Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
Ok I am thinking Emory went public today as directed by Mario for strategic reasons.

Milton (Fla.) High School quarterback Emory Williams may have announced his commitment today. But it was a long time coming.

And, in reality, he committed to Miami Hurricanes coach Mario Cristobal all the way back on June 11. He kept it secret until announcing publicly today. “That’s when I called coach Cristobal, said `Coach, I want to commit and be a Hurricane,” Williams said. “I told him I love the culture the way it’s set up, the way the coaches teach, I was very impressed with the coaching and family atmosphere and energy they bring.

“And then came my favorite part, which is coach went crazy, was so excited. That inspired me, makes me want to be the best possible quarterback I can be, do whatever I can to help the program.” He says that includes redshirting or competing to start, being the scout team QB or whatever is needed. “Whatever they have in mind is what I want,” he says. “I’ll compete.”

In the end Williams says he chose UM over USF, and programs like Florida State and Mississippi State were recruiting him hard and indicating an offer could come if he camped there. But he’s all Cane. “I’m fired up, I’m excited to be a Miami Hurricane,” Williams said.

With highly regarded QB Jaden Rashada starting his Miami official visit tomorrow, Williams says his mind won’t change if Rashada also comes on board … or if another UM target Dante Moore wants to be a Cane, either.

“They said if they take two QBs it’ll be the right two QBs, and whatever they do I’m fine with because I’m all about making the program and team better,” Williams said. “I love to compete, and having a good quarterback room raises the standard, you know?”

A final question: Hey Emory, what are your goals at Miami?

“Oh, you know that answer,” he said. “I want to win a championship, bring The U back. I think college football is at its best when Miami is playing its best.”

For those worrying about Emory Williams go see Gawja last two starting QB's. Neither was highly regarded, but beat out 5* QB's. Goes to PROVE that evals are equally important and those stars mean nothing when equally talented players line up on the other side.
The first 5* QB that got beat out at Georgia went to Ohio State, became one of their best quarterbacks ever and got drafted in the first round. Pretty safe to say Kirby picked the wrong guy.

Nothing wrong with Emory Williams. I like him. I’d just like him more as a second quarterback.

Advertisement
Ok I am thinking Emory went public today strategically as directed by Mario.

Milton (Fla.) High School quarterback Emory Williams may have announced his commitment today.

But it was a long time coming. And, in reality, he committed to Miami Hurricanes coach Mario Cristobal all the way back on June 11. He kept it secret until announcing publicly today. “That’s when I called coach Cristobal, said `Coach, I want to commit and be a Hurricane,” Williams said. “I told him I love the culture the way it’s set up, the way the coaches teach, I was very impressed with the coaching and family atmosphere and energy they bring.

“And then came my favorite part, which is coach went crazy, was so excited. That inspired me, makes me want to be the best possible quarterback I can be, do whatever I can to help the program.” He says that includes redshirting or competing to start, being the scout team QB or whatever is needed. “Whatever they have in mind is what I want,” he says. “I’ll compete.”

In the end Williams says he chose UM over USF, and programs like Florida State and Mississippi State were recruiting him hard and indicating an offer could come if he camped there. But he’s all Cane. “I’m fired up, I’m excited to be a Miami Hurricane,” Williams said.

With highly regarded QB Jaden Rashada starting his Miami official visit tomorrow, Williams says his mind won’t change if Rashada also comes on board … or if another UM target Dante Moore wants to be a Cane, either.

“They said if they take two QBs it’ll be the right two QBs, and whatever they do I’m fine with because I’m all about making the program and team better,” Williams said. “I love to compete, and having a good quarterback room raises the standard, you know?”

this brought a tear to my slanted eyes....

Milton (Fla.) High School quarterback Emory Williams may have announced his commitment today. But it was a long time coming.

And, in reality, he committed to Miami Hurricanes coach Mario Cristobal all the way back on June 11. He kept it secret until announcing publicly today. “That’s when I called coach Cristobal, said `Coach, I want to commit and be a Hurricane,” Williams said. “I told him I love the culture the way it’s set up, the way the coaches teach, I was very impressed with the coaching and family atmosphere and energy they bring.

Wants to compete. I like it.

Milton (Fla.) High School quarterback Emory Williams may have announced his commitment today.

But it was a long time coming. And, in reality, he committed to Miami Hurricanes coach Mario Cristobal all the way back on June 11. He kept it secret until announcing publicly today. “That’s when I called coach Cristobal, said `Coach, I want to commit and be a Hurricane,” Williams said. “I told him I love the culture the way it’s set up, the way the coaches teach, I was very impressed with the coaching and family atmosphere and energy they bring.

Tells me everything I need to know about this kid. He might not ever start or play here but he will push guys in practice and be a great teammate. Welcome to the U Emory!

Advertisement
3F92B1DC-FA7A-4029-B217-35E77E0565DA.gif

Ok I am thinking Emory went public today as directed by Mario for strategic reasons.

A final question: Hey Emory, what are your goals at Miami?

“Oh, you know that answer,” he said. “I want to win a championship, bring The U back. I think college football is at its best when Miami is playing its best.”
Emory committed over the weekend just wasn't made public. He was waiting for a edit or would of made the announcement yesterday.

Advertisement
Wants to compete. I like it.

Now that he's on board, I will admit I want to see him start leading his HS team to victory this year. If they lose, they better lose 40-35 or whatever. His OL on those highlights was terrible. But you can't be a Miami Hurricane QB commit throwing to a UGA (or Cane) WR commit as your #1 go-to and not score lots of points in high school. Repeating an 0-5 outing in league play needs one **** of an explanation.

That said, I honestly like this kid's skills and development. He'll never be dual-threat (whereas TVD has some Rivers in him). And his arm is only plus (roughly Brad Kaaya, maybe a little weaker). But he's got great pocket awareness, seems to process the field quickly which is a huge plus, and is accurate even when the pocket breaks down. The recent video's of his footwork drills show he's really working to improve.

We want to see a big leap like we saw from TVD between his Junior and Senior seasons:
Junior: 7 Wins - 3 Losses | 128/224, 57.1%, 1899, 14 Passing TDs, 5 Ints
Senior: 9 Wins - 0 Losses | 123/200, 61.5%, 2260, 21 Passing TDs, 6 Ints

We also need to remember whoever we take in 2023 QB will almost certainly sit bench for 2 years behind Garcia, and only then will be battling it out with Brown. They've got time to develop.

Now that he's on board, I will admit I want to see him start leading his HS team to victory this year. If they lose, they better lose 40-35 or whatever. His OL on those highlights was terrible. But you can't be a Miami Hurricane WR commit with a UGA (or Cane) WR commit as your #1 go-to and not score points in high school.

That said, I honestly like this kid's skills and development. He'll never be dual-threat (whereas TVD has some Rivers in him). And his arm is only plus (roughly Brad Kaaya, maybe a little weaker). But he's got great pocket awareness and is accurate even when the pocket breaks down. The recent video's of his footwork drills show he's really working to improve.

We want to see a big leap like we saw from TVD between his Junior and Senior seasons:
Senior: 9 Wins - 0 Losses \ 123/200, 61.5%, 2260, 21 Passing TDs, 6 Ints

We also need to remember whoever we take in 2023 QB will almost certainly sit bench for 2 years behind Garcia, and only then will be battling it out with Brown. They've got time to develop.

Almost certainly? This board told me Garcia was better than TVD. If that's true, you think he's gonna tear it up in 2023 and come back here? Nah. This job will most-likely be open in 2024. Either Garcia is that dude and he bounces, or he's not and somebody will have a shot to beat him out.

Not a lot of draft-eligible QBs who have really good seasons in college come back. The demand for NFL QB's is too great and the money is too much to say no to.

Now that he's on board, I will admit I want to see him start leading his HS team to victory this year. If they lose, they better lose 40-35 or whatever. His OL on those highlights was terrible. But you can't be a Miami Hurricane QB commit throwing to a UGA (or Cane) WR commit as your #1 go-to and not score lots of points in high school. Repeating an 0-5 outing in league play needs one **** of an explanation.

That said, I honestly like this kid's skills and development. He'll never be dual-threat (whereas TVD has some Rivers in him). And his arm is only plus (roughly Brad Kaaya, maybe a little weaker). But he's got great pocket awareness, seems to process the field quickly which is a huge plus, and is accurate even when the pocket breaks down. The recent video's of his footwork drills show he's really working to improve.

Senior: 9 Wins - 0 Losses \ 123/200, 61.5%, 2260, 21 Passing TDs, 6 Ints

Still not a fan but he a Cane so fvck it we ridin.

Advertisement
Almost certainly? This board told me Garcia was better than TVD. If that's true, you think he's gonna tear it up in 2023 and come back here? Nah. This job will most-likely be open in 2024. Either Garcia is that dude and he bounces, or he's not and somebody will have a shot to beat him out.

Not a lot of draft-eligible QBs who have really good seasons in college come back. The demand for NFL QB's is too great and the money is too much to say no to.

TVD came back for a second year. I expect Jake to do so as well. But who knows? You may be right.

Advertisement
Back