Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
I know if he does well there or not, he will not jump from an .85 to a 4 star. So yes, I do. In terms of how he will do there, correct we have no idea.
Again you have no clue what will happen.

Zero

You sound like a Gator fan with your Ms. Cleo future ranking points calculator.

Again you have no clue what will happen.

Zero

You sound like a Gator fan with your Ms. Cleo future ranking points calculator.
So 87 people on here bust out their future rankings point calculators and determine he will indeed be a four star, I tell them he won't ever be, and I'm the gator fan pulling out his future rankings class calculator. Solid reasoning

So 87 people on here bust out their future rankings point calculators and determine he will indeed be a four star, I tell them he won't ever be, and I'm the gator fan pulling out his future rankings class calculator. Solid reasoning
Correct

Advertisement
I honestly don’t know how the rankings work and really don’t care. However, if rankings are irrelevant and what matters is the staff’s evaluation, which btw I agree with and trust the staff’s evaluation why does it matter whether he gets a bump to a 4 star or not?
In the long run if he good it doesn't matter. In the short term helping fill out the rest of the class.

I think it makes sense to bring in 2 QB’s this cycle. TVD has a good year and goes pro - we have Garcia and Brown + 2 FR to develop. Matocha may be gone.

Advertisement
God this is rough to read. Every team deserves a participation trophy too huh? Do you want to win? This is just pure losers mentality. Michael Jordan would despise you haha.

no need to "motivate me" nor give me "the eye of the tiger".... I'm Incredibly competitive when I am playing or otherwise in a position to be an actual real part of the success of an organization.

the only way I personally am (or you are) in a position to compete to returning the Canes to dominance is by working tirelessly to make and contribute $ to the Canes--- and by never missing a game so as to be as vocal as any other rabid fan.

my contributions, in the most miniscule way, helped the team afford Alonzo Highsmith, Mario Cristobal and staff. you probably (hopefully) did the same.

speaking for myself, I don't confuse my role with being worthy of a participation trophy because my mind sees clearly that I AM NOT ONE OF THE PARTICIPANTS. but neither are you.

I'm not saying you should change. I'm not here to judge you.

I said why I follow recruiting. it works for me. but, you do you and I'll enjoy watching Alonzo Highsmith and the "scouting department" work with an extremely well regarded on and off the field coaching staff.

I'll watch who they choose to go after and who is successfully recruited. I enjoy getting to know the future members of the team I root for.

your approach is not a concern to me.
there's no reason any of my approach should be a concern to you.

Again... WELCOME ABOARD EMORY!!!

I have watched this recruiting for too long to place too much confidence in staff evaluation vs rankings. are rankings the only thing that matter? of course not. am I happy we are getting commitments from a bunch of 3 stars - No.

Advertisement
He can be a nice backup in the worst case. We know after year 1. Then we go for the 5* you clamor for. Nothing lost. Now take a deep breath.

This really gives you a sense of how big Williams is..... Not as solid as TVD yet but just as big

This young man is a take all day every day and twice on Sunday. Great attitude. Great perspective. Wants to not only improve himself but help the team be great without all the drama. He’ll be a great teammate and who knows, with his attitude and perspective, may work his way to being a starter.

Advertisement
I have absolutely no clue what you just said honestly, but no. An Elite 11 invite is not getting him to 4 star status, and neither is anything else.
So him getting invited to compete in the top QB competition in the country were only like 20 QBs get invited won't improve his stock? You must be expecting him to **** the bed or something? I wouldn't count on it, the one thing he can definitely do is throw in shorts

I honestly don’t know how the rankings work and really don’t care. However, if rankings are irrelevant and what matters is the staff’s evaluation, which btw I agree with and trust the staff’s evaluation why does it matter whether he gets a bump to a 4 star or not?
Nailed it.

Im not a big time qb evaluator but ill give it a shot....
A local guy...
He has him by an inch or two but...
Brandon Doughty NFL DRAFT

Doughty ended up getting drafted as a 7th rpounder and hanging in nfl for like 3 on practice squads i guess. Emory may end up with a higher ceiling based on who he will have around him and his qb development coming in more so than even Doughty.

When I look at Williams' measurables and highlights I see Ryan Finley as a good comp. Similar size/physiques, just enough athleticism, good accuracy and command of the game.

I have absolutely no clue what you just said honestly, but no. An Elite 11 invite is not getting him to 4 star status, and neither is anything else.
So him getting invited to compete in the top QB competition in the country were only like 20 QBs get invited won't improve his stock? You must be expecting him to **** the bed or something? I wouldn't count on it, the one thing he can definitely do is throw in shorts
How about Jacurri Brown last year? Did it help his? Did his ranking skyrocket like nobody else in the country due to an Elite 11 invite?

Advertisement
Back