Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Then why are top 20 qbs more likely to be a blue chipper than others? Stars don’t go out the window if the data shows blue chippers are better on average. But yeah I’m not saying Emory won’t be a 4 star in the end. He could even be a 3 star who ends up being good. Just on average, the odds favor blue chip recruits.
TVD was a 3 star kid bumped up. The QB position is very hard to judge. The mental side of college football the system the coaching it all matters. We have seen plenty of Kyle Wrights Xavier Lees of the world.

TVD was a 3 star kid bumped up. The QB position is very hard to judge. The mental side of college football the system the coaching it all matters. We have seen plenty of Kyle Wrights Xavier Lees of the world.
TVD was a composite 4 star starting of April of his cycle. He wasn’t a 3. I don’t consider it a bump up when it’s before the May evaluation period. If he was a 3 through the summer and then he got bumped up, then I hear but it didn’t happen that way.

So many booms and busts at the QB spot. I definitely don't trust my judgment. So many guys I thought would do well didn't, and I thought wouldn't do well did.

Now I just rely on the coach. Lashlee, we knew he had the Midas touch with QBs. It all comes down to Ponce. Do we believe he's a quality Top P5 QB evaluator or not?

Advertisement
Advertisement
@cway313

I feel like @nycane when he’s tagging @Dwinstitles
828746340694884352.png

Advertisement
Ferman/Shodell spoke with him and his Dad.
Original plan was to OV weekend of 6/17 and return the following weekend for Legends Camp to throw for staff.

Now they are thinking about moving the OV to 6/24 Legends weekend. He acknowledges that other QBs are making decisions which may affect him. He says he is hearing from a number of “major” Power 5 schools who want to see him in person on their campus and/or want him to camp with them before offering. They are likely taking a few other OVs and unofficial visits in June to do this- just working on schedule now.

They don’t mention any other schools by name but it feels like UF could be one of them.
If UF is one of them then we know what happened

I mean before TVD got his chance to show out I’m pretty sure he was an unknown commodity and everyone was on the Jack train. You never know with these kids…this isn’t a coaching staff we have to worry about when it comes to recruiting, player evaluations, and development.

Advertisement
Back