Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
I can see... the return of a great poster... he is coming in closer and closer...

I have seen the sights... will it be... THE....

Advertisement
I hope people aren't dogging this kid because Rashada split. While it was just a camp, did he not outperform Rashada heads up at the Elite 11 finals ? Yes, he did, finishing 3rd. I know it's not a game, but not many talked about it because Rashada (finished 11th of 19) did anything but light the camp on fire.

Here's what they said:

Day 1 - 13; Day 2 - 3; Day 3 - 1

Another surprise in our top 10 who recently emerged on the recruiting landscape by committing to Miami, Williams made all of the throws he needed to—as well as the occasional difficult toss—in the pro day and accuracy gauntlet settings to skyrocket into the top three by the end of Day 3. As he became more comfortable around more established arms, Williams’s mechanics improved drastically, allowing him to go on several ball-placement hot streaks across Days 2 and 3, including finishing above his 19 peers Thursday.

I hope people aren't dogging this kid because Rashada split. While it was just a camp, did he not outperform Rashada heads up at the Elite 11 finals ? Yes, he did, finishing 3rd. I know it's not a game, but not many talked about it because Rashada (finished 11th of 19) did anything but light the camp on fire.

Here's what they said:

Another surprise in our top 10 who recently emerged on the recruiting landscape by committing to Miami, Williams made all of the throws he needed to—as well as the occasional difficult toss—in the pro day and accuracy gauntlet settings to skyrocket into the top three by the end of Day 3. As he became more comfortable around more established arms, Williams’s mechanics improved drastically, allowing him to go on several ball-placement hot streaks across Days 2 and 3, including finishing above his 19 peers Thursday.
if he flips, whats the excuse CIS will throw out there to discount him lol

Here's what they said:

The infatuation with Elite 11 is a CIS staple. Never change.

Advertisement
I DON'T care about the elite 11.

But they both competed at the same event and were watched/graded by the same analysts/scouts and Emory, who was relatively unknown at the time, came out ahead in most category.

I know it's not the same as game time, but there are lots of variables involved with rating QBs ability to play the game.

During these events, they try to eliminate all the variables and determine a kid's raw talent.

I care about the elite 11.

But they both competed at the same event and were watched/graded by the same analysts/scouts and Emory, who was relatively unknown at the time, came out ahead in most category.

I know it's not the same as game time, but there are lots of variables involved with rating QBs ability to play the game.

During these events, they try to eliminate all the variables and determine a kid's raw talent.
Neither finished in the top 11. If that's the case and your perspective is 13th is better than 15th or 16th it's safe to say you are grasping at straws.

Neither finished in the top 11. If that's the case and your perspective is 13th is better than 15th or 16th it's safe to say you are grasping at straws.
I guess I'm just saying that in a neutral environment where the two could be compared as much as possible to each other (like a combine) that they weren't that far apart and I'm thankful we still have Emory and with the right coaching/system around him, he can be just as successful as Rashada would have been.

Both would suck in a bad (or the current) system. So it's a moot point if Mario doesn't change course there.

Advertisement

Is it perfect, no. The camp itself has produced a lot of good college QB's and a lot that have gone on to do quite well in the NFL.

26 of the 32 current starters were Elite 11 finalists.

14 of the last 15 Heisman winning QB's were also Elite 11 finalists.

The odds that you'll be serviceable or beyond is more in your favor than not if you made it to the finals. There are some busts of course, but as for finding a QB for college, it's a great starting point.

Advertisement

What's the metric used. On the field, here's the composite ranking on how they finished in the throwing events.

Maybe if his defense didn't surrender 54, 45, and 63 points in his 0-3 CFP career...

The defenses were leaky because they lacked confidence in their QB. They knew that if they had a 3 star QB, they'd be more competitive for national championships. It's hard to give maximum effort when you know a 5 star QB is holding you back. That lack of confidence bled over into their on-field performance.

Advertisement
Back