Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
I see a Desmond Ridder with more gunslinger, big play mindset. Emory's film is all pocket presence, accuracy, tight windows and touchowns.

I’m not gonna do it. I’ve spent 15 years trying to convince myself about the lower rated guys we’ve signed. This is a miss and who we’ve landed on as a back up plan. Stop with the crazy comparisons. It’s okay to say he’ll add depth but there’s a chance he never plays here. We have Jake and Brown. If they develop we’ll be okay as long as we land a big dog in 24 and 25. That’s where I’m at don’t talk to me about Trevor Lawrence or any other NFL quarterback. If he gets there dope but I’m not setting that expectation.

then we have a real QB controversy here.

@Cribby has echoed what the staff thinks

I think he's a take all day.

could there be a second QB in the mix?

Listen, you’ve forgotten more about QB play than I’ve ever known. I’m just greedy. He looks like P5 signee all day but I was hoping for more “Wow” flashes of physical tools.

Wonder if this arms race right now is putting blinders on schools to overall talent evaluation. It feels like schools are doing the most to buy the big names to make fans and boosters happy without prioritizing more evaluations..
Maybe but a stretch. The good ole everyone is recruiting off of lists but us suggestion doesn’t hold water when we are the school with the least results. What’s more likely is you are rationalizing everything about our perceived recruiting position this cycle at QB. If this was a Noles board, this would make Noles Tears. Like stated, his team has a WR committed to UGA, I’m not sure the lack of exposure holds true here. He is a nice prospect with some serious concerns. Arm is meh and he isn’t athletic during a time where premiums are put on both traits. Now he may very well be the exception to the rule, but we have lived by that exception for 15 years now and it hasn’t been successful.

Advertisement
I see a Desmond Ridder with more gunslinger, big play mindset. Emory's film is all pocket presence, accuracy, tight windows and touchowns.
Maybe it's a hot take considering where he was drafted (although the QBs as a whole were very mediocre at best in this class) But I don't think Ridder is that good 🤷‍♂️

Listen, you’ve forgotten more about QB play than I’ve ever known. I’m just greedy. He looks like P5 signee all day but I was hoping for more “Wow” flashes of physical tools.
It’s okay to call a spade a spade. This a disappointment. Big time QB helps with recruiting and overall optics on the state of the program. This dude could be good but it adds doubt. Will top receivers be excited about this?? The answer is simple, **** no lol perception matters.

I'm confused on these Elite 11 invites. It feels like its based less on performance at the camps and more on potential and ranking nationally. Jaden Rashada didn't place in his Vegas events but Emory Willams WON all of his events though didn't wow in the combine portion (40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle run, vertical jump and kneeling power ball toss). Yet only Rashada got an invite.

Meanwhile Rashada got a top dog write up in 247 and Emory's was buried at the bottom of the Baton Rouge 247 article. As follows:

Elite 11 bias' aside, it feels Emory Williams is also possibly unique case of limited exposure and an thus treated as an after thought a top heavy QB cycle. Would love to get thoughts from the peanut gallery on this.

Where did you find the combine numbers? Thanks in advance.

I’m not gonna do it. I’ve spent 15 years trying to convince myself about the lower rated guys we’ve signed. This is a miss and who we’ve landed on as a back up plan. Stop with the crazy comparisons. It’s okay to say he’ll add depth but there’s a chance he never plays here. We have Jake and Brown. If they develop we’ll be okay as long as we land a big dog in 24 and 25. That’s where I’m at don’t talk to me about Trevor Lawrence or any other NFL quarterback. If he gets there dope but I’m not setting that expectation.
I agree with this. He’s a depth piece but I also thought TVD was just a depth guy as well. I said he looks ‘appearance wise’ like T Law not comparing the games at all lol

Advertisement
I’m not sure paying the NIL money needed for a 5 star QB out of high school is worth the value. I’d rather go get a guy who has been successful for 1-2 years in college and use the money for him. I’d like to see the production before paying upwards of 5 million.

Advertisement
I agree with this. He’s a depth piece but I also thought TVD was just a depth guy as well. I said he looks ‘appearance wise’ like T Law not comparing the games at all lol
If FSU publicly whiffed on Rashada, then signed this kid, we’d be clowning them. Especially considering the one big hole in Mario’s regime at Oregon was that the last two years they couldn’t find a QB, and that held them back from higher achievement.

I'm confused on these Elite 11 invites. It feels like its based less on performance at the camps and more on potential and ranking nationally. Jaden Rashada didn't place in his Vegas events but Emory Willams WON all of his events though didn't wow in the combine portion (40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle run, vertical jump and kneeling power ball toss). Yet only Rashada got an invite.

Meanwhile Rashada got a top dog write up in 247 and Emory's was buried at the bottom of the Baton Rouge 247 article. As follows:

Elite 11 bias' aside, it feels Emory Williams is also possibly unique case of limited exposure and an thus treated as an after thought a top heavy QB cycle. Would love to get thoughts from the peanut gallery on this.

It’s probably click based. Not gonna spend too much time about a prospect if the big fan bases don’t gaf.
Russel Wilson was killing it his senior year and nobody cared. There are times when dudes with offers overshadow actual performance. Maybe this is one of those cases?

If FSU publicly whiffed on Rashada, then signed this kid, we’d be clowning them. Especially considering the one big hole in Mario’s regime at Oregon was that the last two years they couldn’t find a QB, and that held them back from higher achievement.
Well yes but their QB is room is hot garbage, we’re not in the same situation. We’ll sign a better QB than them this year and our QB room is pretty **** healthy rn. And this guy could be the one who we sign that will be better than FSU.

Advertisement
Im gonna trust this staff's evaluations until they give me a reason not to, tbh.

Starwhore me wants Rashada in the class

But my unprofessional and untrained stupid eyes can even see the arm talent that Emory Williams has on the little bit of footage I've seen
This is precisely where I'm at. I've never had the opportunity to trust a staff this much. From the Head Coach to the fact that we have 2 productive OCs.

I love a 5 star as much as the next person but if this staff tells me Emory Williams is it I'm good. Especially if that money saved is spent elsewhere and still finish with a top 5 class despite QB.

Im gonna trust this staff's evaluations until they give me a reason not to, tbh.

Starwhore me wants Rashada in the class

But my unprofessional and untrained stupid eyes can even see the arm talent that Emory Williams has on the little bit of footage I've seen
This where I’m at as well. I really want Rashada but I see what’s going on with him. I’m a big fan of Emory, if that’s who we end up with I won’t *****.

This is precisely where I'm at. I've never had the opportunity to trust a staff this much. From the Head Coach to the fact that we have 2 productive OCs.

I love a 5 star as much as the next person but if this staff tells me Emory Williams is it I'm good. Especially if that money saved is spent elsewhere and still finish with a top 5 class despite QB.
We are not signing a top 5 class unless this guy skyrockets up the ranks.

For the "rank o holic's" - let's see where the kid ends up at the end of the year... I guess, if he ends up a 4* because Mike Farrell think so, then were good...
Keanu Reeves Wink GIF

Advertisement
Back