Enos, Baker evaluate team, breakdown film after loss to UNC

Advertisement
Yeah these guys just aren’t going to get it done here. Everything is sunshine & roses. Well guys what we’re 0-2. Positives my ***. We can’t score touchdowns & our defense looks like ****.

With that outfit he looks like he's ready to go hunting alligators and kangaroos out in the Australian bush. Maybe he's getting ready to go out on vacation and the season got in the way.

Seriously baker? They didn’t execute the call but did earlier in the game? Really? Why is that? Maybe you call a zone blitz in the 1st quarter... not 4th and 17! The conversion was 100% on you not putting players in position to make a play. That’s on you... don’t blame players.

Do OCs blame the offensive line if we call a draw on 4th and goal and don’t score? Dumb ones do, people that get fired do... you are a clown. No DC at any level calls a complicated defensive play on 4th and 17.

Love Diaz and Enos but Baker has to go. This is like a Golden all over again...
Clearly on 4th &17 the protection was different than in the 1st quarter. NC kept 6 into block on the play. I will say it again you drop 8 to sticks to defend that play against 3 receivers. What was the result we didnt execute. surprise!

Advertisement
I love when a coach is praising players who were abused all night start to finish when asked to cover just a little bit of space

Advertisement
Baker sounds ******* delusional in every single one of his quotes.

Yeah I'm with you on this... I've read his comments and had double check to make sure I was reading it correctly. Its almost as if he's not watching the same game.

But blaming his players on not executing bad play-calling is a joke. His defensive playcalling should be revoked. His job is to put kids in the right position to succeed. Its HIS JOB.

Blake is on some good ****. Knowles did a great job, the pass rush is beginning to hit its stride, and Quarterman played great. LOL

ROFL, they have a weekend pass rotation, last week it was coach diaz and enos taking the first hit, when they both were trying to justify and give credit to transfer tates importance on deejay dallas touchdown run, never mind the man had to break 5 tackles to get to the endzone, and never mind he's been scoring these type of touchdowns since his freshman year! And it doesnt take a forensic chemist to know that coach enos had to be high against the gaytors, you see the young tackles getting bulldozed all game, and jarren not stepping up in the pockect, but you still calling for 5 and 7 step drops with playaction, lol.

So now we see blake baker found they stash, cause against Unc, if we go a simple cover 2 defense on that 4th & 17, or any of those bombs, but particularly knowing full well most oc's dont Trust young qb's throwing over the middle, cover 2 would've forced that young qb to have to make a play inside the numbers, and than it would've been a throw that had to be floated over the linebackers taking deep drops, or a throw that would've been short of the sticks only to hope that the Unc guy made a play.

The tecmo bowl defensive play call didnt work, it's 4th and 17, they not calling a draw play, we got more people coming after the qb than in pass coverage, that was the time to get all the top pass rushers on the field, and got with 1 linebacker, bring in romeo and frierson, but that might be to complicated for blake!

Blake is on some good ****. Knowles did a great job, the pass rush is beginning to hit its stride, and Quarterman played great. LOL

I want some of that ****Blake!!! I've left him several messages....willing to pay extra Blake!!

Man, you gotta share some of that **** with the rest of us!!

My **** still let's me see ALL of the F'ing flaws......I just want to be happy after losses like you Blake

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seriously baker? They didn’t execute the call but did earlier in the game? Really? Why is that? Maybe you call a zone blitz in the 1st quarter... not 4th and 17! The conversion was 100% on you not putting players in position to make a play. That’s on you... don’t blame players.

Do OCs blame the offensive line if we call a draw on 4th and goal and don’t score? Dumb ones do, people that get fired do... you are a clown. No DC at any level calls a complicated defensive play on 4th and 17.

Love Diaz and Enos but Baker has to go. This is like a Golden all over again...

Yeah; he gave me an D’No feel w that comment. 1st, if u ran that SAME EXACT PLAY EARLIER, then shame on u. The formation was the same, meaning u showed ur hand, u idiot, and u got burned this time as that formation was already seen.

Second, u can’t say that u take responsibility, but then say at the end of the day, all 11 players have to be on the same page. Then, that means u don’t take responsibility & u r blaming players.

I’m not sure when we had an accountable coaching staff. The whole, “it starts w me” but then proceed to weasel your way out by saying players have to be on the same page, or player A didn’t execute the play call is bull chit.

Like Enos calling that bum *** game against UF w those delayed route runs and now Baker calling a bull chit Zone Blitz on a 4th & 17....I’m not too keen on the abilities of this staff. Just own it; I would feel much better w that. But now I see why some in this fan base make so many excuses; it’s because of buying what these coaching staffs say. Baker used the whole “young secondary” as another excuse for his failed play call. NO!! It failed b/c the play call was chitty!

I’m not doing this chit anymore. I expect nothing from this team until we get some real coaching staff members v. graduated GA’s, fresh from HS football, and G5 classified staff members.

ROFL, they have a weekend pass rotation, last week it was coach diaz and enos taking the first hit, when they both were trying to justify and give credit to transfer tates importance on deejay dallas touchdown run, never mind the man had to break 5 tackles to get to the endzone, and never mind he's been scoring these type of touchdowns since his freshman year! And it doesnt take a forensic chemist to know that coach enos had to be high against the gaytors, you see the young tackles getting bulldozed all game, and jarren not stepping up in the pockect, but you still calling for 5 and 7 step drops with playaction, lol.

So now we see blake baker found they stash, cause against Unc, if we go a simple cover 2 defense on that 4th & 17, or any of those bombs, but particularly knowing full well most oc's dont Trust young qb's throwing over the middle, cover 2 would've forced that young qb to have to make a play inside the numbers, and than it would've been a throw that had to be floated over the linebackers taking deep drops, or a throw that would've been short of the sticks only to hope that the Unc guy made a play.

The tecmo bowl defensive play call didnt work, it's 4th and 17, they not calling a draw play, we got more people coming after the qb than in pass coverage, that was the time to get all the top pass rushers on the field, and got with 1 linebacker, bring in romeo and frierson, but that might be to complicated for blake!

I know we had beef before during Richt’s tenure, but man if this isn’t one of the best post. Welcome brethren. Lol. Spot on

LMAO maybe I don't know **** but I thought Shaq was god awful.

He was. He had that one blitz sack, in which he actually kinda missed the tackle, but it was other pressure that combined on the tackle. Other than that, he was constantly out of position or just too slow to react

Advertisement
I know we had beef before during Richt’s tenure, but man if this isn’t one of the best post. Welcome brethren. Lol. Spot on

No, you like your bretheren had a problem with coach richt, although the success he had here in 3 short years cant be denied but for some reason yall want to. So now that coach richt is gone, cause with coach richt here, recruiting real talent to UM had been stabilized and on the level that UM should be recruiting at, the decommitmennts, so what, the ones who committed elsewhere, so what, many coaches in college football would luv to have a brevin jordan, deejay dallas, cam davis, perry, jw15 and jt4 problem, with guys in the hole in lingard, pope, payton, hodges and mallory. Add in wiggins and hightower, we not doing bad, not getting t.j. jones i still think was a mistake, but oh well. And that's just on offense, so now that yall got your wish of coach richt not being here, many can say whatever it is that sounds good and True, but without him having on field succcess, cause his resume right now as a headcoach is 0 & 2, was in position to win both games and we didnt get it done, and unlike when coach richt took over, their is much more overall team talent, at worst we should be 1 & 1, uf we go in that gaytor game or Unc game with coach richt as the headcoach, we're probably 2 & 0 right now, coach diaz not out headcoaching mack brown or mullen.

No matter how last season went, coach richt's resume speaks for itself, he was weeding out the softness in this team,but people wanted to blast him for how he was handling the crybabies. Now you hear manny saying things like, "we need to find out who the Miami guys are" or "we got some guys who are not Miami guys". So coach richt gave jt4 the "bye felicia" treatment, coach diaz brings em back, and as of right now, all he did was help contribute to the gaytor game lost, by dropping the punt, and dropping a potential game winning touchdown, and his route wasnt the best, but i like the fact that he said he was looking forward to playing against c.j., so you gotta make that play!

Point being, coach richt would've hired a better d-co than blake baker, who may end up being a decent d-co, but as of right now, im not seeing nothing special from him. I'm seeing to many of the same obvious tired blitzes is what im seeing. So coach diaz biggest challenge is going to be what type of season we are going to have, saying things like "this team has to learn how to win" well the coaches definitely need to learn how to coach to win. That fake punt by the gaytors was the biggest play of the game in my opinion, cause it showed the coaches werent ready and assuming!

No, you like your bretheren had a problem with coach richt, although the success he had here in 3 short years cant be denied but for some reason yall want to. So now that coach richt is gone, cause with coach richt here, recruiting real talent to UM had been stabilized and on the level that UM should be recruiting at, the decommitmennts, so what, the ones who committed elsewhere, so what, many coaches in college football would luv to have a brevin jordan, deejay dallas, cam davis, perry, jw15 and jt4 problem, with guys in the hole in lingard, pope, payton, hodges and mallory. Add in wiggins and hightower, we not doing bad, not getting t.j. jones i still think was a mistake, but oh well. And that's just on offense, so now that yall got your wish of coach richt not being here, many can say whatever it is that sounds good and True, but without him having on field succcess, cause his resume right now as a headcoach is 0 & 2, was in position to win both games and we didnt get it done, and unlike when coach richt took over, their is much more overall team talent, at worst we should be 1 & 1, uf we go in that gaytor game or Unc game with coach richt as the headcoach, we're probably 2 & 0 right now, coach diaz not out headcoaching mack brown or mullen.

No matter how last season went, coach richt's resume speaks for itself, he was weeding out the softness in this team,but people wanted to blast him for how he was handling the crybabies. Now you hear manny saying things like, "we need to find out who the Miami guys are" or "we got some guys who are not Miami guys". So coach richt gave jt4 the "bye felicia" treatment, coach diaz brings em back, and as of right now, all he did was help contribute to the gaytor game lost, by dropping the punt, and dropping a potential game winning touchdown, and his route wasnt the best, but i like the fact that he said he was looking forward to playing against c.j., so you gotta make that play!

Point being, coach richt would've hired a better d-co than blake baker, who may end up being a decent d-co, but as of right now, im not seeing nothing special from him. I'm seeing to many of the same obvious tired blitzes is what im seeing. So coach diaz biggest challenge is going to be what type of season we are going to have, saying things like "this team has to learn how to win" well the coaches definitely need to learn how to coach to win. That fake punt by the gaytors was the biggest play of the game in my opinion, cause it showed the coaches werent ready and assuming!

It amazes me how you're so quick to point out the flaws in Diaz, which you are absolutely right, yet, you still don't get why the fans had a problem with Richt.

First off, the defense was never the problem. So you stating that Richt would've hired a better Def-Co is a moot point. The question with Richt is would he have hired a better OC? Well, the answer to that would be no, b/c that means he would've have to fire himself. The problem with Richt is that he gave his son a job regarding the most important position on the football team and he wasn't qualified.

Number one, I was one of the first ones to defend and justify the hire, but it was clear that Richt was not the same coach as he was in the early 2000's. I went to bat for him as my UGA friends and Texas friends questioned the hire, and I stated that him coming back home w/ a chip on his shoulder will reinvigorate him.

The fan base turned on Richt b/c during his tenure here, he had three separate 4 game losing streaks....no other coach has done that. The fan base turned on Richt when he refused to fire his son who was completely inept to help/guide the QB room.

The pros of Richt's tenure here:
1. IPF
2. Got the Admin to start thinking about upgrading our facilities
3. Got us our first 10 win season in over a decade
4. Got us our first bowl win in over a decade
5. Got us our first, official ACC Coastal crown ever
6. Having the longest winning streak at 15 in CFB
7. Getting us to the number 2 ranking in season
8. Solid Passing Yards/completion

The cons of Richt's tenure here:
1. No offensive cohesion
2. Blind loyalty to his son
3. Three separate 4 game losing streaks
4. Going 18-13 against P5 opponents during his tenure
5. After the win streak, going 4-9 against the next 13 P5 opponents
6. We were avg in RZ scoring (avg. rank 51st in the nation)
7. We had the most kicks blocked in P5 (3 total)
8. Bottom tier in QB completion pct (avg. rank was 87th in the nation....and if it wasn't for Kayaa, our avg rank would've been 116th)
9. Bottom tier in Rushing Offense (avg. rank was 70th)
10. Bottom tier in 3rd down Conversion Efficiency (avg. rank was 92nd in the nation)
11. Bottom tier Total Offensive ranking (avg. rank was 74th in the nation)
12. Bottom tier in Net Punting avg (avg. rank was 79th in the nation)
13. Bottom tier in T.O.P (avg. rank was 102nd in the nation)
14. We were avg in Scoring Offense (avg. rank was 54th in the nation)
15. Bottom tier in obtaining First Downs (avg. rank was 87th in the nation)
16. Bottom tier Passing Offense (avg. rank was 64th in the nation)
17. Bottom tier in Sacks Allowed/season (avg. rank was 61st in the nation)
18. Bottom tier in Team Passing Efficiency (avg. rank was 70th in the nation.....and if it wasn't for Kayaa, our avg rank would've been 93rd)
19. Bottom tier in passes that were intercepted in a season (avg. rank was 70th.....and if it wasn't for Kaaya, our avg rank would've been 99th)
20. We were bottom tier in penalties (avg. rank was 68th in the nation)

I go off facts, not emotions. How you or anyone else can still defend Richt's ineptitude on his side of the ball, is beyond me. Yes he did some good things, but at the end of the day our offense was HISTORICALLY bad under his watch. Fact is, we were one of the worst teams in P5 on offense all 3 years here. Kaaya's 1 year under Richt masked a lot of these avg. ranks on offense.

I will forever be grateful for the memories of the 15 game winning streak, seeing Kaaya going unconscious in the bowl game, the introduction of the TO Chain, the IPF, helping the admin to see we were out dated....however, his stubbornness w/ his offensive concepts allowed for us to be exposed, and we lost to many inferior teams than us.

It amazes me how you're so quick to point out the flaws in Diaz, which you are absolutely right, yet, you still don't get why the fans had a problem with Richt.

First off, the defense was never the problem. So you stating that Richt would've hired a better Def-Co is a moot point. The question with Richt is would he have hired a better OC? Well, the answer to that would be no, b/c that means he would've have to fire himself. The problem with Richt is that he gave his son a job regarding the most important position on the football team and he wasn't qualified.

Number one, I was one of the first ones to defend and justify the hire, but it was clear that Richt was not the same coach as he was in the early 2000's. I went to bat for him as my UGA friends and Texas friends questioned the hire, and I stated that him coming back home w/ a chip on his shoulder will reinvigorate him.

The fan base turned on Richt b/c during his tenure here, he had three separate 4 game losing streaks....no other coach has done that. The fan base turned on Richt when he refused to fire his son who was completely inept to help/guide the QB room.

The pros of Richt's tenure here:
1. IPF
2. Got the Admin to start thinking about upgrading our facilities
3. Got us our first 10 win season in over a decade
4. Got us our first bowl win in over a decade
5. Got us our first, official ACC Coastal crown ever
6. Having the longest winning streak at 15 in CFB
7. Getting us to the number 2 ranking in season
8. Solid Passing Yards/completion

The cons of Richt's tenure here:
1. No offensive cohesion
2. Blind loyalty to his son
3. Three separate 4 game losing streaks
4. Going 18-13 against P5 opponents during his tenure
5. After the win streak, going 4-9 against the next 13 P5 opponents
6. We were avg in RZ scoring (avg. rank 51st in the nation)
7. We had the most kicks blocked in P5 (3 total)
8. Bottom tier in QB completion pct (avg. rank was 87th in the nation....and if it wasn't for Kayaa, our avg rank would've been 116th)
9. Bottom tier in Rushing Offense (avg. rank was 70th)
10. Bottom tier in 3rd down Conversion Efficiency (avg. rank was 92nd in the nation)
11. Bottom tier Total Offensive ranking (avg. rank was 74th in the nation)
12. Bottom tier in Net Punting avg (avg. rank was 79th in the nation)
13. Bottom tier in T.O.P (avg. rank was 102nd in the nation)
14. We were avg in Scoring Offense (avg. rank was 54th in the nation)
15. Bottom tier in obtaining First Downs (avg. rank was 87th in the nation)
16. Bottom tier Passing Offense (avg. rank was 64th in the nation)
17. Bottom tier in Sacks Allowed/season (avg. rank was 61st in the nation)
18. Bottom tier in Team Passing Efficiency (avg. rank was 70th in the nation.....and if it wasn't for Kayaa, our avg rank would've been 93rd)
19. Bottom tier in passes that were intercepted in a season (avg. rank was 70th.....and if it wasn't for Kaaya, our avg rank would've been 99th)
20. We were bottom tier in penalties (avg. rank was 68th in the nation)

I go off facts, not emotions. How you or anyone else can still defend Richt's ineptitude on his side of the ball, is beyond me. Yes he did some good things, but at the end of the day our offense was HISTORICALLY bad under his watch. Fact is, we were one of the worst teams in P5 on offense all 3 years here. Kaaya's 1 year under Richt masked a lot of these avg. ranks on offense.

I will forever be grateful for the memories of the 15 game winning streak, seeing Kaaya going unconscious in the bowl game, the introduction of the TO Chain, the IPF, helping the admin to see we were out dated....however, his stubbornness w/ his offensive concepts allowed for us to be exposed, and we lost to many inferior teams than us.

And with all your cons, coach richt's record here was still 26 & 13. Nearly non of your cons can negate the successful 1st that happened under coach richt, all those things would have improved where you failed to mention coach richt won 19 games with rosier and a 30% ready for college football qb in perry. I can gaurantee you, you can go and research those same cons and compare them to where we rank today offensively after 2 games andbim willing to bet almost all of them are better, but guess what, we 0 & 2, but yall are satisfied ccause coach richt and his son are gone. So the question you and those who think like you have to askk yourself, do you seriously think those richt led teams would have stayed at those cons as the offense matured, and do yall prefer better offensive stats with losses or worst offensive stats with wins!

Advertisement
Back