Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

You're missing the whole boat. You're jumping in way late in debate over several posts.

The ratings aren't an exact science or any science for that matter. In some years 2/3 5-stars haven't even panned out to be starters let alone best in the country.

It's about evaluations not stars. Yes, some of the ratings match the talent evaluations and some don't.

We have too many CIS star chasers only excited by how many stars the committed recruit has and bad mouthing any kid less than 4 stars. We just had 2 "3-star " TEs commit. Nothing to be excited about for most of CIS, except that a lot of top TE schools wanted them because they see their talent & potential and not the star some recruiting service assigned to them.

Whatever a young man was last year, isn't who he is today and isn't necessarily what he will be a year from now or 2-3 years from now.
Evaluations are important
But stars trump evaluation
The same teams in the playoffs year after year after year also get the most 5 stars year after year
Evaluations matter but amassing high end talent ie stars is more important
That’s my whole point

Advertisement
So his composite was an .88. So he was a 3 star that went to Fresno St. Good. If I really have to go back and clarify every single time for each one of the 17 of you that have failed at this for over 12 hours now that we're talking about the exact same metric that is someones final grade and whatever everyone uses, then sorry. You know why nobody on the planet outside of Miami fans referenced Mark Pope as a 5 star? Because he wasn't, due to only Rivals being dumb enough to think so. His composite was a 4 star, and that's what he was.
Lol failed. I gave you the name of the Michigan linebacker who went from unranked in September to a 3-star in October to a composite 4-star in December. Jimmy Rolder. Class of 2022.

Thats just last year. Michigan is after another kid this year who was unranked until January of 2022. The recruiting services threw an 86 on him to start and now On3 has him at a 91. The others are probably gonna follow. ESPN still has him unranked. Any rating from them and he's probably a composite 4-star. Unranked to 4-star isn't unheard of and even the potential Williams route of unranked going into your senior season to 3-star followed by a 4-star bump isn't crazy either.

Lol failed. I gave you the name of the Michigan linebacker who went from unranked in September to high 3-star in October to a composite 4-star in December. Jimmy Rolder. Class of 2022.

Thats just last year. Michigan is after another kid this year who was unranked until January of 2022. The recruiting services threw an 86 on him to start and now On3 has him at a 91. The others are probably gonna follow. ESPN still has him unranked. Any rating from them and he's probably a composite 4-star. Unranked to 4-star isn't unheard of and even the potential Williams route of unranked to 3-star followed by a 4-star bump isn't crazy either.
So what you're saying is, he went from unranked TO A HIGH 3 star, THEN from a HIGH 3 star to a 4? Lol. Jfc. Fifteen hours. Fifteen ******* hours later, and you're still trying and failing. Get a life

So what you're saying is, he went from unranked TO A HIGH 3 star, THEN from a HIGH 3 star to a 4? Lol. Jfc. Fifteen hours. Fifteen ******* hours later, and you're still trying and failing. Get a life
Get a life is rich from the person who answered within 3 minutes of the post.

Joseph Mupoyi who went from an 86 in January of 2022 to a 91 on one service doesn't count because on June 21st he's not a composite 4-star yet. Hanging around the 88 range. We can check back in February I guess. I imagine if he is you'll just say "He wasn't a mid 3-star in May like Williams was"

On3 must not have gotten the memo that unranked to mid 3-star to 4 star is impossible.

Advertisement
So his composite was an .88. So he was a 3 star that went to Fresno St. Good. If I really have to go back and clarify every single time for each one of the 17 of you that have failed at this for over 12 hours now that we're talking about the exact same metric that is someones final grade and whatever everyone uses, then sorry. You know why nobody on the planet outside of Miami fans referenced Mark Pope as a 5 star? Because he wasn't, due to only Rivals being dumb enough to think so. His composite was a 4 star, and that's what he was.
Lol, bro you aren’t the czar of recruiting, you don’t dictate to anyone what qualifies as a 4 star or 5 star.

Btw the difference in him being a 4star on composite was a .89 vs a .88…such a major difference!

I honestly don’t know how the rankings work and really don’t care. However, if rankings are irrelevant and what matters is the staff’s evaluation, which btw I agree with and trust the staff’s evaluation why does it matter whether he gets a bump to a 4 star or not?

I used to agree, but now I want it to watch the Gators melt down about it.

Get a life is rich from the person who answered within 3 minutes of the post.

Joseph Mupoyi who went from an 86 in January of 2022 to a 91 on one service doesn't count because on June 21st he's not a composite 4-star yet. Hanging around the 88 range. We can check back in February I guess. I imagine if he is you'll just say "He wasn't a mid 3-star in May like Williams was"

On3 must not have gotten the memo that unranked to mid 3-star to 4 star is impossible.
You know if you're on the site and someone messages you it gives you a little notification symbol right? I haven't had a single post about the whole thing other than my original one that wasn't a response.

If that guy from this year ends up a 4 star, great. That would mean it's happened once out of a gazillion Fing players over two decades. And it took this long to dig someone up that "MIGHT" end up qualifying some day lol. I'd say that pretty much proves the point right there. It doesn't happen, and if it did, it would be beyond incredibly rare. If any other school on the planet just took Emory's commitment and were talking like it was facts he was getting bumped to a 4 this whole board would be laughing it's *** off. Instead since it's us people are acting like it's a common thing to expect. That far might not be you personally Idk, but certainly plenty. Anyway, I'm done with this as I tried to be several hours ago.

Advertisement
Imagine being such a 5head gronk, smearing the walls of your cave hut with your own ****, that you think Mario Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith are the same as Manny Diaz with no high-level oversight or evaluation help. Jesus ******* Christ go watch Fortnite, seems way more your speed than football. Same morons who *****ed and moaned about us being unable to get Zo here under Manny because of ‘how he would save the program’ are the same ones now criticising THE EXACT ******* GUY. Newsflash people; Zo has a hand in every single offer, that’s his job. If you really think that we are taking these 3 stars because we have already missed on our bigger targets then you are just absolutely clueless. If Alonzo Highsmith says he wants a kid, I don’t give a singular **** if he’s rated lower than a Kohl’s Kicker, he wants him for a reason. I promise you, that reason isn’t ‘well we missed on the top 100 other players at this position’. Get the **** out of here with that bull****, this isn’t amateur hour anymore, stop moping around and wake the **** up or get the **** out. I am seriously tired of reading this contradictory, baseless garbage and seeing people try to, daily, compare this staff and this front office with MANNY ‘all the used car exhaust smoke’ DIAZ or ‘BE A CHEESEBURGER’!

I love you.

Imagine being such a 5head gronk, smearing the walls of your cave hut with your own ****, that you think Mario Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith are the same as Manny Diaz with no high-level oversight or evaluation help. Jesus ******* Christ go watch Fortnite, seems way more your speed than football. Same morons who *****ed and moaned about us being unable to get Zo here under Manny because of ‘how he would save the program’ are the same ones now criticising THE EXACT ******* GUY. Newsflash people; Zo has a hand in every single offer, that’s his job. If you really think that we are taking these 3 stars because we have already missed on our bigger targets then you are just absolutely clueless. If Alonzo Highsmith says he wants a kid, I don’t give a singular **** if he’s rated lower than a Kohl’s Kicker, he wants him for a reason. I promise you, that reason isn’t ‘well we missed on the top 100 other players at this position’. Get the **** out of here with that bull****, this isn’t amateur hour anymore, stop moping around and wake the **** up or get the **** out. I am seriously tired of reading this contradictory, baseless garbage and seeing people try to, daily, compare this staff and this front office with MANNY ‘all the used car exhaust smoke’ DIAZ or ‘BE A CHEESEBURGER’!
🔥

Advertisement
Evaluations are important
But stars trump evaluation
The same teams in the playoffs year after year after year also get the most 5 stars year after year
Evaluations matter but amassing high end talent ie stars is more important
That’s my whole point
No, wrong, they evaluated the 5 and 4 stars as well.

Oh boy you’re mad huh.

Yes please, go recruit by recruit and embarrass me with 3 stars like Herbert (a 2016 recruit) who were not evaluated by Mario’s staff because he was not a coach there until 2017, and was not head coach until December 2017. I am so embarrassed.

I have seen nothing saying Mario’s 3 stars were better than everyone else’s. Let’s see what percent of his 3 stars were drafted. He’s known for being able to bring in the highly ranked players.

@djnellz so did I get dragged or did she for not knowing basic things about Mario like when he became coach at Oregon? I’m looking forward to more all caps words from her.
AD434B43-AA0F-4A80-8271-FDC6130E660A.gif

6AE36555-5C99-4718-8565-40CFB0BB6844.gif

897CE6AA-98B9-428C-B005-814F1B20C350.gif

Evaluations don’t just happen out of high school, you bumble****. They also happen every year you are on a roster, if you have a coach capable of it (Mario, unlike some of the coaches we had before). If he really thought as simply as you do, he would have just said ‘oh well, he’s a 3 star, I guess I’ll just move on and have one of my recruits take over.’ Dear God, you are actually dreadful at understanding the bigger picture. Stars matter, yes but evaluations of all stars matter a **** of a lot more and to say that the previous staff’s evaluations are equivalent to Mario’s at Oregon is just such a baffling hill for you to die on. If you can seriously tell me that his starting rosters (which won two PAC 12 championships, should have won another) were 22 five stars then I will concede that you are right, his 3 stars were no better than Manny’s or Golden’s. Go on. Show me. Don’t let the girl have more balls than you.
B1D41280-57C0-4F63-8C5D-64399457E42C.gif

Advertisement
Again!!
the tried and true tradition of CIS turning a 3some with 2 bi chicks into a kidnapping where you wake up in Tijuana hog tide in the back of a 97 Silverado!!

Don’t ask!!!
But we always turn it around and end up at Hong Kong before we jump back to the comfy confines of the 4 Seasons Villa Rentals in San Diego, right? right?

You know if you're on the site and someone messages you it gives you a little notification symbol right? I haven't had a single post about the whole thing other than my original one that wasn't a response.

If that guy from this year ends up a 4 star, great. That would mean it's happened once out of a gazillion Fing players over two decades. And it took this long to dig someone up that "MIGHT" end up qualifying some day lol. I'd say that pretty much proves the point right there. It doesn't happen, and if it did, it would be beyond incredibly rare. If any other school on the planet just took Emory's commitment and were talking like it was facts he was getting bumped to a 4 this whole board would be laughing it's *** off. Instead since it's us people are acting like it's a common thing to expect. That far might not be you personally Idk, but certainly plenty. Anyway, I'm done with this as I tried to be several hours ago.
Aint really about seeing the notification. The person telling others to get a life is on the board frequently and consistently enough to see that notification and respond within minutes.

This is the issue. Not that Williams will even be a 4th star but that because people haven't sifted through the entire history of recruiting you think your assertion that it could never happen or has never happened is correct. There is no search function for your parameters on a recruiting site. A kid has to be a 3-star in spring of his senior year after being unranked up until that point then reach 4-star status. If you don't think he's a 4 star thats cool but saying he won't get there based off of criteria of an alleged precedent thats nearly impossible to confirm or contradict is chicken****. Seeing as I provided a likely example in his same recruiting class it probably isn't as rare as you think.

Advertisement
Back