Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Imagine being such a 5head gronk, smearing the walls of your cave hut with your own ****, that you think Mario Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith are the same as Manny Diaz with no high-level oversight or evaluation help. Jesus ******* Christ go watch Fortnite, seems way more your speed than football. Same morons who *****ed and moaned about us being unable to get Zo here under Manny because of ‘how he would save the program’ are the same ones now criticising THE EXACT ******* GUY. Newsflash people; Zo has a hand in every single offer, that’s his job. If you really think that we are taking these 3 stars because we have already missed on our bigger targets then you are just absolutely clueless. If Alonzo Highsmith says he wants a kid, I don’t give a singular **** if he’s rated lower than a Kohl’s Kicker, he wants him for a reason. I promise you, that reason isn’t ‘well we missed on the top 100 other players at this position’. Get the **** out of here with that bull****, this isn’t amateur hour anymore, stop moping around and wake the **** up or get the **** out. I am seriously tired of reading this contradictory, baseless garbage and seeing people try to, daily, compare this staff and this front office with MANNY ‘all the used car exhaust smoke’ DIAZ or ‘BE A CHEESEBURGER’!
Proud Ride Or Die GIF by Tony Awards

Close Thread!

Advertisement
Imagine being such a 5head gronk, smearing the walls of your cave hut with your own ****, that you think Mario Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith are the same as Manny Diaz with no high-level oversight or evaluation help. Jesus ******* Christ go watch Fortnite, seems way more your speed than football. Same morons who *****ed and moaned about us being unable to get Zo here under Manny because of ‘how he would save the program’ are the same ones now criticising THE EXACT ******* GUY. Newsflash people; Zo has a hand in every single offer, that’s his job. If you really think that we are taking these 3 stars because we have already missed on our bigger targets then you are just absolutely clueless. If Alonzo Highsmith says he wants a kid, I don’t give a singular **** if he’s rated lower than a Kohl’s Kicker, he wants him for a reason. I promise you, that reason isn’t ‘well we missed on the top 100 other players at this position’. Get the **** out of here with that bull****, this isn’t amateur hour anymore, stop moping around and wake the **** up or get the **** out. I am seriously tired of reading this contradictory, baseless garbage and seeing people try to, daily, compare this staff and this front office with MANNY ‘all the used car exhaust smoke’ DIAZ or ‘BE A CHEESEBURGER’!
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 10.57.41 AM-1.png

Glad to have Emory on board. I’ll root only for his success as a I do ALL other Canes. My issue was NEVER with Emory as a prospect, my issue is with the overall trend and trajectory the class has been on. Now we have 8 commits and 7 are 3 stars. Good early evals or not, and I understand it’s only June, but it’s not a great sign in my opinion.

Louisville just got Rueben Owens to commit... whether he sticks is another conversation, but I just hope to see some action with some of the 5 star kids were in it with too. That’s all my issue ever was, never with Emory specifically as a player.

I hope to see him leading us to a national championship, as I do TVD, Garcia, Brown, Matocha.. your little brother, **** I hope to see literally anyone lead us to a national championship.
I think some of those 3 stars are going to be 4 stars by the end of the process, but it begs the question for those who follow these things: is this how Cristobal usually recruits?

It feels to me like he's secured the 'evaluation' guys early so he and his staff can concentrate on the 'stars' as we progress towards eNSD.

Advertisement
I am seriously tired of reading this contradictory, baseless garbage and seeing people try to, daily, compare this staff and this front office with MANNY ‘all the used car exhaust smoke’ DIAZ or ‘BE A CHEESEBURGER’!

This is exactly why I created the thread below to collect all the stories of Manny's gross recruiting incompetence. Still a work in progress, but if you can read the OP post and mention Manny in the same conversation as a competent HC much less someone on Mario's level, I have some swampland in the Everglades I can sell you for pennies on the dollar.

I hope it works out but I see a Peyton Matocha-Level Talent. He's a decent-sized kid with ok athleticism and an average arm, just like Matocha:

Emory's arm is much better than average. Not sure what film your watching.

people come on here and say anything.

Advertisement

I don't care about sexual orientation or my current marital state, I want to marry this savage woman!

Fantastic post, @LeedsCane ! You said exactly what I think before I hit "Post Reply" on about half my posts, but I promised @RVACane that I would be nicer...

I also trust Zo but at the end of the day the teams with the best recruiting rankings tend to win. I don’t think we’ve even seen an exception to this have we? Outside of Cincy which we saw how that looked.

Need to land the top end talent and then hit on your class with proper evaluations.

Also - need to stuff the rivals in a locker early and often haha

What she said.

Advertisement
I never said they were the same. Nice comprehension skills. I was saying that thinking 3 stars are going to be better cause these ones were evaluated is bs. Mario is known for being a good recruiter. As in loading up on 4 and 5 star talent. His success with 4 and 5 stars does not mean his 3 stars are now better than most other 3 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said they were the same dumbass. Nice comprehension skills. I was saying that thinking 3 stars are going to be better cause these ones were evaluated is bs. Mario is known for being a good recruiter. As in loading up on 4 and 5 star talent. His success with 4 and 5 stars does not mean his 3 stars are now better than most other 3 stars.

Attachments

• IMG_20220621_163701.gif
    IMG_20220621_163701.gif
    121.2 KB · Views: 5
I never said they were the same dumbass. Nice comprehension skills. I was saying that thinking 3 stars are going to be better cause these ones were evaluated is bs. Mario is known for being a good recruiter. As in loading up on 4 and 5 star talent. His success with 4 and 5 stars does not mean his 3 stars are now better than most other 3 stars.
Well, you sort of are (saying they’re the same). Manny and fat Al and randy and… took a lot of 3*s and did not hit on many. But, not all 3*s are created equal. Some (admittedly, a small %) will outplay their ranking. Perhaps Mario/Zo can prove, demonstrably, that they have an ability to find an inordinate amount of these “special” 3*s.

That said - won’t you feel silly having bellyached about us having 8 non blue chips (in June) if in February we have 22 bcs and 6 non? Take a breath, hit the pipe, find something better to worry about than Mario Christobal’s ability to recruit.

Advertisement
We've said this with every coach. It never works.
Your words. You think Mario and Zo evaluate the same level as ‘every’ other coach we have had. That’s laughable and you doubled down on it by saying Mario has not had success with 3 star evaluations because they are bad? He had to rely on his 4-5 star recruiting skills only? You didn’t even mention Zo so I won’t even go there... What the **** are you talking about? Go look at Mario’s rosters at Oregon. Quite a bit of those guys who did pretty well there were 3 stars that he and his staff EVALUATED, including the starting QB of the LA Chargers, you baboon. Think his evaluation there was pretty **** good. We can go recruit by recruit if you really want me to embarrass you further. I think you are the one who needs some remedial English reading comp classes.

Animated GIF

No idea, but it makes no difference in my original point. I'll be waiting for that list. Maybe you can all collaborate
I'll make a deal... you supply all of the data (which I have no clue how to find) and I'll upload that data and do the data analysis so as to supply your answer.

without anyone having the raw data, you will feel like your facts are proven when they are actually merely untested.

your position is ironic for someone named "Edward20"

I've never felt so much love for another poster

Advertisement
Back