Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
I'm really not being a **** here, but it probably is a good thing. He's gushed about most if not all of our QB's and where has that landed us exactly.

At this point, I don't even hold his evaluations against him. He's as enthusiastic as they come and eventually throws on the orange and green shades like a lot of people. Just look at the Spring reviews and fall camp opinions.

It's something I've come to appreciate about him though. He tries to be remain somewhat impartial, but eventually gets sucked in. No disrespect, but evaluations aren't his strong suit. Respect though, don't change and keep putting your thoughts out there.

About this kid. He can play. He can play here. Some refinement and you've got a guy to challenge Brown. He's already got as much arm talent. He'll have time to work on his craft unless injuries happen.

Don't get caught up in the one sport athlete thing. Most D1 athletes could play another sport, some choose not to so they can focus on one. In particular at the smaller schools. Gotta have love for other sports and maybe he doesn't or is just laser focused on football. I don't plan on my kids playing more than one unless they really just love something else. Give that one your all.
Agree with most of your initial points which is telling. D normally is sold rather easily (j/k) (kind of). Still not a fan of the kid and highlight tapes for QBs are the least interesting metric imo. His game tape screams JAG but he could end up a first round pick based off CIS scouts.

Advertisement
Same people putting down lower ranked QBs in here are the same ones that poo poo'd TVD when he first committed.
Most of the time they’re lower ranked for a reason. Maybe this guy hasn’t been evaluated fully yet, but let’s not twist this into a “stars don’t matter” argument because they usually do.

So serious question…I haven’t really kept up with this over past few days but are we just zeroing in on this kid and throwing towel in on Rashada??

Advertisement
Agree with most of your initial points which is telling. D normally is sold rather easily (j/k) (kind of). Still not a fan of the kid and highlight tapes for QBs are the least interesting metric imo. His game tape screams JAG but he could end up a first round pick based off CIS scouts.

I'd have to see games of his. Guess you have. How he's got a 64 percent completion and only 2 INT's, but maybe not the best game footage is interesting if it's as you say it is. That to me would scream some offensive issues, talent he's working with or play calling. That or he's taking the easy pass rather than pushing it down the field. Isn't one of his WR's going to UGA?

The highlight tape is more than fine. Most of them are.

Best film I've seen is Howard, he's going to Utah. He doesn't have the measurables of the other guys, but he literally reminds me of Drew Brees. Literally can sling it all over the place and makes every throw you'd ever ask of someone.

Nico, raw as ****, not that impressed with the highlights.

Arch, polished, you know what you're getting.

Rashada, nice highlight but know what Emory gets knocked for that Rashada doesn't show. Athleticism. Makes all the throws, that's for sure.

Games with QB's are where it's at. It is with all recruits, but QB's in particular. How do they handle all situations and manage the game?

You take the stars away from the QB evals on highlights, bet you start hearing people sing a different tune.

... we've been through this 100 times over the years. It's simple statistics.

5/20 here are blue chippers. So, 25% were a 4 star or better (Or 20%, not sure if your "borderline 4 star" was a 4 star or a high ranked 3 star). But only 9% of players (not including unranked) are 4 or 5 stars based on the article below. That means for NFL QBs, blue chippers have a much better chance of being a top 20 NFL QB than all the others.

Sure, you will get diamonds in the rough. But the odds are in favor of blue chips. Do we really need to go over this every year?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm confused on these Elite 11 invites. It feels like its based less on performance at the camps and more on potential and ranking nationally. Jaden Rashada didn't place in his Vegas events but Emory Willams WON all of his events though didn't wow in the combine portion (40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle run, vertical jump and kneeling power ball toss). Yet only Rashada got an invite.

Meanwhile Rashada got a top dog write up in 247 and Emory's was buried at the bottom of the Baton Rouge 247 article. As follows:

Elite 11 bias' aside, it feels Emory Williams is also possibly unique case of limited exposure and an thus treated as an after thought a top heavy QB cycle. Would love to get thoughts from the peanut gallery on this.

You rarely see kids who stand in the pocket and deliver the ball that well knowing a dude bigger than him will put him on the ground.

There was a throw on that junior tape where a lineman fell for his legs and he completed a perfect ball to the sideline. Thats really rare.

I’m not gonna do it. I’ve spent 15 years trying to convince myself about the lower rated guys we’ve signed. This is a miss and who we’ve landed on as a back up plan. Stop with the crazy comparisons. It’s okay to say he’ll add depth but there’s a chance he never plays here. We have Jake and Brown. If they develop we’ll be okay as long as we land a big dog in 24 and 25. That’s where I’m at don’t talk to me about Trevor Lawrence or any other NFL quarterback. If he gets there dope but I’m not setting that expectation.
He’s better Brown right now…….IMO, Brown will never be a regular starter at Miami

Advertisement
... we've been through this 100 times over the years. It's simple statistics.

5/20 here are blue chippers. So, 25% were a 4 star or better (Or 20%, not sure if your "borderline 4 star" was a 4 star or a high ranked 3 star). But only 9% of players (not including unranked) are 4 or 5 stars based on the article below. That means for NFL QBs, blue chippers have a much better chance of being a top 20 NFL QB than all the others.

Sure, you will get diamonds in the rough. But the odds are in favor of blue chips. Do we really need to go over this every year?

Qb’s is one position stars go out the window. There’s a reason the best evaluators normally have the best qb’s, there’s also a reason why qb’s get an instant bump when a certain guru offers.

This kid hasn’t hit the seven on seven camp circuit hard as most , hes likely a four star when it’s all said and done.

So serious question…I haven’t really kept up with this over past few days but are we just zeroing in on this kid and throwing towel in on Rashada??
FWIW, Max speculated last night they will take Emory and continue to recruit Rasahada and Moore. Sounding like 2 QBs in this class isn't out of the question.

Advertisement
Back