Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
Williams > Rashada

..facts
mike tyson darts GIF

Im cool with 1 QB this year and 2 in the next class.

If you can get Williams try to flip Cottrell his wr.
Let's say this happens and they flip Cottrell. How many WR do they take and who are they? Because even if they give up on Hykeem and admit defeat with Inniss, if they don't push it to 5 WR someone from Jean, Brown and Joseph is still getting left out.

A better question might be where Cottrell ranks on the board with Washington and all the guys mentioned above.

I can't help but think that maybe its why the CB board is such a mystery. Maybe someone we think they want as a WR is being targeted as a CB.

The argument of 5 stars vs 3 stars isn’t being held with proper context.

There are more 3 star quarterbacks among the top guys in the nfl. People counter that the championship college teams all have higher ranked quarterbacks. The problem with that rebuttal is the top teams recruit 5 stars at EVERY position, so it stands to reason that is what will eventually start for them.

Georgia is the only team stacked enough to beat Alabama without intrepid quarterback play. Everyone else needs a super hero to take them down.

Very few of the elite 3 stars will play for titles because the most talented teams can cherry pick blue chip prospects. They get overlooked unless there is a situation like what got Jones to Bama.

It’s pointless to argue over this because both sides are right. The key is getting the right guy. Pursuing Williams has no effect on Rashada or Moore. It’s good strategy, especially if we don’t land either 5 star.
A&M beat Bama with Calzada.

Advertisement
I'm a big fan of Williams myself. The kid has the mechanics of a really good QB and he's in high school. Tape does not lie and his tape is extremely impressive. His footwork and release are on point but most on here won't like him because he doesn't come with the stars. so they put the stars over everything

I'm a big fan of Williams myself. The kid has the mechanics of a really good QB and he's in high school. Tape does not lie and his tape is extremely impressive. His footwork and release are on point but most on here won't like him because he doesn't come with the stars. so they put the stars over everything
Thats always the same go to excuse. We peasants don't like him because of "sTaRs."

Let me guess. His "tape" is that single highlight clip off Twitter right? The one put together by the QB coach who is paid to promote the guys he tutors, and posts a few seconds worth of highlight clips, then calls them "one of the best QB in the nation"? It could've taken him 20 tries to get that footwork good enough for that clip.

Not everybody who isn't in love with this guy is looking at stars.
@cway313

Advertisement
Thats always the same go to excuse. We peasants don't like him because of "sTaRs."

Let me guess. His "tape" is that single highlight clip off Twitter right? The one put together by the QB coach who is paid to promote the guys he tutors, and posts a few seconds worth of highlight clips, then calls them "one of the best QB in the nation"? It could've taken him 20 tries to get that footwork good enough for that clip.

Not everybody who isn't in love with this guy is looking at stars.
@cway313
Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

If only he put that to use for 4 qtrs.

Advertisement
then why is the staff going so hard after Rashada, getting him to delay his commitment despite knowing that UF has a 1.5 mil per offer on the table? Wouldn't they want to laser focus on Moore? It seems the staff's evals have Rashada as QB1
they are going after Moore too. The thing is rashada is ready to commit soon and Moore isn’t. And it seems they still want Williams regardless if they get rashada or Moore.

Let's say this happens and they flip Cottrell. How many WR do they take and who are they? Because even if they give up on Hykeem and admit defeat with Inniss, if they don't push it to 5 WR someone from Jean, Brown and Joseph is still getting left out.

A better question might be where Cottrell ranks on the board with Washington and all the guys mentioned above.

I can't help but think that maybe its why the CB board is such a mystery. Maybe someone we think they want as a WR is being targeted as a CB.

Let's say Cottresll...For arguments sake

Washington
Cottrell
Joseph/Brown/Jean
Jospeh/Brown/Jean

then why is the staff going so hard after Rashada, getting him to delay his commitment despite knowing that UF has a 1.5 mil per offer on the table? Wouldn't they want to laser focus on Moore? It seems the staff's evals have Rashada as QB1
I think the staff is going for Moore, it’s just more low key on their part and Moore’s.

I personally prefer Moore based upon his HS production (footwork, throwing motion, winning and completion %) and his potential. He may not have as high a ceiling as Rashada but he has a higher floor. I think Moore’s ceiling is closer to Rashada’s ceiling and I think Rashada’s floor is further away than Moore’s floor. I like less deviation between boom or bust if possible.

Advertisement
I think the staff is going for Moore, it’s just more low key on their part and Moore’s.

I personally prefer Moore based upon his HS production (footwork, throwing motion, winning and completion %) and his potential. He may not have as high a ceiling as Rashada but he has a higher floor. I think Moore’s ceiling is closer to Rashada’s ceiling and I think Rashada’s floor is further away than Moore’s floor. I like less deviation between boom or bust if possible.
Calculate Rhett And Link GIF by Rooster Teeth

It’s not even close as of right now. Doesn’t mean Williams can’t grow into someone who runs a team:
I read an evaluation of the 3 QB's that was done recently by a guy who has been evaluating QB's for over 15 years ... HIS OPINION is that they rank as follows:

-Moore #1 ... best skill set and very coachable deficiencies.
-Williams #2 ... almost as good as Moore ... very coachable deficiencies ... would be ready to go with a RS year.
-Rashada #3 ... best ball is the deep ball ... really needs a clean pocket ... has a lot of issues that need to be cleaned
up with mechanics compared to the other two.

The guy who has this opinion is a football coach and has been for over 20 years. There is a reason the staff really likes Williams. It's not just to fill a slot. Kid can play.

He very well could be but the probabilities say that there is a much greater chance he never sees the field at a P5.

Depends where he goes and who is recruited the year after him or even who transfers in.

There's some solid QB's out there who never get to shine due to where they go, injuries, bad timing, etc.

Seeing who led UGA to a NC, if that kid can start there so could this kid, plenty of others as well. There's nothing I've seen that says he would never see the field in P5.

Advertisement
Back