Emory Redshirt

Advertisement
By my count he’s now played in 4 games so to keep his redshirt he can’t play anymore. Obviously if we need him to win we’ll play him but would love to preserve his redshirt if at all possible.
Here’s an option.

TVD returns, plays all of one of the remaining five games. We use Jacurri as the backup in the other four.

Both redshirts are preserved.

Advertisement
Here’s an option.

TVD returns, plays all of one of the remaining five games. We use Jacurri as the backup in the other four.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Advertisement
Here’s an option.

TVD needs to finish the season and move on... he isn't improving his draft status significantly by staying. Adding his injury history, it is a risk if he stays...

One of the Texas backup QBs is going to transfer.. probably Malik

Speaking of Jacurri, he gotta transfer after this season right?
Who's this player. Are goin back to the KING ERA. I'M satisfied on recruiting POCKET PASSER. Jimmy Johnson and DENNIS ERICKSON STOCK with POCKET PASSER passers. REMEMBER RYAN Collins. Enough is enough.

Dawson did say both of the backups have 4 games to use. Hopefully tvd is healthy for the rest of the year, we get a couple blowouts and jacurri gets some live reps..Would be the perfect scenario

Advertisement
TVD needs to finish the season and move on... he isn't improving his draft status significantly by staying. Adding his injury history, it is a risk if he stays...

One of the Texas backup QBs is going to transfer.. probably Malik
Not only can TVD improve his draft stock by showing more consistency and improving on his glaring faults of staring down his first read too many times, but, this is a deep QB draft class. He can still play himself into a top 15 pick if he finishes the year strong and has good overall play next year with less prospects to compete with. His performance in the offense itself should also improve just from being in the system another year with the same group.

Speaking of Jacurri, he gotta transfer after this season right?

I really don't think he is. When Corey Flagg made the game winning tackle Jacurri was one of the first guys to run into the field to congratulate Flagg. To me that looks like his all in as a Cane and not going anywhere anytime soon.

Advertisement
They aren't worried about redshirting Emory. Mario was asked and answered that yesterday
He might start vs UVA if Van Dyke is still out, time will tell. He'd get valuable PT vs Boston College if all goes right. Needs a series vs. NCSU in the 1st half with a nice script he can work through all week

Advertisement
Back