Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
There’s people in this thread having a literal tempter tantrum because the staff likes this kid so much. Posting the same type of comments for over a month now. At this point you should just stomp your feet while crossing your arms, threatening to hold your breath if they take him.

There’s people in this thread having a literal tempter tantrum because the staff likes this kid so much. Posting the same type of comments for over a month now. At this point you should just stomp your feet while crossing your arms, threatening to hold your breath if they take him.
Probably the same people that thought van dyke was a waste

Everyone keeps saying TVD is gone but is he really?
If he gets a first round grade after the season. The staff would have to beg hard for me to see him even consider staying. If he doesn't I think Jake is outa here. They were saying it this year

Angry Over It GIF by Farmers Insurance ®

Advertisement
Some players are rated wrong to begin with and them blow up late. Why are people using Emory team record against him. Do we know what kinda team they have on defense? The staff see him as a viable option to be in the class, man saying people are overhyping him...thats basically what you are saying to the staff cuz they the ones going after him. QB position for me is hard to rate. You can't just look at who has the best physical tools and say yup, he is a 5 star. But thats what they do. You have no idea how quickly they grasp the playbook and all that. What kinda work ethic do they have. Those are things that make or break you as a QB. Not like a WR where u can simply run by people

Advertisement
The idea that this staff, THIS STAFF, is going to settle for ANYONE, this soon, this first year, is absolutely laughable.

you don’t like him vs “x”? Here’s a prize for you. Personally I think I’ll give Mario, gattis, frank, Alonzo benefit of the doubt over the board experts til proven otherwise
Winner Winner Win GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Advertisement
I bet if you search this site, the same ones who were laughing when people said TVD is better than King last offseason are the same ones complaining about Emory.
I don't think it's an argument Rashada is better than Williams. I mean 5-10 minutes of film tells you that.

Now...if because of external factors, we lose out on Rashada...then Williams is a fine consolation prize, considering the staff seems to see something the rest of the country doesn't.

But to just simply start becoming enamored with Williams when we **** well know his high school performance hasn't been spectacular, especially with a Top 150 WR...idk man. I'm skeptical. I'll also add I'd like Williams and Cottrell, not just Williams.

Good news is there's time for him to improve his stock and if Jake is the guy people believe he is, then he can mature behind him and get his feet wet slowly.

I don't think it's an argument Rashada is better than Williams. I mean 5-10 minutes of film tells you that.

Now...if because of external factors, we lose out on Rashada...then Williams is a fine consolation prize, considering the staff seems to see something the rest of the country doesn't.

But to just simply start becoming enamored with Williams when we **** well know his high school performance hasn't been spectacular, especially with a Top 150 WR...idk man. I'm skeptical. I'll also add I'd like Williams and Cottrell, not just Williams.

Good news is there's time for him to improve his stock and if Jake is the guy people believe he is, then he can mature behind him and get his feet wet slowly.
I don't know who will have a better career. Never said he was better than Rashada. The people who are against Emory, are more of the mind that he is not a Miami level guy. I disagree. Outside of the money situation I definitely would take Rashada but I'm not gonna cry tears if he takes money elsewhere and we end up with Emory.

I don't know who will have a better career. Never said he was better than Rashada. The people who are against Emory, are more of the mind that he is not a Miami level guy. I disagree. Outside of the money situation I definitely would take Rashada but I'm not gonna cry tears if he takes money elsewhere and we end up with Emory.
Yeah I don't think he's a bad prospect, I'm just concerned with the lack of high school production. Maybe it's just my notion of thought, and measurables are a great tool, etc etc...but I really value what you do on the field when it matters. So far, he's performed up to his rank - a mid three star. He's got plenty of time to turn that around, and he's got a pretty **** good WR to do some damage with.

Advertisement

Spot on summary

If he gets a first round grade after the season. The staff would have to beg hard for me to see him even consider staying. If he doesn't I think Jake is outa here. They were saying it this year
I get it and it would work perfectly if we had a big year, he left, Garcia took over, Brown and Williams developed

Advertisement
Back