Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

This honestly wouldn’t and shouldn’t be surprising to anyone if it happens. Only a school like Bama could keep two highly rated QBs in a class and it would even be hard for them to do
We don't have 2 highly rated QBs committed.

Advertisement
Kids going to be “the dude” in the class… looks like a quality take but doesn’t stop us from looking at the portal because I think he’s going to need some time

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
His stats this year were…..not great.
Wouldn't have mattered anyway unless they were off the charts. They just didn't and obviously don't understand how rankings work. Kid wasn't going from unranked that late, to a base 85, to a composite 4 star. Doesn't happen and wasn't going to for him either.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway unless they were off the charts. They just didn't and obviously don't understand how rankings work. Kid wasn't going from unranked that late, to a base 85, to a composite 4 star. Doesn't happen and wasn't going to for him either.

I don’t really care what he’s ranked. QB is the most important position in any sport. To be an elite team, you have to have an elite QB. There aren’t many elite college QBs who aren’t elite in HS. And this kid ain’t elite. Maybe he’ll buck the trend. But this is a major miss and terrible development for the progression of the program as it stands right now.

I don’t really care what he’s ranked. QB is the most important position in any sport. To be an elite team, you have to have an elite QB. There aren’t many elite college QBs who aren’t elite in HS. And this kid ain’t elite. Maybe he’ll buck the trend. But this is a major miss and terrible development for the progression of the program as it stands right now.
Fire everyone.

Advertisement
Absolutely agree. The premise wasn't that it mattered if he got the star or not to show how good he is personally, it was that it wasn't going to happen because rankings don't happen like that. As for QB next season and probably the year after we are now ****ed if TVD bounces (very likely) unless a portal miracle is purchased by Ruiz.

All the negative recruiting about the offense + our record & the likely Gata bags finally caught up to us here. Thanks a lot Gattis. But I'm not concerned about the overall class right now. I still expect us to close strong. The pressure for the portal now is definitely mounting cuz now we go from a qb is a nice thought to qb is a definite need.

All the negative recruiting about the offense + our record & the likely Gata bags finally caught up to us here. Thanks a lot Gattis. But I'm not concerned about the overall class right now. I still expect us to close strong. The pressure for the portal now is definitely mounting cuz now we go from a qb is a nice thought to qb is a definite need.

I’m not concerned about the overall class either, but you don’t win without an elite QB. Maybe we can recruit so well that we can turn a walk-on into a natty winner like UGA. But that’s very much the exception to the rule. Take Bryce off Bama, take Stroud off taint, take Duggan off TCU, take Williams off USC, etc etc. ****, look at Clemson. QB play has completely submarined the program.

Advertisement
Back