Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Kid's got good size and nice accuracy and touch. You can see him completing passes to receivers who are fairly well covered so that speaks to his accuracy and confidence. Most high school kids only throw to wide open guys. Doesn't look to have the strongest arm. Competition is suspect. I have family in Milton. It's in the panhandle and pretty rural.

Definitely some upside but he's not on the level of any of the scholarship QBs we currently have on the roster.

I’m talking about this kid’s ceiling. And level of competiton is one of the most useless factors in evaluating qb’s. For the simple reason that the kid has the fundamentals and the ear space or he doesn’t. You can pick that up on tape.

And arm strength shows on several routes so i’m not sure what you are seeing.

Everyone has their opinion and their area of competence. I would always defer to @Liberty City El for CB’s over anyone, as that’s not my area of expertise. Same way @Stevo365 has the WR’s on lockdown.

In this case, I trust my eyes more than anyone on this board for evaluation of qb’s.

I’ve been wrong before. I just don’t think so in this case

Advertisement
I’m talking about this kid’s ceiling. And level of competiton is one of the most useless factors in evaluating qb’s. For the simple reason that the kid has the fundamentals and the ear space or he doesn’t. You can pick that up on tape.

Everyone has their opinion and their area of competence. I would always defer to @Liberty City El for CB’s over anyone, as that’s not my area of expertise. Same way @Stevo365 has the WR’s on lockdown.

In this case, I trust my eyes more than anyone on this board for evaluation of qb’s.

Coaches have your take. Super high ceiling

I like him a lot too mechanical wise he checks a lot of boxes. If Jacurri can gain this QB feet and learn how to reset his body moving away from the pocket and deliver throws accurately under pressure like him OMG. His anticipation is on point too. I like him alot alot!
Is that all he he to learn? So he basically needs to learn everything about playing the position

Advertisement

I like him a lot too mechanical wise he checks a lot of boxes. If Jacurri can gain this QB feet and learn how to reset his body moving away from the pocket and deliver throws accurately under pressure like him OMG. His anticipation is on point too. I like him alot alot!

This is the type guy that comes out of nowhere to be a superstar.

The only thing he doesn’t have is cannon arm strength. He seemed to lock on his first read a little bit.

Other than that the upside of what he does well makes great quarterbacks. I LOVE Lthe way he puts passes on point in the middle of the field, even when it’s crowded. Not many guys his age have the anticipation and read skills to do that.

I’m always concerned about level of competition because bad opponents will make an average kid look great. Not that I think this kid is average. He’s got plus accuracy. His arm isn’t weak, it’s just not strong. There’s at least three or four vertical throws in the highlights where his receiver has the DB beat pretty well but by the time the ball gets there, the DB is contesting the catch. Once again, I’m an amateur and I could be totally wrong too. I’m just going off a highlight video.

Advertisement
I’m always concerned about level of competition because bad opponents will make an average kid look great. Not that I think this kid is average. He’s got plus accuracy. His arm isn’t weak, it’s just not strong. There’s at least three or four vertical throws in the highlights where his receiver has the DB beat pretty well but by the time the ball gets there, the DB is contesting the catch. Once again, I’m an amateur and I could be totally wrong too. I’m just going off a highlight video.
I get your concerns.

Let me say this:

In college and as you move up levels, pretty much every catch is contested. Guys are rarely “high school open,” no pun intended, and whether a catch is contested is not always (or even often) within the qb’s control. (There’s exceptions and a caveat, but it’s for another thread).

As far as weak competition making a qb look good, … sort of, it depends, sometimes, and not always. There are ways to distinguish. For example, When guys throw a five yard hitch and the receiver runs 50 yards for a touchdown. That’s different than facing poor comp, but a guy throws an out route from the opposite hash on the money. There are guys who couldn’t make that throw against air. In that case, comp means less than the fuzz on a gorilla’s nuts.

And his verticals were pretty well thrown and accurate. There’s no real fade on his deep ball, so I’m not bent out of shape on that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is the type guy that comes out of nowhere to be a superstar.

The only thing he doesn’t have is cannon arm strength. He seemed to lock on his first read a little bit.

Other than that the upside of what he does well makes great quarterbacks. I LOVE Lthe way he puts passes on point in the middle of the field, even when it’s crowded. Not many guys his age have the anticipation and read skills to do that.

Oh, he's got a good enough arm. In fact, there's a lot left in the tank that can be fixed with proper mechanics. Watch how on his dropback his weight is distributed on his back foot and he's got a slight lean back. He then straightens up and then goes into his throwing motion. A bit of a pause and if he pumps or moves to the next target, he really falls into his backseat.

All in all, he's got a quick release once he starts his motion from an upright stance. He could be laser quick if he fixes his mechanics. Quality arm that can make all the throws.

I don't see any red flags, he seems to have the tools to be a successful college QB, maybe more. Game footage would tell the story though, but those are nice highlights for sure.

ok, so i had heard this offer was very likely a couple of days ago.

had a chance to speak with someone who i trust who has some knowledge of this kid. he and i got on zoom and broke down some tape of him from last year, because he wanted my take.

after about 20-25 minutes, my opinion was pretty well formed:

TAKE THIS KID. If he wants to come, and the in-person evals confirm what's on the tape, ... (always an open question) .... then I could care less if rashada or moore are in this class. i think this kid has that kind of ceiling.

always welcome to hear @Lance Roffers weigh in with me on the QB's. (and of course, @Liberty City El or @Stevo365 if they have any insight).
He has as much if not more arm-talent than TVD and works the pocket better at the same stage of their careers. TVD has intangibles and moxie that you appreciate seeing him play first-hand, so it's hard to draw conclusions in that regard but pure ability this kid has with a sky-high ceiling. He's a total take from a talent perspective and he seems very well coached. If he's as hard a worker as his film eludes to then he can be a very good player. The cherry is if he's not a queen and willing to lock it in after a visit.

Advertisement
This kid is fine if he's the second QB in your class but it's highly concerning that we are already settling on unranked QB's given Mario's history recruiting the position.
What!? Ranked? Says who? The tape doesn't lie and a lot of these ranked kids are queens. He needs to be ranked for someone like you to feel better? What was Josh Allen or Justin Herbert's ranking in high school? There's such a thing as talent-evaluation and development. I see more pure arm-talent with this young man than Rashada.

Last edited:
His movement in the pocket is impressive. He has twitch in his feet. Would have expected him to look more raw based on his background.
I'm no QB guru but he is clearly well coached and works on that part of his game. Most of those throws come while his feet are chopping with a wide base but he's still able to shoot his right hip, stay on top of the ball, and turn his right shoulder all the way through. There's more power to be unleashed with work on being more efficient with his feet and rooting a little harder just before he throws.

Dont disagree, but Garcia, Juccuri and Rasada aint realistic. Your gonna be wasting $ on Rasada who will bail if he aint starting in year 2. I dont see him jumping Garcia or Jacurri after a year under his belt. What's interesting is if TVD does not leave after this year... Garcia will bail and then you would want the Jacurri / Rasada battle to take place for position # 2.
Not to mention Colin Hurley is gonna be coming out in 25...

Get this kid on campus and sign him up. This BS with NIL is annoying as **** and will be the downfall of college athletics. With some excellent coaching this kid can be VERY SPECIAL. I really don't care too much about Rashada anymore. My concern is schools are soon going to be all over this kid. Let's get him here to see the campus and meet the coaches!

Advertisement
Back