Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
i absolutely get the desire for "wow," watching the guy rip off a 50 run off a keeper, lamar jackson style. who wouldnt want that?

but let's evaluate the kid in the framework of the UM offense, and what Cristobal and Gattis want to do.

no QB, including a guy like jaccurri, is going to need to be that kind of "lamar jackson type" QB.
I'm talking more about plays like when TVD escaped the rush, rolled left and contorted to throw that two-point conversion against UNC. The ability to make the OC right when things go haywire. Joe Burrow (former basketball player) is a great example.

Questions I would ask if I were UM- does Williams have a multisport background? What is his shuttle? Does he appear twitchy (arm and legs) in person? TVD checked those boxes despite not being a running QB.

There’s not many guys who make me say wow….pause….on multiple throws , like jaw hanging open. Most of these cats throw to wide open guys or guys thats won their matchup off the line.

Did i do it right weirdos ?
adam sandler q GIF

Advertisement
So whatever our opinions are on the matter, the staff seems to be closing in on this kid as our horse. Let’s see what happens, one thing is in the short time Mario has been here, he has proven he always has a plan.

Advertisement
Same people putting down lower ranked QBs in here are the same ones that poo poo'd TVD when he first committed.
Not too many disliked the TVD commit because it came during a time where expectations were low and rationalization was high. You are correct though, as a HS prospect, if he committed now, many would be ****ed and ultimately wrong. I just thing players like TVD are the exception not the rule though.

Not too many disliked the TVD commit because it came during a time where expectations were low and rationalization was high. You are correct though, as a HS prospect, if he committed now, many would be ****ed and ultimately wrong. I just thing players like TVD are the exception not the rule though.
Successful QB evals are the exception, not the rule. It is a crapshoot. Period.

Advertisement
If FSU publicly whiffed on Rashada, then signed this kid, we’d be clowning them. Especially considering the one big hole in Mario’s regime at Oregon was that the last two years they couldn’t find a QB, and that held them back from higher achievement.

I like how you say whiffed as if he’s ours to lose. Kid has offers from everywhere which means only 1 team won’t “ whiff”

Saw someone say something about good 3 stars being the exception not the rule but I can't find it to quote it.

Check this out.

Top 10 QBs statistically in Football -2021

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Allen
4. Herbert
5. Stafford
6. Burrow
7. Mahomes
8. Murray
9. Prescott
10. Carr

Next 10

11. Wilson
12. Tannehill
13. Cousins
14. Jackson
15. Ryan
16. Mac
17. Hurt
18. Teddy
19. Wentz
20. Jimmy G

Two 5 Stars
A Mid 4
A low 4
A borderline 4
TEN 3 Stars - One of which was asked if he would switch to WR
Three borderline 3s
A 2 Star
An Unranked

**** Them Stars.

Body type and hair on Lawrence. Never meant to imply Emory is a generational talent. Thats dumb.

And the comparison to Ridder is less about athleticism and more about pocket presence, toughness, arm and build.
Y'all right let me put more respect of a third round QB that had 10 Tuddies his final year of high school.

Advertisement
Saw someone say something about good 3 stars being the exception not the rule but I can't find it to quote it.

Check this out.

Top 10 QBs statistically in Football -2021

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Allen
4. Herbert
5. Stafford
6. Burrow
7. Mahomes
8. Murray
9. Prescott
10. Carr

Next 10

11. Wilson
12. Tannehill
13. Cousins
14. Jackson
15. Ryan
16. Mac
17. Hurt
18. Teddy
19. Wentz
20. Jimmy G

Two 5 Stars
A Mid 4
A low 4
A borderline 4
TEN 3 Stars - One of which was asked if he would switch to WR
Three borderline 3s
A 2 Star
An Unranked

**** Them Stars.
It was me, and I’m talking percentages in the college game. Stars matter and have mattered in the collegiate level. Also, why does everyone that makes this argument, you aren’t the first or last, not recognize the amount of 3 stars we are pulling from?

Mine was Gurvan Hall when he threw on that 26 it looked right freshmen year.
Haha if I'm going only my Canes ones Lawrence Cager and Dionte Mullins proved I know nothing about receivers. Also thought Artie would be dope in the NFL. His last season in Miami I thought that man was the truth.

Advertisement
Back