Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
LOL imagine him getting the green light to commit but told every other high profile recruit to enjoy the visits and hold off on going public until being sure.

Would make absolutely no sense.

LOL imagine him getting the green light to commit but told every other high profile recruit to enjoy the visits and hold off on going public until being sure.

Would make absolutely no sense.
Rebel Without A Cause Good Luck GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Advertisement
I'd be very happy with Williams if he passes Ponce's evals. And I don't subscribe to the group that wants Miami NIL investors to get into a bidding war for Rashada that drains their budget too much.

But why on earth would you give Williams the green light before Rashada makes his decision? That makes no sense to me unless Jalen has already told the coaches he's not coming. And at least publicly he has said he's visiting again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a dangerous game. Williams is the worst of the three QBs and I don’t think it’s close to be honest. It’s my humble opinion, and I don’t think he’s trash by any means…but I question a lot - particularly his high school performances and the level of competition. Taking his commitment might not signal we’re done here, but I question our traction with the two 5 stars. Now, whether or not he gets a bump…can you convince high-tier skill players to come play for him? You don’t have that question mark with Rashada or Moore…does that give a school like Tennessee, Bama, even UF (if they snag Rashada) more traction given they have the superior talent at QB?

If we were doubting Rashada’s desire given the current QB room we have (rather, for the crowd that believes he doesn’t want to compete with Garcia) there is no shot in **** he commits to a school that’s taking another QB.

In the end, have to trust the staff’s evaluations…but if Williams is the only QB in the class…bleh. Guess we’ll shoot for a stud in 2024.

And if we’re doing this because Rashada and Moore’s prices are through the roof…then we better make it up and allocate a f^ck ton of capital for the trenches and WRs. Can’t be losing guys like Francis because of a bag, if you’re not dropping one on a QB.

Or….is this all an elaborate ploy to tell Rashada “****, or get off the pot”…idek anymore lol.

All the tea leaves seem to be pointing to Williams being our guy. I’m not overly concerned about missing out on Rashada due to him being not being a can’t miss product. Lamaleava was that guy. More concerned about how this effects all the other offensive recruits in the class though. These guys want to play with the higher rated QBs. Still 5 months before signing day and a season to play. We’ll see how things shake out.

Advertisement
Back