Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

I’m not concerned about the overall class either, but you don’t win without an elite QB. Maybe we can recruit so well that we can turn a walk-on into a natty winner like UGA. But that’s very much the exception to the rule. Take Bryce off Bama, take Stroud off taint, take Duggan off TCU, take Williams off USC, etc etc. ****, look at Clemson. QB play has completely submarined the program.
I hear you. I guess with our recent qb drought I wasn't automatically crowning Rashada as a sure thing but this definitely puts pressure on Mario & the next OC to find us a big time qb talent.

Advertisement
terrell owens boards GIF

That’s my quarterback! Let’s go Emory!!

Advertisement
1. Emory or Bust!
2. Rashada is scared of competition.
3. Emory has a higher ceiling, even if he presently has a lower floor.
4. Rashada was criminally overrated.
5. Emory has the culture we covet; Rashada does not.
6. Rashada just went for the money.
7. The coaches can talk to Emory about things that are outside of football; things about....life.

I forget the other canned responses posters write in this type of scenario, but the above should cover most of it (lol).

Last edited:
I don’t see TVD coming back regardless he goes to the draft or if Gattis is gone.

I pray this kid is a hidden gem.. cause we in trouble y’all boys. 😩😂
Nah, We ok. Would have loved to keep Rashada in the fold because the kid is pretty **** good, but Emory got this. This kid is pretty good, too. Now on to getting a 2nd QB in this class, or hit the portal. We may even sign 2 in ‘24. Mario has a plan. One thing I will never worry about with Mario in charge, is recruiting.

Nah, We ok. Would have loved to keep Rashada in the fold because the kid is pretty **** good, but Emory got this. This kid is pretty good, too. Now on to getting a 2nd QB in this class, or hit the portal. We may even sign 2 in ‘24. Mario has a plan. One thing I will never worry about with Mario in charge, is recruiting.
This kid ain’t it brother lol I dig deeper into him (pause) he ain’t got much to work with

Advertisement
Biggest issue / question period is WHO replaces Gattis and how quickly is it announced with early signing day being Dec. 22. Get an elite OC who brings in HIS staff and also has some QB recruit (23 class and portal) options to fall back on. Mario screwed the pooch on his OC hire and now is his chance to take corrective action ... urgent that they (Mario, Radakovich, Highsmith) are working on this NOW so the right hire is made expeditiously.

Advertisement
This kid ain’t it brother lol I dig deeper into him (pause) he ain’t got much to work with
Well, looks like we gonna find out, aren’t we? I personally like the kid. Now, I’m not a QB guru, but he’s got some tools that I saw on his film. All I can say with certainty is, glad the portal is open for business. But honestly, our most pressing need right now, is at OC. We ain’t done much offensively to entice high end QBs to sign with us this season.

Wasnt this kid a qualifier in the hurdles? He was never recruited to step right in....but 2-3 years from now we either have a gem that was developed into what some people thought he could be or he is a back up.

6'4 190 is a good start for a 17 yr old QB.

Advertisement
Man I could have swore you said he was better than Rashada at one point. Don't do this to them l, he's the great w hope.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway unless they were off the charts. They just didn't and obviously don't understand how rankings work. Kid wasn't going from unranked that late, to a base 85, to a composite 4 star. Doesn't happen and wasn't going to for him either.
Kids can definitely go from unranked to a 4 star. If they’re good

Advertisement
Back