Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
I'm confused on these Elite 11 invites. It feels like its based less on performance at the camps and more on potential and ranking nationally. Jaden Rashada didn't place in his Vegas events but Emory Willams WON all of his events though didn't wow in the combine portion (40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle run, vertical jump and kneeling power ball toss). Yet only Rashada got an invite.

Meanwhile Rashada got a top dog write up in 247 and Emory's was buried at the bottom of the Baton Rouge 247 article. As follows:

Elite 11 bias' aside, it feels Emory Williams is also possibly unique case of limited exposure and an thus treated as an after thought a top heavy QB cycle. Would love to get thoughts from the peanut gallery on this.

Bump.

Advertisement
Stop it! That’s not a Pause 😂😂😂😂😂
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

From what I've read, it's based on evaluations by the coaches during the Elite 11 Regional Camps.

Here's a quick video https://www.elite11.com/elite-11-nationwide

It all comes down to trusting that the guys that run the camp know what they're doing and aren't gaming the system, as they have all the power.

There are 20 QBs going this summer (6/28-6/30). All 3 of our current targets -- Moore, Rashada and Williams -- made the cut, as did Iamaleava and Avery Johnson who we were looking at a few months back.

Advertisement
From what I've read, it's based on evaluations by the coaches during the Elite 11 Regional Camps.

Here's a quick video https://www.elite11.com/elite-11-nationwide

It all comes down to trusting that the guys that run the camp know what they're doing and aren't gaming the system, as they have all the power.

There are 20 QBs going this summer (6/28-6/30). All 3 of our current targets -- Moore, Rashada and Williams -- made the cut, as did Iamaleava and Avery Johnson who we were looking at a few months back.
Education right here.

Education right here.

Lol, yeah not much new info and that video was goofy. But it’s the only one I could find.

At the minimum, we know the camp isn’t just pay to play, they look at 300+ QBs across the country, claim to not care about stars,and the staff are seasoned evaluators even if theyre not NFL/P5 scouts. At the end of the day, it’s still a judgment call.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There’s people in this thread having a literal tempter tantrum because the staff likes this kid so much. Posting the same type of comments for over a month now. At this point you should just stomp your feet while crossing your arms, threatening to hold your breath if they take him.
@Cribby, I just don’t understand what’s not to like about the kid. Is it just a star thing? From what I’ve seen, The young man is pretty **** good. It is possible for kids to “fall through the cracks” in 2022. The staff likes this kid, and I do too. Yes JR is good… so is Moore. No knock on any of those 2 young men. I’m in the camp of “not caring if we whiff on both big name QBs THIS YEAR…and we sign Williams”. Recruiting is one thing that I won’t worry about under Mario and staff…… UNTIL they show me that I need to worry about their recruiting prowess. Manny is not running **** anymore.

Last edited:
@Cribby, I just don’t understand what’s not to like about the kid. Is it just a star thing? From what I’ve seen, The young man is pretty **** good. It is possible for kids to “fall through the cracks” in 2022. The staff likes this kid, and I do too. Yes JR is good… so is Moore. No knock on any of those 2 young men. I’m in the camp of “not caring if we whiff on both if we get Williams”. Recruiting is one thing that I won’t worry about under Mario and staff…… UNTIL I need to worry about their recruiting prowess. Manny is not running **** anymore.
When we hired Mario, he was sold as a recruiting ace with the one slight question mark there being the QB position. The QB coach just came from App St and he may need some adjustment to P5 talent as he isn’t used to recruiting at this level. Gattis is the one guy who has experience and we will see what JJ McCarthy does at Michigan this year.

In general, think the staff has done and exceptional job recruiting the position. We are finalists for both Moore and Rashada and have found an adequate back up in Emory. So I’m not knocking it but just pointing out QB was the one are of question for Mario.

Advertisement
Back