview where they discuss O strategy...seriously WTF did they talk about??? Did Enos straight up lie to this fool about what he was going to run? Was Diaz looking for this type of offense?? Does Diaz understand offense at all??? What exactly did Diaz expect to see from the O?

Seems maybe Diaz doesn't even know what he's looking for. He did the same thing we did, "well he came from Bama so maybe hes aight?", except he's the HC! I get not all hires work out but man Enos looks like to be proven a terrible hire all around. Has to be GONE

Advertisement
On paper to you and me it appeared to be an ok hire. But Diaz has lots of other info to go on, like an actual interview where they discuss O strategy...seriously WTF did they talk about??? Did Enos straight up lie to this fool about what o he was going to run? Was Diaz looking for this type of offense?? Does Diaz understand offense at all??? What exactly did Diaz expect to see from the O?

Seems maybe Diaz doesn't even know what he's looking for. He did the same thing we did, "well he came from Bama so maybe hes aight?", except he's the HC! I get not all hires work out but man Enos looks like to be proven a terrible fit all around. Has to be GONE
Alabama's O was tearing it up. Enos probably told him he could replicate that in Miami. I mean, you gotta give Enos some credit, it took balls to move to from Tua & Waddle & Juedy, etc to Miami and bet on himself. Catastrophic failure though.

Advertisement
He’s either gone or has been told the bowl will be his last. He blocked media members who he’s paid to speak to weekly

***** the bowl game! Dude needs to be standing in the unemployment line, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After all, one of his offensive assistants can't do any worse then the current OC. But then again, they are HIS chosen assistants. Yikes.

Why would Diaz wait till after signing day? No one else is holding back from firing coaches due to signing day. Fire him and hire a good OC before signing day and let that coach get on the road and sell his vision to the current commits and any one on the fence. We're 6-6 let Cooney call plays in the bowl game. Who cares?

Agree. Why not let a new OC have some say on who his players will be?

He’s either gone or has been told the bowl will be his last. He blocked media members who he’s paid to speak to weekly
Makes you wonder how the next presser is gonna go. Unless there isn't one.

Realistically, it's the only way Manny can save his ***. I honestly believe this is his dream job and that he wants to succeed. If he's smart enough to make the necessary changes he may pull his fat out of the fryer.

Advertisement
Thats whack af. I always defend the coaches until last minute but this is some ***** *** ****

Why would you "always defend" them?

I respect that you don't side with angry mobs, I'm the same way...But always defending them is no better than always blaming them.

***** the bowl game! Dude needs to be standing in the unemployment line, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After all, one of his offensive assistants can't do any worse then the current OC. But then again, they are HIS chosen assistants. Yikes.

***** the bowl game is easy for us to say but a young coach wants a winning bow record and the school and conference want the bowl money. Manny can’t let his next OC hire a bunch of young underlings who can’t call plays in the their absence

who is hiring OC's right now? Name a team that is rumored to hire an offensive coordinator right now? No one is. Head coaches are still evaluating their staffs. ****, ADs

If Manny wants to go to a true spread offense and fire Enos, maybe Van Dyke isn't the QB that Miami needs to run the offense.

please tell me you're kidding??

van dyke is the mot talented QB we've recruited since forever.

I only say that because I've seen him play in person twice, and know one of his coaches. ask roman. he'll tell you the same: TVD could be QB1 next year. regardless of who's the OC.

I don’t understand this comment. You don’re hire people from paper. You interview them, assess them, talk to references ... you go BEYOND the paper. Or, you’re supposed to, anyhow.

Enos was a bad hire. No excuses. This ‘supposedly’ doing good work ... he wasn’t their OC, and plenty of people just on this board smoked him out before he had been here 3 days. If they could figure it out from paper and desktop research, no pass for Manny getting it wrong.

Advertisement
Back